It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On Iran: All Options On Table

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
But maybe, just maybe, the guys in Washington actually know more about what's going on with Iran than all of us do and maybe we should assume that keeping all options on the table is the best thing for right now?

Does it really matter if it sounds like the previous administration? Perhaps Obama is doing what he believes is best for the country's survival right now. Geez, did I just say that? I'll go wash my mouth out with soap now...

Granted...of course there are things they know about which we don't ( I would hope) but one has to wonder, based on past performance, exactly WHOSE interests are they really looking out for? Yours and mine as Americans? Very soon, the LAST thing that will be on the minds of American citizens is "what are we gonna do about Iran or Pakistan? There is a storm coming to a theater near you, the likes of which none of us have ever even heard of before....and their (TPTB) only option to keep us from stringing them from the highest tree will be to misdirect our attention towards a global war....count on it!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't think we should be aligning ourselves with Israel, as they are the butchers of the Palestinian people, and hated (probably more than us) by everybody. If Israel attacks Iran, it will be World War 3, and Obama should realize that.

Iran has always said that it is developing nuclear technology for peaceful purposes, which we don't have good reason to disbelieve. Just because Israel feels threatened by Iran is not a good reason for the US to threaten and sanction Iran.

If we want to improve relations with Iran, we should stop threatening them, and ask to inspect their nuclear facilities to see if there is actually evidence that they are developing nuclear weapons.

I fear that Iran will become the quagmire that Iraq was and is, that we will invade them based on so-called "faulty intelligence"-bologna in other words. That will be an excuse for a pre-emptive war, just like Iraq, which will go on forever and embroil the entire middle east in war, and eventually involve Iran's allies, the so-called "axis of evil"-China and Russia.

Don't be stupid Obama. Don't mess with Iran!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join