It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead boy found buried in sand at NM playground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by whaaa

I think there are only 3 likely explainations

1. Some bully burried the child in sand with the act of bullying having terrible and unintendned results.

2. The child had one of his friends burry him in sand, with neither child realizing the tragic consequences.

3. A "garden variety" pedophile killed the boy then disposed of the body in the sand. This may not be likely because the article did not describe trauma.

Yeah good ideas, except, where the hell are the parents?

Edit: oh just read what Sonya wrote.

What a crazy bitch. :shk:

[edit on 21-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The child's mother has been charged in the death.

For nearly a week, who the toddler was, how he died, and who put him there were a chilling mystery until Thursday, when a drawing of the youngster circulated by police led to the arrest of a young mother on murder charges.

Albuquerque police said Tiffany Toribio, 23, confessed to suffocating her 3-year-old son, Tyruss "Ty" Toribio, as he slept on the climbing gym — a crime so cold-blooded that neighbors struggled to comprehend it, and even veteran officers became choked up.

Toribio was homeless and sleeping in the park, having been kicked out of her mother's home and a friend's apartment in the days before her son's death because she was ignoring the boy and withholding affection, investigators said.

"What makes this story especially sad was when asked the reason why she took Ty's life, Tiffany said that she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him the same way that she had grown up with no one caring about her," said Police Chief Ray Schultz, his eyes watery and his voice thick with emotion.

www.google.com...

According to the police, the woman suffocated her child, had a change of heart, performed CPR, reviving him, and then suffocated him a final time.

[edit on 2009/5/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I feel absolutely sick ...people saw the neglect and did nothing....oh my freaking god.
This is why they will argue that new moms need to be psychologically tested.
I cannot believe a mother would take the life of her own child. It just doesn't compute in my brain at all. I would DIE to protect mine from harm.
Sick god damn freak excuse for a human being. If I ever saw a good use for a prison shank she's it.
Jesus, my blood is boiling...
I'm just without words...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I can understand mothers that commit suicide and take their kids with them, that extreme attachment and they just can't leave them behind.

But killing the kid and then just going on? This woman is probably truly crazy. She could have been very attached to the child which is why she brought him back the first time.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I can understand mothers that commit suicide and take their kids with them, that extreme attachment and they just can't leave them behind.

That's a remarkable statement.

Regardless of what act might follow, killing one's children is murder and is made no less heinous by suicide.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottThat's a remarkable statement.

Regardless of what act might follow, killing one's children is murder and is made no less heinous by suicide.

It maybe heinous but it is true. If the mother is so desperate she can't go on living it is not that unusual for her to take her children with her because she can't/won't leave them. It is a side-effect of extreme attachment particularly if the woman is raising the children on her own.

Likewise having children at home severely drops the likelihood of the mother comitting suicide, even if they are going through severe depression. When the kids leave the nest the suicide rates return to normal.

Women certainly kill far far less than men do, but when they do kill they are most likely to kill their own offspring. It does happen in nature all the time but typically with newborns, animals are very unlikely to kill their older offspring but apparently human females will.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's all very horrible. Thats' why I say that mankind is the so called "beast" from the bible.....

The fourth dimension or alien possibilities are easier to take than a mother that kills her own kid and then buries him in a sandbox? She obviously wanted to get caught and will plead insanity as she should because SHE'S INSANE!

According to Henry's Toothbrush, it is possible that aliens from the fourth dimension brainwashed her into doing this or to say she did it, but I know that's a bit of a stretch. It's more likely that she is just a crazy bitch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join