It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On Iran: All Options On Table

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Obama On Iran: All Options On Table

www.ynetnews.com

Ahead of Netanyahu's visit, US president tells Newsweek 'we want to offer Iran an opportunity to align itself with international norms and international rules,' but stresses he is 'not naïve about the difficulties of such a process.' On possibility of unilateral Israeli strike: I understand very clearly that Israel considers Iran an existential threat.

"I've been very clear that I don't take any options off the table with respect to Iran. I don't take options off the table when it comes to US...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Havent we heard these word before --- "Change" ???

I think "change" would sound like this:

" We are willing to open dialogue with Iran, like we already have done. Using our military might to find peaceful solutions is not our option. We dont force anyone to table, but we will welcome them... Iranian government has shown good signs from new cooperation - and I think this proggress will help also Israel in near future."

- You agree?

US is supporting war, and soon going to war...

Washington threatens to evacuate three US bases over Qatar's pro-Iran policy

Our Washington sources report that the Obama administration is determined to strip Tehran of its regional support and so weakening its bargaining position in their forthcoming diplomatic talks.

www.debka.com...

Obama says Iran war not off the table
www.presstv.ir...

The U.S. to Raise Military Aid to Israel
www.alternativenews.org...

Obama: Iran existential threat to Israel
www.jpost.com...

And the latest news gives signs that other side is getting ready to disasters ahead:

Saudi Shias declare independence
www.presstv.ir...

- USAs peace loving citizens... "Kick that damn liar out from White House!"

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is this the same guy that was in the primaries and debated??

There is no change at all, well perhaps one. When Bush was sticking it to the nation most of us were aware of it, now most people are in some charismatic fog and think this is change.

We are nothing but the puppets of the Israeli government and the POTUS is a figurehead, period. I don't care who is in there nothing changes at all, oh on the surface maybe but after the term is over same thing.

I was so hopeful when he threw around wonderful ideas like actually talking to those we are not in agreement with rather than threats of force and the usual. How freaking sad, and how freaking sneaky and evil this whole thing is. The royal set up of the American people. I swear they made McCain pick the pretty bimbo so this guy would get the WH!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yay!! Another war is headed our way!!

Like we really need another one on our hands.
What ever happened to minding our own business? Can we go back to that now? I don't think we as a country are going to be able to survive much more of this "change".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So much BS and double standards that it's not funny anymore, just listen to what he said:

Give Iran opportunity to align itself with international norms and international rules

Oh puhleazz!

Isn't that what he should be doing?? to bring in justice and start to prosecute several people of the former administration for torture and war crimes against the humanity & violations of the Charter of the United Nations according to:

International norms and international rules

like the Geneva Convention & Charter of the United Nations ?

Seriously! - Politicians!

Do they really think that all people around the world are that stupid!?

And the farce with Iran goes on and on and on and on and on and on!

Nooo! the world must set an example and seriously do something about these war-mongers who call themselves politicians in every country!

www.washingtonpost.com...

They should serve us the people and not some corporated international agenda for the corporations!

So before he opens his mouth to speak again! - maybe we should give him, an opportunity to align himself with international norms and international rules instead of the BS that is coming out now from his mouth?

Sooo! just say NO! to bomb small children everywhere, even if this is Iran we are talking about!

No more frikkin' bombs raining down on children!!!

Make Love! Not War!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Another cause for deep concerned breath from Debka...

The visiting Israeli premier might get away with much more than he expected because of a crop of headaches besetting the White House:

1. DEBKAfile's Iranian sources report that circles in the US administration have begun to entertain serious doubts about the wisdom of entering into negotiations with Iran after its government deceived the secret US envoys acting for the release of US journalist Roxana Saberi.

2. A sense of foreboding clouds Washington's hopes for Lebanon's June 7 election and nothing good is expected from Iran's presidential vote on June 12.

3. If direct US-Iranian diplomacy fails to deter Tehran from uranium enrichment, the US cannot fall back on sanctions tough enough to stifle the regime economically and strategically, because Russia, China and Berlin will not play ball. Obama will be left with only one trump card, a military option whether American or Israeli.

4. US administration strategists are also disenchanted by the Turkish-Syrian axis they promoted. Turkish prime minister Tayyip Recep Erdogan and Assad are happy to team up – but not in the US interest in Iraq or any other Middle East arena. Quite the opposite: Assad has ordered his security agencies to open the door to Iraq for more al Qaeda suicides – now increased from a handful before to between 20 and 30 a month.

www.debka.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Consider this: Israel is behind the call to end Irans Nuclear program. The leader of Israel is visiting Obama this weekend for talks on the mid east. If Obama leaves the door open for all possibilities on Iran, then it gives him a better bargaining position regarding his Two State solution to the issue of Palestine. Obama has made it clear that Israel must end the illegal occupation and illegal settlement construction. Perhaps he is being smart to use Iran as a bargaining chip when Israel is the one so concerned about Iran.

The US is Obligated by International Law to assist Iran with its nuclear energy program, as Iran has signed the Nuclear Non proliferation treaty, unlike Israel. It could be that after his meeting with Israeli leaders is concluded, he will soften his position and rule out military options in Iran, as he indicated earlier. Politics is a strange game and sometimes requires strategic positioning in order to bargain in the desired direction.

There is a great deal of pressure on Israel to end their racist system of Apartheid in Palestine, and move forward with the Two State solution. Iran is something of great concern for Israel, even though all US intelligence agencies have indicated that Iran does not have, and is not capable of producing, Weapons Grade Material. Obama can use the carrot of ending the perceived Iranian threat to Isreal, in order to win progress on a solution to the Palestinian state.

Ending the forced occupation of the Palestinian people and allowing them to form their own sovereign state, would go a long way towards stabilizing the Mid East. Iran is not the destabilizing factor and Obama knows this. He also knows that the US does not need another pointless war in the region.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i think that Obama knows full well how far our military is stretched right now and knows that ANOTHER war on top of everything else is not a good move. i mean come on...a lot of active units on 1 year in theater, on year dwell time rotations gets hard, plus the fact that its already augmented with national guard units. we are overstretched as it is. i dont see why we have to be the ones to police the world.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Israel war on Iran compromises US security: Think tank

An Israeli military move on Iran will make the United States a proxy target for Arab and Iranian anger, says a Washington think tank.

The Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) in Washington in its latest assessment of possible options for dealing with the "Iranian challenge" said the United States has good reasons to oppose an Israeli strike on Iran.

According to the CSIS report, while Washington still believes that "a mix of diplomacy, incentives and disincentives" may resolve Iran's long-standing nuclear issue, administration officials doubt that a preventive strike -- particularly an Israeli strike -- would work.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ah, this is more of the same from Obama.

Nothing different as a Senator than as President. The proof is the votes. If you look at his Senate record, anything that could give us a clear picture on his views, he voted present or didn't participate at all.

This is more of the same, he doesn't offer a solution, he puts other countries in charge of making decisions, to which he will take the road most walked to find a solution.

More arm flailing. We see Israel say they are ready for peace with Palestine days before coming to Washington, and then today we see Obama sayin the same about Iran.

It's just what everybody wants to hear, but I bet you some harsh words and evil plans will be made behind the doors of the Oval Office on this week.

Really, Obama has done nothing, nothing in first 100 days other than flail his arms and give warm speeches to calm the masses. It will simply continue this way until his "test" comes along.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yah, what about this?

"Renewal" my fanny.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
More of this war mongering BS from today...

Netanyahu to tell Obama: Time 'running out' on Iran

WASHINGTON - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will use his meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday to stress that "time is running out" for stopping Iran's nuclear program, so Obama must not spend more than a few months on his planned dialogue with Tehran unless real progress is achieved.

If progress is not achieved within a few months, the United States must move quickly to more aggressive measures against Iran, Netanyahu will say.

www.haaretz.com...

- How about aggressive measures against Israeli nukes, anyone? Thats called balance between issues...

Obama: I can't tell Israel not to fear Iran

United States President Barack Obama has said he cannot tell Israel not to fear Iran's nuclear ambitions, in comments published Saturday ahead of a meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

www.haaretz.com...

Netanyahu to focus on Iran with Obama, adviser says
www.jpost.com...

- Fear mongering in Israeli media... ( no breaks )

Iran to mass produce long-range missiles

Iran is in the midst of a multi-year plan that it hopes will culminate in the production of several hundred missile launchers and over 1,000 long-range ballistic missiles within the next six years, according to estimates in the Israeli defense establishment.

www.jpost.com...

- And the joke!

Mitchell associate: Obama won't rush to press Bibi

Close associate of Special Mideast Envoy Mitchell conveys reassuring message ahead of Netanyahu-Obama meeting; former Deputy National Security Advisor Abrams: First few minutes will determine chemistry between Israeli, US leaders

www.ynetnews.com...

- Obama wont press Bibi? What a suprise... "Chemistry" ??? HOW DAMN STUPID MEDIA KEEPS US?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Washington infighting mutes Netanyahu-Obama differences

In less than a month, aides in Washington and Jerusalem have transmuted the head-on clash forecast for the first meeting between Binyamin Netanyahu has Israel's prime minister and US president Barack Obama Monday, May 18, into a warm, amicable encounter, DEBKAfile's political analysts say.

www.debka.com...

"USRAEL IS HERE TO STAY!"
Aipac.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
He must keep war on the table...those are his orders...the PTB's grip on global control is slipping...they know it and it scares them to hell.....as more and more of the world's citizenry wake up to their game, they're unplugging from the matrix...and sapping the PTB's power...their last ditch plan calls for global war, just like last time....I sure hope it fails this time...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Another angle to the story:

Back in early May, Japan's foreign minister went to Iran (Japan and Iran have normal relations). While there, he lodged a diplomatic complaint with his counterpart on the subject of Roxana Saberi's appeal - and got assurances that the appeal would be transparent. A lot of people were questioning the motive of that move, which seemed to be based solely on the fact that the reporter has a Japanese mother. Regardless, assurances were given, and a few days later she won her appeal. I'm not suggesting that the appeal was granted solely on the basis of the Japanese intervention, but that diplomatic intervention is certainly part of the overall picture.

Source here.

Today's news:

U.S. tried to prevent Nakasone's Iran visit
Kyodo News

The U.S. government asked Japan to suspend Foreign Minister Hirofumi Nakasone's recent trip to Iran due to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's remarks on Israel, informed sources said Sunday.

Despite the request, Nakasone met Ahmadinejad in Tehran on May 2 and called on the Iranian leader to give humanitarian consideration to the case of an American journalist of Japanese descent then being detained in Iran for espionage.

source here

It seems that all options are indeed on the table - but unfortunately, they're the same options that were there before. They don't include diplomacy, even diplomacy via allied nations.

Same old, same old.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I surely do hope that it does fail. We don't need another world war, but the way everyone seems to be choosing sides lately has me kinda stressin over it...I mean when i finally finish this tour in Iraq, I want nothing more than just to settle in with my family for a while...rather than worry about iran and north korea and nukes and whatnot.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Yup, those of us who have been there and done that want nothing more than to get back to those we love, unplug from the world and let God sort it out..I truly hope you have that option someday soon

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The same agenda word for word... its really amazing. How is this not proof that both parties have the same agenda. The US and UK are both struggling to get grasp of their party systems and keep their politicians in check. At least in the UK they have more than two parties, what a joke the whole system is.

All options on the table... what this means is war WILL come unless their is a REAL third party introduced to the US that can end this BS plague that has infected our nation.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Really, Obama has done nothing, nothing in first 100 days other than flail his arms and give warm speeches to calm the masses. It will simply continue this way until his "test" comes along.

~Keeper

Pop quiz!

Who was the greatest American president other than the usual Washington and Lincoln?

How about Franklin Roosevelt?

During the biggest financial crisis this country has ever faced in its history, Roosevelt did nothing in his first 100 days in office, except make speeches, and prepare his social programs. It took a couple of years before these programs actually started up. Took nearly the entire decade before there were any results that were actually apparent.

Well, Obama has only been office for....what?.....5 months now? Do you REALLY expect there to be ANY changes in 5 months in order to undo the crap brought on this country over the past 8 YEARS? Gimme a break here, huh? Or rather, give the prez a break here. He is no miracle worker, after all. He is only human, not God or Jesus lol.

As Terapim has already basically stated, Obama is leaving ALL options over Iran on the table to give him some bargaining chips here. Just because he did not officially take the use of armed forces against Iran "off the table" does not mean that we are automatically going to war. Indeed, I believe it is highly unlikely we will ever do so, especially with how thinly spread we are.

Now, if Ahmadinajad were to do something stupid and begin massing his troops on his borders, of course we are obligated to step in, and possibly go to war. After all, if there is 1 lesson we are to take from the 20th century whatsoever, is that appeasement DOES NOT WORK. Look at World War 2. Then look at the difference between the allies appeasing Hitler, and the US standing up to Soviet Russia between 1945 and 1991. The difference? Hitler became a spoiled brat, who thought everyone would just sit back and let him have at it. The Soviets were kept in check over the policy of MAD.

Now, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Iran is, indeed, a threat, that is quite dangerous. In fact, all powers are dangerous, including the US, UK, Canada, China, Russia, Japan, etc, etc, etc..... But none of those countries are going around vowing the extinction of a race of people from the earth, at the same time as trying to get their hands on nuclear material.

I think I will wrap this post up with a famous quote from Burke:

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing ."

How absolutely true that statement is, especially in our times today.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to say this again and again and again if I have to, and far be it for me to actually sound like I'm supporting Obama, because I don't. But maybe, just maybe, the guys in Washington actually know more about what's going on with Iran than all of us do and maybe we should assume that keeping all options on the table is the best thing for right now?

Does it really matter if it sounds like the previous administration? Perhaps Obama is doing what he believes is best for the country's survival right now. Geez, did I just say that? I'll go wash my mouth out with soap now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join