It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared of the dark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am!I am more scared of the dark than anything that might be revealed in the light!Perhaps that's why ancient civilizations worshiped the sun?The reason we are being kept in the dark is to change our thought process, it is not a punishment it is conditioning.Let me ask you this,would you consider anyone intent on keeping you in the dark your ally or enemy?If you understand what I'm talking about and agree then my question to you is,how do we fight this enemy?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ok, just tryin' to get on the same page here.

You are basically saying that being in the dark (night and day) is conditioning from an ancient civilization or some type of higher power?

First we would have to know who this "enemy" is, where "it" came from, and what "its" intentions are. Then we would be able to figure out a way to fight "it".

Some of the Inner Earth theories state that there is never darkness and that it is more like a tropical environment. Maybe once enlighnment was reached with the realizations (defeated) the darkness, then the ancients went here. If this theory is correct, then we need to do more research on the ancient civilizations and how they were able to defeat the darkness.

Just an idea

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well you CAN'T be afraid of the dark. Because there is no such thing as darkness. Only the absence of light. You can be afraid of whats lurking in the shadows.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
You can be afraid of whats lurking in the shadows.

Okay, now I'm a little creeped out. Thank you for that (lol).

But, I used to be unable to sleep in the dark. Light on somewhere. But, then later, I had to have total darkness. So, what changed? I have no idea. Darkness wasn't as scary as I used to think.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think your right in order to fight any enemy you must first identify that entity.I don't know if I'm capable of that on my own,I think think that first you have to define the meaning of life, Merriam Webster definition .1 a: the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body b: a principle or force that is considered to underlie the distinctive quality of animate beings c: an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction.Now I don't know what you would call the entity I'm talking about it's not just government or religion but a combination of those and others,I'll name it TePoTaBe.It has been alive forever and maybe in order to fight it we must first recognize it as a living thing?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I think that is an excellent way to look at it. You can't fight something that you know nothing about. So you have to start with the basics and go from there.

I think your on the right track!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by resident_fallout]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

I think what changed was your conscience. When you were young and more open minded you probably believed that some kind of ghost or demon was out to get you. And for some reason, you thought the light would protect you, i did to.
Now you probably dont believe anything will attack you and when you here a bump in the night, you think through it logically. Just a guess....

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I used to be afraid of the dark. I always thought aliens would get me hah. Now I know better, but there ARE things that lurk in the shadows.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
maybe I posted this in the wrong forum?should I have posted this in the scientific forum? Because I think I may be discovering or rediscovering an unknown life form.Maybe I should have posted in religion forum because having created this life form we are actually gods?I posted here because I believe I'm not the first to identify this life form ,I believe the ancients identified this life form and learned how defeat it.It is a parasitic life form with symbiotic (def;1. Biology A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.)relationship with humans.IMHO the only weakness this life form has is light(the light of truth and awareness)it can only thrive in the dark of ignorance.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think the darkness has a presence to it and I am not all that comfortable being on my own in the dark.

I've had to get used to it because I've spent so much of my life living alone but it takes quite a strong effort to cope.

I will not have cupboard or wardrobe doors open in the bedroom when I am sleeping and I never have my arms out from under the covers. A few years ago I was foolish enough to try to go to sleep with my arm flung over the edge of the bed and something squeezed my hand - now that wasn't a muscle spasm

I've suffered very badly from night terrors which, of course, happen when it's dark.

Recently I had a funny experience. I woke up just after 5am and was trying to get back to sleep. I was alone in the house, except for my dog, and I heard an awful moaning.

It was the same sort of noise as my housemate makes sometimes when he's having a disturbed sleep, but he was away that morning. So I hid myself further down under the covers and tried to tell myself it was daylight now, so the night-creatures couldn't hurt me. And I drifted off to sleep.

Later in the day, while I was in the garden I heard the same terrible moaning. Only this time, I knew what it was. In the field down the road was a bull who had been calling to the cows

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's a basic instinct to be afraid of the dark. It hides what we can't see.
Predators use the cover of darkness, which is why it would be natural for early man to be cautious and use fire to push the darkness back, and for this to be genetically inbuilt into you. It's a fear of the unknown

How do you fight the unknown? Surrender to it. Embrace it. Become the predator.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
bad things happen when there is darkness. I have learned that for some reason there is safety in light. I won't go into it more right now. maybe another time. but yes.. I guess you could say I am afraid of the dark, but that fear is based on experience.

top topics

join