It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensional Portals Opening? Vegetarians Disappearing After Hearing Voices? Are You Hearing Voices?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have also heard my name yelled at me in a very close, clear voice. It was strange because the voice sounded just like my mom that was not with me at the time. I had to call her afterwards just to be sure that she was ok. I have also had what I call an "aport". This happened when I was lying in bed one night and it sounded like a gun was shot off right beside my ear. The only thing was that I don't think I heard it with my physical ears it was like I heard it in my mind and the sound was so loud that it kept echoing in my head. My husband never even flinched so I know that I was the only one who heard it.

I have also heard singing late at night that sounds like a large beautiful choir singing. I asked if my husband if heard the singing and he said no.

Also, My mom has had the same experiences but she has oftenly experiences a white bubble that comes towards her face at night while she is wide awake in bed that comes right to her face and pops and makes a distinctive pop sound. This bubble has caused her to actually flinch and try to dodge it. I have no idea what this could be?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was wondering why I've been craving beef lately.

This explains a lot.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was amazed to find this thread, because I thought that this strange "hearing" was a phenomenon unique to my husband and me. We have never experienced it at the same time, nor when we were together in the same room. We are not vegetarians, and we never have been.

As for me, I've noticeably "heard" these unintelligible voiices for at least the past 10 years, always at home, and most recently one night last week when I "heard" what sounded like one adult male voice and one adult female voice alternating as though in a conversation. I've also "heard" what sounded like a group of people speaking quietly just outside my closed office door--sort of like a cocktail party--when I was home alone with no TV or radio on. (I was living on a dead-end street with only 2 houses, mine and my neighbors', which was about 1/4 mile away.) I have never thought to attribute what I've "heard" to my diet, but rather to my chemical imbalance, both untreated and treated, but my husband isn't aware that he has any such imbalance. I can never make out what is being said, no matter how I strain my ears to listen.

The "speaking" is not inside my head, of that I'm sure, but it always sounds as if it's close by.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I find it suspicious because people want to belong to something. As such people will make up things to be a part of that circle. Are some people legitimately hearing voices? Maybe but are all of the people in this thread? I doubt it. (I cannot comment on your experiences and i won't) It's called mass hysteria. Someone puts an idea out there and others misinterpret clearly ordinary events because of the original idea.

I dont want to belong to anything actually. I havent made anything up and I dont think many posters have either. I have never told people this stuff really until I saw this post. I thought this would be a great place to discuss these experiences. If you arent having these experiences it will be very hard for you to understand what we are talking about. You can dismiss it as hysteria but that's your opinion but for people who are experiencing this it's very real....and quite annoying might I add. Thanks for the reply, have a good one.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by jtma508

Well I am not vegan so that shot your theory out of the water. Sorry... I eat meat like chicken and fish. I do eat red meat and pork but not often. I just dont really care for it. I have heard these voices most my life while going to sleep and when I was little I ate more red meat than anything.

I have had the same experience. Almost every night while laying in bed I would
hear a voice call my name. Sometimes it was female, sometimes male. Sometimes it would shout.

It has been at least 12 years since I've experienced this. But lately I have experienced another phenomena, I started a thread about it. I hear mumbled
conversations when an A/C unit is on, whether it be central air or a window
unit.

And I was vegan for a few years about 5 years ago and more recently for about 7 months but I haven't heard anything lately.

[EDIT] for missing indefinite article

[edit on 19-5-2009 by holyTerror]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I basically woke up with my blankets and everything on the floor at the end of my bed as if I was pulled right off.

Wow...things happen. A few years ago a very close friend of mine had passed away and I was about a low and depressed as one could get. I took a nap one afternoon and remember when I woke up being dropped. I was lying on my stomach and remember clearly being dropped to the sofa a good 3 inches. Man I sure wish I knew what that was all about and it still puzzles me to this day.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

I basically woke up with my blankets and everything on the floor at the end of my bed as if I was pulled right off.

Wow...things happen. A few years ago a very close friend of mine had passed away and I was about a low and depressed as one could get. I took a nap one afternoon and remember when I woke up being dropped. I was lying on my stomach and remember clearly being dropped to the sofa a good 3 inches. Man I sure wish I knew what that was all about and it still puzzles me to this day.

Ever heard of Astral Traveling or Astral Projection? I've done that my entire life from as early back as I can remember. If you focus on recalling where you go and what happens when this happens, it can be very telling. Do a search about it to gain more insight. You'll learn a lot and maybe answer other questions while expanding your own consciousness. Best of luck!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

We are all energy correct?

Anyhow when an animal is killed or suffers the energy is imprinted on the meat, flesh or body of the animal, kind of like a magnetic tape recorder, when you ingest the meat you or your bodies' energy field gets a strong dose of the pain, suffering and whatever was recorded on the flesh.

You're so right. I remember talking to a meat processor years ago (1960's), he was telling me that when they slaughtered cattle they would stand in front of the steer, use a sledge hammer to whack it, the steer would see this coming, get an adrenalin rush into it's system before death. They claimed this made the meat more tender. Evidently the Fear Factor played a role here. Absorbing energies is a real thing, enter a quiet room with a bunch of pissed off people and you can sense it's a place you'd like not be.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I forget the name now, but there's a well documented phenomenon where people start composing in their head music and conversations as interpretations of random noise. It's been lab tested many times and the results are interesting. Sort of like an auditory Rorschach blot. You fill in your own story.

I stayed in someone's home for a month once. When taking a bath or something in their bathroom I'd always hear the most intriguing rock music. New compositions that were very sophisticated and compelling.

Turned out I was subliminally listening to an old fan that had gotten clogged with dust and was straining to turn. As soon as it was cleaned out the music stopped.

The power of suggestion and our abilities to fill in blanks in random sounds is amazing. What we supply is a reflection of what we are thinking about.

Maybe not the answer for a lot of unusual things, but something to be aware of.

Mike

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I was lying on my stomach and remember clearly being dropped to the sofa a good 3 inches. Man I sure wish I knew what that was all about and it still puzzles me to this day.

You were levitating. A guy told me last year now and then his wife will get of bed and walk across the floor 12 inches above the florr. She is half asleep and knows nothing is wrong until she goes to use the door, or he tells her.

Mind over matter.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

TY for going through the trouble of calling her for me! Very much appreciated. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fruits and veggies last night. I just need some interesting ways of preparing it all.

Also to add to the thread...my gf was reading this thread last night and came running into the bathroom where I was, asking me if i was calling her name out of the window. She thought I was messing with her and I tried telling her I wasn't and showed her that the window in the bathroom was closed but she still doesn't believe me. She is a very "sensitive" person and picks up on things from time to time. Just thought I would share.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesa2diffcolors
reply to post by Pamie

My understanding is that different foods resonate with there own frequency. Meat has a w vibratory frequency and fresh vegetables have a high frequency. It would make sence to

Yes, that is my understanding too. I think of it like a step up and step down process, light hits leaves and is processed into fruit, one step down. Fruit falls and is eaten by animal, into say a protein which end up in meat. We kill animal and eat the meat, three steps down, and then we extricate it and dour steps down, and then grass used that in the soil, 5 steps down, plus mingled with first step as well.

So basically along with nutrition we are also consuming different vibrational signatures. That is what I like to think of it anyways, no judgement, just where you choose to enter the vibrational tree at.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight grocery store and stocked up on fruits and veggies last night. I just need some interesting ways of preparing it all.

Blender, water, and throw in some figs. Make sure you got lots of greens in there.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLearner

Ever heard of Astral Traveling or Astral Projection? I've done that my entire life from as early back as I can remember. If you focus on recalling where you go and what happens when this happens, it can be very telling. Do a search about it to gain more insight. You'll learn a lot and maybe answer other questions while expanding your own consciousness. Best of luck!

Oh yeah, OBE's, know quite a bit about that, my Ex does that to me quite a lot as well as others. She OBE's from Michigan to Denver to check on her sister then calls her to tell her what's going on. I've tried to OBE not religiously but I can't get past the body vibration phase. My experience napping on the sofa wasn't Astral, it was physical, I literally physically bounced on that sofa. Last night while I was reading in bed I went into that mode again and the voice said "Volley" and I had this feeling it was someone playing tennis, I don't play tennis...lol All this is going to get interesting with the "Voice" phenomenon before it's done, we're going to catch up with these "Voices" sooner or later.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This sounds like what happens when you eat Datura. I mean wow, I'm just saying..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've been following the thread. I decided to throw my meager experiences in.

I've had the phenomenon of hearing my voice called quite clearly also. I guess you could say that I assumed I heard it or mistook some other kind of sound for my name being called but, one time (at band camp..hehe couldn't resist) I heard the very distinct voice of a friend I hadn't seen in years call my name. Another it was my mom's voice. She's not still alive and kicking too. But she lives miles from me and wasn't around at the time.

Lately, my experiences have been vibration of the couch and the bed. At both times, my boyfriend was laying/sitting right beside me and said he didn't feel a thing. I'm not talking about a slight vibration either. I mean that it felt as if there was an earthquake but it was quite apparent that it was limited only to the area I was occupying, i.e. the couch/bed shook only.

The last would be the lound bang sound everyone is talking about. Except it was against the wall right above my bed where my head is. I live on the second floor of an apartment building and that wall is not shared with anyone else in the building. It goes to the outside. It was extremely loud it jolted me badly and my boyfriend didn't hear a thing, didn't make a stir. He's as light a sleeper as I am. It sounded like a giant pounded his fist on the wall.

Kinda freaky...maybe these are all some other kind of phenomena??

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i'm a vegetarian, ive been one for about a year now, but i have not heard any voices. I had a dream of a goddess telling me to listen before. i wasn't sure what she meant until i read this forum. Maybe she was telling me to open my ears to listen to this voice. Another thought occured to me though. Does this only happen to older people(middle aged people?) because that is what it seems like, which is ok for my because i'm still fairly young. . . i hope.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This web site is weird! Not the people or posts, just the site. I've been trying to post for a while now under two different name or accounts and finally now.

Anyway, My experience wasn't like the original story, but weird too. I was sitting on the couch after being on the computer for a while and was about to take a quick "power nap" and heard someone talking. It was one of those things where you weren't really paying attention since I was by myself, but then I realized Hey I just heard someone talking. It was just like someone in the room with me. I wasn't really paying attention so I didn't understand what was said, but I got the feeling it was someone talking to someone else. Not at me. But I got up and checked the computer to see if it could have come from there. Nope, speakers were off. I looked outside and nothing again. I am mostly vegetarian. I eat a little chicken or fish and yes "older". I kind of thought maybe they had fired up HAARP or something, because that's the impression I got from it. Like two guys talking to each other in a control room or something. It was about two months ago and I haven't heard anything else since.

A few in here were talking about HAARP and frequencies. At that time this happened, I was also listening to Hemi-Sync "music". If you don't know what that is, it's "music" that is tuned to the Earth frequencies, about 8-12 hz basically. It has a lot of Earthy sounds like rain, animals or cosmic sounds. But anyway, maybe this phenomena might be attributed to the Earth's frequency changing or maybe the music doing its thing? Who knows.

But one other thing is I've "smelled" my dead relatives after they died too while just being here in the living room. (Not the smell of death, but each persons unique smell) I've talked to others about this and it seems to be common. I think maybe it's just them letting you know they're still around.

One thing for sure is there is something beyond "death". I don't think death exists unless that's what you want.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Interesting. When I was younger and worked in a machine shop, the noise of the machines together sounded like an Ozzie Osborn song. After hearing that all day every day , when I heard that Ozzy song I was so sick of it,lol

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think something is going on...I read all these posts and think of my experiences...It all seems like the veil between the worlds in very thin. I have heard this loud 'bang' at night, makes me jump straight out of bed. This has happened twice, I immediately go to check on my child...quiet. Everyone in the house is sleeping. Now that I read these posts I don't feel crazy after all.
I also have heard voices here and there thoughout the day, but I just ignore it. One day I did hear my name shouted in my basement, and I asked my husband what he wanted...he didn't reply. I came downstairs to find him asleep in the chair. ??? What is going on? This has never happened to me before. (Also not a vegetarian)

I also read a post about the Astral. I meditate and travel on the Astral plane, I'm not sure if it is connected or not. I will have to ask some of my friends and get back to you. Thanks for the post!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join