It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Disgusting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So I was out playing pool with my guy tonight and was leaning over to make a shot. Some guy at another table started
to sneeze so he turned his head and did not cover his mouth. Needless to say I felt something wet hit my ankle. I immediately cringed and ran over to my hubby and said oh my god that guy just sneezed and hockered on my ankle!!!!!!!!!! My hubby was kind enough to wipe it off but I'm very funny about germs and ran outside to get freah air and start to dry heave. I know, it sounds funny to some people lol but I assure you what happened was really gross and traumatic to me!! Anyhow, I'm just curious how any of you would have handled the situation. Would you have said something to to guy or left it alone. I chose to leave it be because he was young and I figured he and his frineds would just laugh at me
which I did not want.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well, I probably would have said something to the extent of, "dude you just sneezed on my, could you please cover your mouth and nose next time?"

Then I would have left it at that. Of course I would wipe it off as well.

I do not blame you for being grossed out as it is gross but I do not think I would have quite as severe a reaction to it as you did.

That is ok though, To each his own huh?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yeah, my reaction would probably just been a "dude, why!!?" then wipe it off and take the shot. But then, I'm a blokey bloke, and nearly impossible to gross me out.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
OMG!!! Was just thinking about starting a similar thread due to an incident that happened to me yesterday.
Picture this..
I was out shopping with my two sons, and we were waiting in line to pay for our purchases.
Two people ahead of me, who were shopping together (a senior lady and her friend)and two people (shopping separately) behind me.
Well, when the senior lady's friend was done paying for her merchandise, she moved aside slightly to allow the senior lady to pay for hers...at that very moment,the senior lady let out three very distinctly loud..farts...and I know her friend heard, cause she stepped back a wee bit, and the cashier heard, cause she wrinkled her nose and gave the lady a funny look.
Well now, seeing and hearing all this going down..I exited the line stage left, before the offensive cloud could hit me.The people in line behind me simply moved up..and probably got the full waft of it.
Now, of course you are thinking..But AD..you leaving like that makes you look like the guilty one, no???
NO! The ratio of people who DO know who did it..being 4 of us, to the ratio of those that do not know..being 2 so 4:2..makes in my mind a good enough reason to go to the back of the line.
Ain't no way I'll breathe in someone's ass gas, just to save face...
enough said.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yuk & funny at the same time. Sad how the muscles go in old age.

And why don't people cover their asses when they fart.. Is it so they can be a bit more annonymous and try to get away with a stealth-stink?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hubby here.

I really wanted to say something to the guy. Not mean or confrontational, just wanted him to be aware of what happened.

Wifey wouldn't let me. Oh well, maybe it was for the good, we were in a bar and drinking, stupid things can happen.

Anyway, it was a great night out. I love our date nights, I have a very beautiful and fun wife to spend my time with. I'm so lucky.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Working as I do with the public, and more than a few of them are, how do I say this, manners challenged? I've learned that unless you want a confrontation, it's best not to say anything, just deal with the grossness.

Though I have, upon occasion, rather pointedly used hand disinfectant, and/or lysol as the offending person is still around. Some of the offended looks are priceless.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Wifey wouldn't let me. Oh well, maybe it was for the good, we were in a bar and drinking, stupid things can happen.

Actually I have been surprised just how nice people have been to me in bars.

Not too long ago I was shooting some pool at my favorite bar and as I am setting up for my shot, I accidently bumped this guy with my pool cue.

I turned around and saw that this dude was huge! So I am thinking oh god here comes a fight. I apologized and said I did not see him there.

He just said, He no worries my friend, I should not have been standing so close.

I have been lucky I guess for the most part I guess

[edit on 17-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

join