It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Shias still 'discriminated against'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Saudi Shias still 'discriminated against'

www.presstv.ir

The Shia minority in Saudi Arabia has declared independence from the Kingdom, creating a country called the "The Republic of Eastern Arabia".

The newly founded nation, which has received little media coverage, is formed in the eastern areas of Qatif and Al-Hasa, a website close to leading Shi'a cleric Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Namr reported.

"The decision of the proclamation of the Republic was based on the demands of the people of the region," the website added, denying any foreign links
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
WOW! Breaking News indeed! - But like usual, its first out only in PressTV... Most fastest news service in Middle East.

- I didnt even know that there is push for "Two-State Solution" too - Shias apart means US is in real trouble - Look the map!

... It means that whole Persian Gulf is falling to Shia ruled regime... Huh! Very difficult to see this is true. What I see here is a political, and geopolitical base for total destabilisation of ME... If this map is base for Shia uprising in country - civil war will be bloody.

If Saudi-Arabia will broke to pieces - whats in front of whole ME?

I link this news to growing threat of Iran attack - if Iran is attacked - we will see Shias beginning to fight against US backed regime with political agenda.

But, news is out - lets digg in to this!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
That is a ton of land that they're taking from the Saudi Kingdom. If this is true, I don't see this ending without some sort of fight. Kings don't take kindly to losing land!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I see a swift and very violent end in that republics future.

I don't think the Saudi or the Yanks will allow this new state in the region. But since Shī‘ah Muslims constitute the majority of the populations in Iran, Azerbaijan, Bahrain and Iraq. I guess they will welcome this new kid on the block.

Will a violent end to this Shia republic be the trigger needed to start a war with Iran? We could always claim that Iran is supporting "The Republic of Eastern Arabia" with deliveries of Weapons of Mass Destruction...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Good on them, if true. They are opressed in the Sunni dominated Saudi kingdom and to be honest, the Shia tend to be the less fanatical of the two main Islamic Sects.

The Sunni Wahabbi's are the one's causing the most trouble, the same brand supported by the Saudi kingdom itself. The Saudis financially support Wahhabi groups around the world, while pretending to be the friend of the west.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

Very good point...

Warmongering against Iran need new proofs - this can be "false flag" in new front - Not only Hezbollah, Syria, and Iraq - bu our dear comrades, in Saudi Arabia too!

This can grow to big news.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Good on them, if true. They are opressed in the Sunni dominated Saudi kingdom and to be honest, the Shia tend to be the less fanatical of the two main Islamic Sects.

The Sunni Wahabbi's are the one's causing the most trouble, the same brand supported by the Saudi kingdom itself. The Saudis financially support Wahhabi groups around the world, while pretending to be the friend of the west.

The Shiites are less fanatical? I thought they were the worse of the two. I'm sure flagellation was something they practice...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I would rather have a Shia self-flaggelate (and they are certainly not the only religious group to do so) than have the Wahhabi's anywhere near me. For the most extreme doctrine in islam, look those guys up. It's where Osama and chums get their idea's from and it is the extreme form of Islam that the Saudi's try to export around the world.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
perhaps a 'homeland' or a 'reservation area' could be created for
the Shia population...
but i really think that the ruling Saudi family is in cahoots with this staged 'uprising'

it can be a way to repatrioat their 'Gold' bullions stored in London & NYC vaults,
it can be used as a -cause- for issuing new gold backed currency,
dropping the petro-dollar links,
restructuring the oil supplies outsourced to OPEC...
developing new agreements/arrangements with neighboring ME nations...
...even in 'Nationalising' the just begun petroleum processing & refining industries which are coming on-line with containerized natural-gas & other products that have long-term ties with american sponsers & int'l oil corps.

the Saudi, will have ample new reason to abbrogate those contracts etc.
when their 'kingdom' is in turmoil

[edit on 17-5-2009 by St Udio]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks like news headline has changed, because PressTV couldnt confirm the breaking news from Saudi Arabia Shias claiming new state to be decleared:

"The Republic of Eastern Arabia"

Also google is not giving anything from it... Lets keep attention in it for a while - but looks like a hoax now.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I would rather have a Shia self-flaggelate (and they are certainly not the only religious group to do so) than have the Wahhabi's anywhere near me. For the most extreme doctrine in islam, look those guys up. It's where Osama and chums get their idea's from and it is the extreme form of Islam that the Saudi's try to export around the world.

First of all you need to get your sunnis, shias and wahabis right.

Wahabis mostly originate from Saudi and they hate both the sunnis and shias.

Shias mostly originate from iran and hate both wahabis and sunnis.

Sunnis mostly originate from Asia and a few mid east/north african countries who also hate both shias and wahabis.

Than we have the sects originating from each of these individual sects.Salafi, deobandi, tableegi,barelwi etc etc..According to my own research there are more than 40 sects in islam at this very moment.

The Sunnis are in majority and have less extremists compared to shias and wahabis combined together.

Shias and wahabi versions of sharia are nearly same.One only has to look at the laws in iran and saudi to understand the full sketch.

Growing shia influence and support will only sting US and israel back harder.ayatollah,Al-sadr and ahmadinejad are all the same breed.

new topics

top topics

join