It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle Royal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Everone ever heard of this underrated Japanese futuristic film, whuich has not been released in the U.S?

A small synopsis:

"At the dawn of the Millenium, the nation collapsed. At 15% unemployment, 10 million were out of work, 800,000 students boycotted school. The adults lost confidence, and fearing the youth, eventually passed the 'Millenium Educational Reform Act'...AKA: The BR Act."

Battle Royale, a film by the veteran Japanese director Kinji Fukasaku, tells the story of a dystopic future in which each year, a randomly-selected 9th grade class is kidnapped and sent to a deserted island where they are equipped with weapons and are forced to kill each other until one survivor is left. The movie, which premiered in Japan on December 16, 2000 amidst much controversy, is based on a bestselling novel by Koushun Takami.

I have this film on order right now. Basically, these kids are dropped off on an island, with various weapons, to hunt and kill each other. Some get machine guns, knives, and one just gets a saucer lid!

Can we say Survivor, Temptation Island, or High School Reunion?

Has anyone seen this film, and can post their comments about it?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is a brilliant film, Japanese-lord-of-the-flies-like-unltr violence with a message. I loved it.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Your talking about Battle Royal 2 i have got seen it it is alot better than the first i thought, especially the wedlock exploding necklaces.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Battle royale 2? I have to get a copy now. . . .

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Battle Royale 2 is pretty damn good in an Afghanistan-as-new-frontier, daffy politics, melodramatic deaths kinda way.

It's totally differant to the original though, don't be expecting 2 Battle 2 Royalest.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Battle Royal is fantastic, I watched it again last night for like the 100th time.

Can't wait to see the sequel, I hear it's very political and seeing as how it's from the East it should be fun.

top topics

join