It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cause of schizophrenia identified

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

You've got the right perspective. It is a biochemical imbalance by the time someone is symptomatic, but the question is, WHY?

It's a breakdown in the bodies ability to handle the excessive stress. It can be any traumatic experience, or just the long-term burden of many semi-severe stressful events.

I've learned that the experiences causing schizophrenia are likely events that happen WAY before the actual onset of illness. It's usually a slow derangement of mind, until it becomes undeniable by others and you end up on meds or worse.

I'm speaking mostly in terms of how to get your body on the right track to allow yourself healing physically. Then emotional, intellectual & spiritual healing can progress. All of these are needed if someone is to be fully integrated, but it must start with the bare essentials. You need to give your body what it needs.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Mental illness is real. It can be controlled, minimized, treated, diagnosed and often recovered from etc. Studies have shown through repeatable tests that it can also be induced.

I understand that it is real. I never said that it wasn't real. My point was that schizophrenics have spiritual problems. Whether they arrive at the problems via drugs, child abuse, or whatever, the point was that the illness has spiritual aspects that may be otherwise ignored. Marginalizing the spiritual aspects of schizophrenia isn't helping anyone. Notice that the Niacin cure for schizophrenia described in the video on this thread also involves psychotherapy. Finding ways of healing a person's spirit, not just body, is an essential part of the cure.

First hand, personal accounts by sufferers, friends and family might at least give you cause to alter your emphatic denial that it exists...

I happen to have two members of my immediate family with the disease. My comments indicate that I am aware that schizophrenia exists. If you reread my post then you may realize that I tried to explain that schizophrenics exhibit many of the same spiritual behaviors as many people on this site. People exhibiting the same behaviors on this site though are often judged credible. Why don't we then consider that schizophrenics are also credible? I would really appreciate the opportunity to study an academic source that compares the spiritual experiences that people involved in the occult have with the experiences that schizophrenics have.

Your response indicates that you may deny the notion that PhDs involved in the occult have anything in common with schizophrenics. You then deflected your own denial onto me. I suggest you consider my comments again. Consider that people involved in the occult, academic or otherwise, have some of the same spiritual experiences as schizophrenics.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by checkers]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by checkers

Hiya, I think we've read and responded to each other's posts without fully understanding them. I was applauding your earlier post and the way you backed up your point with ATS Threads was excellent. Although, impolite to say it at the time, I think a few members have the odd occasion to wonder about the functional sanity of some posts. My clumsy comparison to Dark Knight was because it's a great film that finished poorly.

I guess we diverge at this point...

Whose to say that the schizophrenics are the insane ones rather than the hundreds of holier than thou PHDs bowing down to Satan on this site? Let's talk about the conspiracy to distort the truth by saying that worshipping demons is a respectable thing to do but schizophrenics that hear voices are insane!

Again, I may misunderstand you here and the other post. Which Professors are bowing down to demons? It's a brand new concept to this thread that I haven't heard of before. If you have two close family members with schizophrenia, you'll notice that diagnosis is helpful but not wholly dependent. 'Insane' is too loaded a word, I'll say it becomes apparent to anyone close that 'all is not well' with the sufferer. Their behavior becomes at odds with the 'norm.'

Your response indicates that you may deny the notion that PhDs involved in the occult have anything in common with schizophrenics. You then deflected your own denial onto me. I suggest you consider my comments again. Consider that people involved in the occult, academic or otherwise, have some of the same spiritual experiences as schizophrenics.

I don't deny PhDs 'bowing down' to demons. I simply have no knowledge of it outside of HP Lovecraft. I doubt the notion and didn't deflect my denial onto you because you clearly stated that PhDs bow down to Satan. As far as I'm aware the notion belongs to you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have/had Schizophrenia.
I am legally disabled due to schizophrenia and live in subsidized housing.

It's great. I love it
*hugs*. (voices, visions, feelings, thoughts)
So much fun.
Yay :-)

Anyways my psychiatrist told me I am fine and so I don't have to take any meds anymore.
I have a wonderful girlfriend (who used to be clinically depressed) and we have happy, aware, loving, free lives.

I'm thinking of making a program to provide information to cure Schizophrenics by turning them into Enlightened beings -- though this is for the spiritual flavours of schizophrenia.

So a quick Free Info Guide:

What is crazy?
I was involuntarily held by a mental institution, so I read the form they gave me which had the terms of my confinement.
There are only two conditions in which a person can be confined in a mental institution
1. if they are a potential serious physical harm to themselves
2. if they are a potential serious physical harm to others

How to stay out of the mental institution?
So obviously one simply needs to invert the requirements.
1. Be safe and calm with yourself
2. Be safe and calm with others

Though there are several additional things:
3. Be short and concise with statements (especially when dealing with staff or psychiatrists)
4. Be pleasant and courteous to all.
5. Don't wait, meditate

How to stay safe and calm?
Meditation! It keeps you relaxed and calm with a clear mind.

How to meditate?
There are many ways:
0. slow deep breathing (preferably through nose)
1. watching the breath (in and out)
2. counting the breath
3. mantra (repeating phrase)
4. metta (repeating happy, aware, loving, free thoughts and phrases)
(love peace happy, happy harmony sweet, love licorice dandelions, nature songbird brook)

that should be enough to start you off for now.

:-)

creative positive enlightenment.

Also recall that a psychiatrist is a person that is trained to prescribe medication.
They are still a person and so should be treated with courtesy and respect.
Allow them to fulfill their job of labeling you with a word correlated to mental state and writing down a word correlated to pharmaceuticals.
Short concise replies are best.
Meditate thoroughly before your appointment.
When you are waiting you can meditate.
If someone asks you what you are doing. You can tell them you are meditating. You can go back to meditating after.
Remember to act pleasant calm and safe at all times.
Also be docile/compliant doing as instructed.

Some sample questions with answers:
How are you doing?
Better (nod, light smile)
How do you feel?
Happy (big smile)
Why are you here?
Tell me, please. (innocent, inquisitive expression)

Let the staff or psychiatrist do most of the talking.

I have been involuntarily detained twice. The first time, when I was asked the why question I gave an explanation (that I made up), so they held me an extra day. The second time I was detained I and they asked me why, I asked them to tell me, and I was released as soon as they were legally able.

Remember that we with you love you.
Tribes have shamans, cities call them schizophrenics.

Whatever else there is you'd like me to address please feel free.
One of my life missions is to bring to world into union, where we can all live, do and be as we wish.

Ask a question and we with you can answer it. :-)

[edit on 19-5-2009 by lowki]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Kinda nice to know S&F. The psychiatrists must have been scratching their heads over this one
"So you mean running high-voltage through the brain is not the answer?"
This will be suppressed though schizophrenia is like a gold mine for psychiatrists years of medication that only makes them stable for a short time then they get worse then when they become too out of hand they are shiped to the mental hospital. At that point the psychiatrist makes even more money for charging for the bed, treatment, medication and electric bill.
I hope this cure comes through but the American Psyciatric Asssociation does not like cures they want money for long term treatment. I would advise people that are interested to follow this one and see what comes of it.
In Soviet Russia the Psychiatrists were used to "treat" enemies of the state. In america they are used to "help". Im not sure which one is worse.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

That's an optimistic post
It can also read two ways....the responses to Doctors can be seen as reassuring or dishonest. Some clinical in-patients become adept at telling physicians what they want to hear. This sidesteps the opportunities for treatment available. There are more functioning schizophrenics in the community than as in-patients so not all Doctors and Institutions are the enemy. I can add a link later if evidence of this is required.

Medication/ treatment often leads to normal lives. Over-confidence and quitting treatment/ meds often sees a spiral down into chaotic lives and decisions, lost jobs, homelessness. The correlation between treatment and absence of treatment is fairly clear and demonstrable.

The comment that 'schizophrenics are modern day shaman' is slightly concerning as it implies some superior spirituality is part of schizophrenia. This is often the case in the experience of those in the midst of an episode. From the observer's POV, superior spiritual insight is not the first thing that comes to mind. Schizophrenia and any other mental condition shouldn't be ascribed heightened or superior values.

I honestly hope that little of this applies to you and you are on the way to recovery and a life as functional as any of us. Take care

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ye i think this is true information

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think the author of Above top secret said it best.
"As we all know the evidence has continued to show that this drugging is not only not solving a problem it is creating a much more massive and even violent problem in its wake"- Jim Marrs on mental health

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by lowki

That's an optimistic post
It can also read two ways....the responses to Doctors can be seen as reassuring or dishonest. Some clinical in-patients become adept at telling physicians what they want to hear.

Then they get to become out-patients.

This sidesteps the opportunities for treatment available.

Hospitals usually only offer two opportunities surgical and pharmaceutical.
Mainly physical treatments to mental confusions.

Many more different options are available in the public world -- and that of the internet.
Where belief systems are available.

There are more functioning schizophrenics in the community than as in-patients so not all Doctors and Institutions are the enemy. I can add a link later if evidence of this is required.

Schizophrenia is the label associated with the highest number of inpatients of all other labels used by psychiatrists.

Medication/ treatment often leads to normal lives. Over-confidence and quitting treatment/ meds often sees a spiral down into chaotic lives and decisions, lost jobs, homelessness. The correlation between treatment and absence of treatment is fairly clear and demonstrable.

These physical treatments are akin to binding or amputation. Typically the most-successful medical treatments disable the meso-limbic system in the brain which allows for feeling of reward.

This can be explained as various spirits or other entities that interact with the person can no longer push their happy button to continue the motivation for communication.
However just as any organ, it depends on how it is used.
If they talk to people/spirits that are of harmful natures than that will reflect in them.
If on the other hand they raise their vibrations (as per string theory) to a level of happiness, and loving kindness, then the people and spirits around them will reflect it.

The comment that 'schizophrenics are modern day shaman' is slightly concerning as it implies some superior spirituality is part of schizophrenia.

There are many varieties of schizophrenia. Some are spiritual and indeed in a tribal or historic society would be affiliated with priests/monks/shamans.

This is often the case in the experience of those in the midst of an episode.
From the observer's POV, superior spiritual insight is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Well a scientific POV seeks a scientific explanation, and so of course it would be the first thing to come to mind.

Schizophrenia and any other mental condition shouldn't be ascribed heightened or superior values.

Most if not all schizophrenics could simply be seen as an exaggeration of society and the circumstances they experience.
Their values are typically those which are projected onto them by society.

If a person is acting or thinking a certain way, they are typically doing it by example (news, movies, media, social-relations).

I honestly hope that little of this applies to you
and you are on the way to recovery

What is there to cover (again)?

Though I must admit I have grown having been given the opportunity to read new-age and spiritual books,
and alien channellings by Arcturians which come from a peaceful and loving society.

It was after reading these Arcturian channeling book "We the Arcturians" that I truely understood that it was possible and even preferable to be happy, aware, loving and free.

and a life as functional as any of us. Take care

Everyone and everything is functional and serves a function.

:-)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hi, I have had Schizophrenia since 2002. I was pretty much homeless and not eating for days living on the streets by choice as I did not want to work anymore. I was burnt out and it was my blissful eternal vacation. Somehow I survived. I am now on Zyprexa and it has made me keep a job and stay stable plus now I eat everyday. My real theory is that I got lazy, had no money therefore no food and therefore starved my mind of its essential nutients.
I have acted foolish and it was all my fault and came back on me. I am a product of my own decisions. Now I am a productive member of society. The Zyprexa just makes me sleep and eat a lot. The things I never did on the street. I don't do drugs although I have been accused of it when I don't take my meds. Some meds are made from animal protiens.
Now that i have a job I eat a lot of meat and i am sure that I get my protiens from that.
It's just physics to me.
I'm intelligent, but it has been by complaciency that attacked me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Psychiatry practices pseudoscience.

They were in on Eugenics and Racial Cleansing.

They are just a control operation. In the old days they used torture or mass murder. Now they use drugs.

All the brain research is for the purpose of justifying the continued use of drugs on mental patients.

"Mental illness" is not a product of brain chemistry. It is a PR campaign.

There are alternatives to psychiatric treatments. Get informed!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

It is good to see that someone else on ATS is educated on this thing of ours. Psychiatry is and always has been a method of controlling and brainwashing people. Mental Health is the only branch of medicine i know of that is NOT trying to come up with a cure for anything.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bradleyjdiaz
Hi, I have had Schizophrenia since 2002. I was pretty much homeless and not eating for days living on the streets by choice as I did not want to work anymore.

Don't they have welfare in your country?

I was burnt out and it was my blissful eternal vacation.

Yea, I love life, it's a vacation.
Though I cast lots of magick spells before I got to free living.

Somehow I survived. I am now on Zyprexa and it has made me keep a job and stay stable plus now I eat everyday. My real theory is that I got lazy, had no money therefore no food and therefore starved my mind of its essential nutients.

It is important to eat healthy raw salad every day (lettuce, spinach, parsley, dill) can add tomato for flavouring.
I also eat potatoes and beans.
That sums up my healthy diet.

The Zyprexa just makes me sleep and eat a lot.

Yea one of those psychiatrists put me on zyprexa since they were giving him free samples.
I slept more than 18 hours a day and ate in the short time I was awake, followed by more sleeping.
At my next appointment I had to do aerobic excersize to stay awake, so the man said I needed to go the mental institution. At the mental institution they told me I was fine and should stop taking meds.
In clinical trials the vast majority of people that use Zyprex gain a significant amount of weight.

Anyways later a different psychiatrist prescribed me Risperidone, which actually has much fewer side effects.

Now that i have a job I eat a lot of meat and i am sure that I get my protiens from that.

sure...

It's just physics to me.

Are you implying that a change of diet is what made you healthy?
If so, then I agree with you.
As soon as I switched to a healthy diet (though vegetarian) I got much better and clearer minded.

I'm intelligent, but it has been by complaciency that attacked me.

that's a bit of an oxymoron.
people that are violent get attacked.
complacent people that are calm and relaxed have peaceful times.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by lowki]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

yes as always they not gonna do anything about it or its gonna be available in 2098 they are in business for health their in business to keep us medicated not cured
for real solution different for different people see mercola.com or curezone .com
bipolar is mostly heavy metal poisoning with mercury in dental amalgams vaccination etc or lead from everything

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
OP
Old news, below is an abstract of a study from the earliest days of our century dealing with the same things. I myself have a schizo-type disease, therefore I tend to pick up these news. What's known, is that the disease is connected to a malfunction in the Limbic system which frekks up with the production and distribution of dopamin and to some extent serotonin. It may be genetically inherited, or one could, like me, take a decade's trip on meth and acid and there you go. But later research show that it's not dopamine which is the source, the reason behind the bizarre distribution of these signal compounds, lie higher up a chain of causes and effects. Lilly a manufacorer of drugs have announced a drug that works more indirectly towards dopamin, but at the same time eliminates any blackmarket drugs narcotic effects. I'd prefer the cheap synonymous drug released ten years later without this latter compounds within it. Until then I'll live with my current medication.

content.karger.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Juror blogs about convicting Crestview, FL schizophrenic:
Blog

Northwest Florida Daily News

The prosecutor, Mr. Elmore:

"It was a very difficult insanity case because Mr. Kennedy was clearly mentally ill," Elmore said.

Apparently the defendent was on and off psychotic drugs prior to the incident which may raise questions about the implication of psychiatric drugs in criminal cases.

Do you believe that the man was guilty?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Infact, nearly all the cases where insanity is pledged in a case of violence the patient became psychotic after having quit prescribed psychopharma or similar mind altering drugs, often targetting dopamine and serotonin receptors. Many of these drugs have terribble side effects, and many patients feel limited or even tormented by such drugs.

IMO society should focus more on traditional and modern psycho therapy instead of buying the problems off with drugs, for it creates a threat to our general safety. We should persue a reality where psychologists treat patients through figuring out what made the patient ill in the first place. Instead of focusing on mind and life altering drugs, which makes the patient dependant and a potentionally dangerouse individual. The use of force minimise the dangers, but is inhumane and often worse than prison and can only be likened to things you'd see in POW camps with patients subject to humiliation, pharmaceutical poisoning, violence, being reduced to a lawless, unhuman alien, locked up with no or little freedom whatsoever. It's a shame that we write 2009 and it's still like this all over most of the world.

[edit on 14/6/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join