It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about being able to become a 'fan'/'follower' of users on ats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I just had a thought, how about the feature of becoming a fan/follower on someones profile page, it will list the people who click it, and the user get like 10 points for each person who becomes their fan.

Also with the added feature of geting sent U2U's of new threads they have made.

what do you think?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The friends list serves that purpose..and I don't care for points attached to my friends.
Don't see the need to clog up the u2u system with updates like that as the flood control is enough of a pain, and members complain when the u2u stays lit, or get Board announcements via u2u.
If members are truly your friends..you'll follow their threads/posts..no matter what.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Can be abused for organised stalking, lol.

Like all good ideas, can be used for bad things too.

Good idea if it would be kept for the only good, but i would not trust to have it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

If you think people are complaining now about certain "elites" on ATS just wait and see what happens if members start getting followers! It would not be good and there is no need for it IMO.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There's a similar system on Yahoo Answers and a similar split between 'believers' and 'skeptics.' The believers use it to keep tabs on skeptics and report them for T&C violations
Any member worth their salt on Y!A disables the 'friends' profile. Also, I once had a guy that followed me around the questions...creepy and weird!

On ATS, like Jkrog says, I expect some members would be tempted to follow others around looking for conflict and disagreement. I can think of a half dozen that regularly sail very close to the wind in the tone of their comments.

I only have a few friends on ATS and check their profiles from time to time to support their threads. Try it

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I just had a thought, how about the feature of becoming a fan/follower on someones profile page,

oohh no sounds too much like stalking to me. I do check friends pages but I wouldnt like to be seen as a fan/follower.
Different idea but if you really do like someones thread you can flag it, rather than stalk them lol

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We thank you for sharing your ideas with the intent of making ATS a better more user friendly place. The staff and owners do appreciate member feedback and have always considered your thoughts and wishes when making changes to the board. So thank you for caring so much about this community that you created this thread.

By keeping all member suggestions in one place it allows staff and owners the ability to quickly and thoroughly access all member recommendations when considering board changes. Otherwise many suggestions will be very difficult to locate considering the size of this board.

Understanding that we would appreciate it if you would add your thoughts/recommendations to the official thread dedicated to members suggestions for board change.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thanks for your contributions and understanding. I will now close this thread for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,
ATS Staff

>>Closing

new topics

top topics

join