It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China builds first sex theme park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

China builds first sex theme park

news.bbc.co.uk

China is building what is billed as its first sex theme park, aimed at improving both the sex education and the sex life of its visitors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this... A Theme Park? Apparently there is also one in Jeju, South Korea. I am not sure how these places fit into the traditional view of "human rights" as practised in China, according to the Western point-of-view.

Is this an example of free-enterprise or a clinical undercurrent of ensuring that the powers-that-be have a method of interacting even with the most private lives of citizens?

It just seems so incongruous compared to what we would normally associate with Chinese lifestyle. Such an establishment in the Netherlands would go almost unnoticed, perhaps.

Does anybody else find this odd?

Please keep responses clean and fit for T&Cs!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
At first I thought it was a joke and had a good laugh. Then I became concerned....why in the world would they create a theme park out of this?
And will it become a trend in western cultures? You're probably right though, just a way for TPTB to monitor it's population even more closely.
Have to wonder though, what kind of rides would a park like this have

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Will it have wack a penis?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It all makes sense now. We paid 2.6 million dollars to teach Chinese hookers how to drink responsibly. Can't have the drunk hookers scaring away the tourists at the theme park now, can we? Gotta keep it respectable!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Hehe, that is a hideous thought... Popping up from holes and hammering them with a big mallet.

I find the whole thing odd in contrast to current social values *however* I can see a certain relationship with the ancient values, say around the time of confucius, but this was more to do with the "cosmic union" that created the universe.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Saw this morning that the Chinese had torn down the theme park...Breitbart reported that the park goers " were unhappy". They did however have a short clip from the one in Korea.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ah! Yes! China loans us out the money. We pay extra taxes over the next few years to repay what China loaned out. Not my country and look how even THEY are spending my hard earned tax money!
See, the grass is not always greener on the other side. At least we have Vegas!

We can't get a break. No matter who ends up with our tax money it always goes towards insane programs. Do we at least get a discount on admission for having funded this place? We could be considered investors.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
lol! Why? Why do China feel the need to have a whole theme park based on sex?

What kind of rides will there be and i don't even want to think of the entertainment!

Haha well each to there own. Whatever floats there boat i guess.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

What a truly gross concept..

Kinda reminds me of American Dad where they have NGA land

"You ride a bullet through a mugger's chest, see you come out the exit wound! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!"

By sex though are we talking normal sex or crazy eastern sex? You know people with tentacles and pikachu's with 4 foot boners?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So what, a theme park about sex is probably better than diggerland here in the uk. (yes, that's a theme park where all the rides are just....JCB diggers
www.diggerland.com... though I must say, it looks like a right laugh)

If liberal attitudes toward sex were worldwide, then prehaps there wouldn't be such a stigma attatched to something that is perfectly natural. I, for one, applaud it.

wonder if I can get a ride there
[/obligatory sexual based inuendo]

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Diggerland??? I'm from the UK and I honestly can't believe I've never heard of that.. Mind you I'm only 20 mins car drive from Alton Towers so a ride on a digger ain't that attractive to me!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

why in the world would they create a theme park out of this?

Because it's fun?

Second line to add that the world would be a better place if sex=fun would be more open and accepted.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In my humble opinion China is going to be the darling child of the New World Order.

The largest populated country on earth, just on it's upswing out of the peasant rural lifestyle into the era of modern consumerism, flush with manufacturing jobs thanks to savy American Corporations who saw the potential in a virtually untapped market and the largest one on the planet and the typical short sighted American citizen who didn't stop to think of the consequences of buying most of their durable goods from abroad is now a market with almost unlimmited potential for the Powers that Be.

A psuedo communist society unburdened by allegiance to any faith based diety or religion and it's morals the Chinese are the New World Order's dream come true, a vast society of people who see Government as the ultimate and only authority.

The glory days of Rome are at last returning a Sex Theme Park! No wonder Jack Bauer's father couldn't wait to move there at the end of season 6.

I better get a row boat since I can't stand being treated like a criminal at our airports now in the home of the meek and the cowered.

Oh well, I could use the exercise! Bon Voyage my former fellow citizens! This has sure got to beat watching my kids stay in the room at Disney World to watch the Disney Channel on TV!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmmmm....interesting.

I guess that life under Chinese Overlords won't be so bad afterall.

top topics

join