It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote HOPE, not hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hello all,

I have just recieved a brochure through my door entitled "You wouldn't vote for these fascists" which sports an image of a man wearing a Fred Perry polo shirt whilst making a nazi gesture.

The objective of the brochure is an attempt to persuade people to not vote for the British National Party (BNP), whilst I do not personally support the BNP or any other particular political party, I'm a little concerned about the image said brochure is portraying.

Note: Whilst I do not support any particular political party, I do have an interest in politics and the best for our society

The message delivered from the brochure is very strong and questionable in nature; using sterotypical images, hate mongery and mention of the word fascist numerous amounts of times.

The point I'm trying to convey is that even though every individual has his own oppinion, isn't it wrong to try and convince or persaude people by the usage and references to the holocaust, slaughtered jews and KKK members?

If a brochure was delivered through my letter box stating all the atrocities that members of other various political parties or religious groups had committed then wouldn't the supporters of such groups feel slightly outraged?

As previously mentioned I have an interest in politics and the best for this country as a whole and I will admit that my knowledge of the BNP's practices and opinions isn't that great, so I could be proved wrong.

As a leading sports clothing manufacturer I'm pretty sure that Fred Perry aren't very happy that a person using their clothing is depicted on the front of a brochure displaying members of the BNP or neo nazi?

Whilst I'm not advocating the ill treatment of citizens from other countries, shouldn't our country favour its own? Shouldn't Britains who live in England have priority or preference?

I understand laws of equality but why should I have to pay for a prescription when illegal immigrants in this country get it for free?

Finally, the deliverance of this brochure in my opinion suggests that certain members of the government are worried about the BNP coming to power.

Your thoughts and opinions are welcomed

Links:

www.hopenothate.org.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17/5/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Many people who did vote hope now regret it

Phil Hope: How did he fit all this into one tiny flat?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
But back to your OP

Why do lots of people from politics to the media saying don't vote?
Not very often do they say don't do something.

What concerns me is that it seems reverse psychology, lying politicians telling us what not to do.

Especially when certain professions such as the Police cannot be members, if they are a legal party then why is this. This can't be any worse than Sinn Fein.

The main political parties are they telling us not to vote for the BNP instead of giving reasons not to vote.

The big problem is that there is little difference between the three main parties.

I have read the BNP website and the wikipedia article and I am very confused.They are described as right wing but they seem left wing.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 17/5/2009 by lightchild]

new topics

join