It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK mystery, as cars behave oddly.....why??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I am sorry I have looked at your post now and have seen there have been other occurences, I am not trolling however I had to make the point that there is a simple explanation most of the time. To blame haarp for this is a bit like blaming the LHC for the faulty lightbulb in my livingroom.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
unless some set off a mini nuke haarp is only way i know to get a emp

You know, i thought we may get electromagnetic pulses of sorts from the sun

As an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) travels to earth, whether from a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) or a nuclear detonation in the atmosphere, it hits and runs along electrical power lines as well, building up voltage and amperage, which is what happened during the last solar storm a dozen years ago, blowing out transformers and leaving 6 million people in eastern Canada without power for weeks.

source:
www.unitedstatesaction.com...

?
www.springerlink.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Could it be influenced by lay lines? There are several that cross England. At the intersections of these lines strange phenomenon have been known to occur.

I never thought of that, but i think it is possible. Someone told me that laylines have been measured from westminster upto Ulceby (there are two Ulceby's in lincs so that could be confusing
) in lincolnshire, the conversation came about as we were discussing the significance of a local turf maze and wondered if the laylines would pass through that point.

If you went from westminster up through ulceby, and kept going in a straight line....you would end up around stockton upon tees, I can't find a source to back what he said up though, so i'd take that with a grain of salt, great suggestion though

[e

[edit on 17-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So, I was reading through the other post's on here and there's a few people saying it could be something natural, etc etc..
I live not 60 miles from Stockton On Tee's, and I've experienced no electrical disturbances, surly if it was some form of natural phenomena I would have had some effects possibly? and it wouldn't have been as localised as it was, I mean just a street seems pretty odd.

So my guess is some prat playing a trick.. I remember reading once that some guy wanted to block his next door neighbours radio or something, so he built a simple radio signal jammer from an old oscillator, and it was capable of blocking signals from 98-102Mhz. So maybe someone built one of these as a joke that could block the signals in recent cars? But I don't know, I'm only guessing.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
unless some set off a mini nuke haarp is only way i know to get a emp

You know, i thought we may get electromagnetic pulses of sorts from the sun

Yeah, that was my initial thought that it could have been some form of solar activity, but as I said living relatively local surly I would have experienced some disturbance and it would have been more than cars and shop shutters, it would have been everything electronic. Also, I was under the impression the sun was in it's solar minimum at the moment, and it was pretty damn quite. So solar activity would seem unlikely.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Could be a test to see the effectiveness both of the technology and it's emotional impacts.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I will ask for apologies beforehand since i think i will dissapoint quite a few of you including the op on what is actually happening here.

The same phenomenon happens in two cites of the city i live in and within well defined limits...
I never had a problem myself but i had heard from others...
I was buffled to begin with until months after i heard the reason.
The guy who told me what was happening had the problem, interestingly with a British car. It turned out that these two sites have strong mobile phone antenas that affected car electronics when nearby at specific points as well as other electronic devices such as anti-theft alarms...

Sorry to spoil it for you. Also excuse the post but i am on my mobile/pda just now...

take care

GTG

[edit on 17/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wonder if they were putting some kind of hz out from a satellite to make ppl passive for whatever changes they have planned. This is the kind of thing I suspect they do, and perhaps some of the newer vehicles were affected.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd a strange experience like this quite recently.

I was sitting in my car in a carpark in Belfast at around lunchtime, with the radio on.
I heard a strange thud nearly inside my head like I was wearing earphones, and simultaneously lost radio reception, and five or six cars around me's alarms started going! The radio came back within a few seconds.

Thought it was odd at the time, then forgot all about it until I read this thread.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Evidently you people have not been paying attention to the really big news lately. We are going through a major polar shift. The North Pole That is located at the Artic now That's North of the U.S and Canada for those of you who did not pay attention in school, will shift to somewhere in Russia. A lot of electrical phenomena will take place when the final shift begins. check it out...KMG

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join