It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Gay marriage is 'the beginning in a long downward slide' to legalized child molesta

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

The topic is Pat Robertson's assertion that gay marriage will lead to legalized child abuse. The opinions of the members posting in this thread on homosexuality are off topic. There are plenty of threads in the BTS Faith forum for anyone who wishes to debate that issue.

spelling issues today.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Duzey]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

The topic is Pat Robertson's assertion that gay marriage will lead to legalized child abuse. The opinions of the members posting in this thread on homosexuality are off topic. There are plenty of threads in the BTS Faith forum for anyone who wishes to debate that issue.

spelling issues today.

I respectfully disagree. The OP states that Pat says...
First Legalized Gay Marriage will lead to
Second Polygamy
Third Beastiality
Fourth Legalized Pedophilia...

So if you cant debate whether or not the first point, legalized gay marriage, is in fact Biblically wrong then you cant debate whether any of the remaining stages could even occur and if they did if they would be considered wrong.

If you would like to make a case for the logic being different than that I am willing to listen or if you would like me to quit posting on this thread then simply say so and I will respectfully stop posting.

The point being that if Pat is somehow right and these things are sinful and will bring on Gods wrath, then I think you could make a case that he is just warning people of what he understands to be actions that could lead to the demise of our country or the world, which is in fact no different then warning people of a natural disaster. Not that I am in agreement with Pat Roberstsons view. I would just like to discuss it.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is my final notice.

If this thread does not return to the topic, which is not is homosexuality wrong, it will be closed.

If any members disagree with this, they may submit a complaint as further discussion of this is equally off topic.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So if you cant debate whether or not the first point, legalized gay marriage, is in fact Biblically wrong then you cant debate whether any of the remaining stages could even occur and if they did if they would be considered wrong.

Sighs.

Well, okay. SHOW IT. It has been demolished MANY, MANY times. Prove it first.

Since you said it will lead to legalized child molestation, show this first. Please, I beg of you, show this.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I have given my view that is in disagreement with yours in the post above yours. I will with all respect to you stop posting to this thread so you will not close it and others can discuss it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I would like to see where Robertson bases his claims that gay marriage could lead to legalization of child molestation, etc etc. Personal experience? Because he's known a few gay? I wonder how he would react if such questions were brought to him publically. He does have the right to his opinions, but opposing viewpoints should be allowed on his show to question the things he says, particularly like this. But something tells me he isn't willing to have any kind of intelligent discussion about this topic.

Unfortunately, many who not only oppose gay marriage, but homosexuality all together, share this same point of view and that is homosexuals are the ones out there molesting children. At the same time, they also ignore the simple fact that it's mostly straight men that condone these acts. I'm not saying that homosexuals never do these things, but let's not try to pretend that they are the only ones that do it, but you can't tell most people that because it's easier for them to blame homosexuals. Easier to blame a group of people they are personally disgusted by, so why not add that to the list?

I always wondered where the animosity toward gay marriage came from, it's people like Robertson who spread such hate. It's not necessarily the gullible who jump onto these believes, it's the ones who share the same point of view but hide behind their religion as a crutch to spread their hate.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
pat robertson is a moron.
i can rarely say that i hope someone will get assassinated and really mean it, but i hope this guy does. he just profits off of people's faith and twists them emotionally into going along with whatever he decides.
just as bad, he makes even more of a mess out of christianity.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

I always wondered where the animosity toward gay marriage came from, it's people like Robertson who spread such hate.

It's their own family's homophobia, their homosexuality, their preachers' opinions, etc. etc, witch lead to this horse manure.

Pat's first error is that asserting that the Bible condemns homosexuality which it does not.

His another error is that gay marriage will lead to many other "nasty sins".

THERE IS NO LINK BETWEEN GAY MARRIAGES AND SEX WITH ANIMALS AND OTHER NASTIES.

NONE.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by itinerantseeker

I always wondered where the animosity toward gay marriage came from, it's people like Robertson who spread such hate.

It's their own family's homophobia, their homosexuality, their preachers' opinions, etc. etc, witch lead to this horse manure.

Pat's first error is that asserting that the Bible condemns homosexuality which it does not.

His another error is that gay marriage will lead to many other "nasty sins".

THERE IS NO LINK BETWEEN GAY MARRIAGES AND SEX WITH ANIMALS AND OTHER NASTIES.

NONE.

Nobody is saying that homosexuals are into beastiality or child molestation anymore than straight people. What Robertson is saying is that if you redifine marriage based on societal whims then eventually it will be redifined to include polygamy, beastiality, and any other thing that is OVER TIME deemed acceptable by society.

I cannot debate whether or not the Bible condemns homosexuality, because the mod has banned any discussion of that in this thread. Maybe look at the verses in my previous posts. It looks pretty clear to me.

OK. my absoute last post in this thread so I dont break my word to the mod, anymore than I already have by making this post.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
One small step for man... One giant leap for little boys!

-----

Seriously, Pat Robertson is an air wasting nut job. I thought he finally kicked the bucket. It's a shame I was wrong. Oh well. As for his comments... "Methinks one doth protest too much."

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

How can any rational person link gay marriage to beastiality, child molestation, etc...

Because they are all an abomination to God's creation and our purpose as humans to procreate. If God meant for males to mate with males then you could procreate in that manner same as females mating with females. God did not make two Adams in the garden but a male Adam and a female Eve. If is simple, simple, simple! A dick and a dick do not fit, period. A vagina and a vagina do not fit, period. Remember when you were a kid and you had those hollow blocks with all the shapes that you had to fit in them. Well a square didn't fit in the circle and a star didn't fit into an oval. It is elementary my dear Watson. OK 20 years ago we could not fathom gay marriage as being acceptable much less legal. Now look 20 years a head we think molestation is taboo now but in 20 years when enough people whine that they were born that way and it feels good and that it should be ok to love whom or what ever no matter the gender or age or species that they are tired of living with their dog in the closet and being ashamed and mistreated. Remember many atheist think they descended from monkeys is it so hard to see that their could be movement of sick people using that as a basis to marry or have sex with an animal? See again elementary my dear Watson. Wow for a bunch of intellectual people yall sure are slow to the basics. No offence, I have nothing against anyone here, love you all but come on why do you think this idea is so out of line? Because molestation and bestiality are wrong just like homosexuality. Give it time and someone will come up with a good logical and rational reason why it is ok to molest and the main stream will go right along with it. Look at how easily we have become corrupt in such a short period of time it is not that hard to visualize what is coming next.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nobody is saying that homosexuals are into beastiality or child molestation anymore than straight people. What Robertson is saying is that if you redifine marriage based on societal whims then eventually it will be redifined to include polygamy, beastiality, and any other thing that is OVER TIME deemed acceptable by society.

Marriage is between 2 adults who love each other. Nothing less or nothing more. Bible doesn't condemn straight or gay marriage.

There you go.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Marriage is between 2 adults who love each other. Nothing less or nothing more. Bible doesn't condemn straight or gay marriage.

There you go.

Okay take that same idea and say marriage belongs to two beings that love each other nothing more nothing less. The Bible does not condemn bestiality, homosexuality or molestation. Not that far fetched is it?

There you go.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Okay take that same idea and say marriage belongs to two beings that love each other nothing more nothing less. The Bible does not condemn bestiality, homosexuality or molestation. Not that far fetched is it?

*COUGH*

The topic is... oh you know what it is...

A homophobic and homosexual man claimed that allowing homosexual marriage will lead to legalizing child molestation.

WHAT?

WHY?

HOW?

Nobody has shown that, not even ol homosexual Pat has either.

As far as I am concerned, this thread is closed.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone here heard of marijuana is a catalyst for harder or stronger drugs? Same principle, if you condone one you condone them all. Why is that not a simple concept to most of yall? I am having the most difficult time understanding why this is not as plain as day. Have we been so brainwashed into thinking it is ok to do wrong that we cannot even see when something is wrong? If we are that clouded now who is to say that in the future people won’t be rationalizing other abominations such as bestiality, molestation and polygamy? I am not defending Pat Robertson personally, I do not like or dislike him but his statement although offensive is not that hard to imagine. I do not think this is a stab at homosexuals per say but the legalization of gay marriage will or could be a catalyst for future legalization of forms taboo love. That is all I have to say about that...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You know what would be a great kicker for this story? If Paterson himself were a Pedophile and Child Molester and the only reason he's shouting so loud about this is because he's a monster himself.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Anyone here heard of marijuana is a catalyst for harder or stronger drugs? Same principle,

Yes, that's because there is actually a link between smoking pot and trying harder drugs.

BUT when it comes to gay marriage causing legalized molestation no such thing has occurred in countries that have legalized gay marriage. Furthermore, though gays have been more steadily accepted in society, like many other minorities, pedophiles/pedophilia has not become more popular.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This is between consenting adults. How hard is that to understand?

How will this degenerate into marriage of 2 non consenting people?

Age of consent may change, but this one won't change.

This is between two consenting adults.... at ages as defined by law.

It's a separate issue.

Marriages between homosexual individuals will not cause legalization of child abuse.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Smart enough to split an atom,gaze into the depths of the universe... yet still dumb enough to not recognise the love between two peoples no matter what genitalia they have

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Solomons]

or age difference

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why is anyone paying Pat Robertson any attention? Seems to me, the best way to deal with people like him is to completely ignore them. He spews his rhetoric for notoriety and money, not for a religious cause. No offense OP, and nice thread, S&F.

TA

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join