It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK mystery, as cars behave oddly.....why??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just curious, has anyone thought about a Tesla Coil? Have seen one work, and anything electical in the immediate area goes hay wire. Maybe someone in that area has built one and it was a test.

Also, once the coil is turned off...everything goes back to normal. I was under the impression that when an EMP goes off it actually disables it for good.

Just food for thought......

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Is there any new telecommunications towers in the area.
I have experienced my cars electrics going crazy when near a major phone tower.
The tower is a tourist attraction with a lookout in it. The structure stands 195 metres high.
They even have warning signs around the area to warn of this happening & to see them if you cannot get your car started.
So maybe this could be a cause.

Black Mountain Tower in Canberra Australia.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Just noticed your edit, yeah that's why I asked about the HAARP link, I thought you could have been in the know.

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Chad...your 'Bronze' award looks super awesome with your avatar....

Thanks!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I watched a show on TV some time ago where police were using mini-devices to disable automobiles.

These devices were about a foot long, had wheels, and looked much like an ordinary remote control kid's car.

The cops would launch one of these devices under the target vehicle, trigger it, and the EMP blast would disable the car's electronics. Very localized.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The OP is wrong!

It's not in London, it is Stockton on Tees which is 250 miles away.

Looking on Google maps it is right on the edge near the countryside not too far from Teeside International airport.

There is only one transmitter I can find in line of site and that is Darlington which is quite a distance away.

Anyone local to Stockton on Tees that can help?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Could it possibly be a natural phenomenon?

Perhaps high magnetic interference?

I'll look into that...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Could it be influenced by lay lines? There are several that cross England. At the intersections of these lines strange phenomenon have been known to occur.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
HARRP

People assign a whole load of stuff to HARRP - most of them have highly overactive imaginations and assign it almost mythical capabilities, from changing the weather to causing earthquakes.

The site page is there, the coordinates for the site are there, and details of what they do on the site are there. 99% of what you see written about HARRP is science fiction IMHO.

I agree wholeheartedly. However, I think that the HAARP players are messin' with physics and with nature on a grand and uber dangerous scale. And I'm completely convinced that their ultimate use for HAARP is for further destruction and control. But I don't believe they can control it enough to have the effect they're looking for. Yet it exists... and it's doing something.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if I eventually heard that it was indeed HAARP that was causing some of the weird iridescent skies we're hearing about that occur over locations where an earthquake occurs only hours later, or setting off car alarms in Britain. I'm not sure I believe it at this point in time, but if it was admitted, I wouldn't be surprised. For now, I think 80% of the notions about HAARP's effects are fiction.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Another episode like this has been reported on here before......

Abovetopsecret thread

Portsmouth News

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

just a though here, thinking out loud .. i think their coudl be some more, plausable, non HAARP related, as lets face it .. does anyone actualy have concrete proof about its "powers"?

(im not denying haarp or questioning anyones reaserch, just its more of a scapegoat for anything unexplained round these parts).

so, the scene, car alarms are going off and cars have lost power their power .. now, lets add 1 + 1 = ? ... 2. Cars not being able to move AND their alarms sounding could be the biggest clue ever, alot of cars these days have immobiliziers fitted into their cars which work with the alarm system (wether audible or inauidible), it would seem most logical that something has "triggered" these cars alarms and/or immobobiliziers in this area, which explains why cars cant move and alarms are sounding.

with that cleared, we need to look at the area... was this a block of a few streets, or one massive street, where about was this street and ect. for instance....

was it above a tube station / line, and maybe their was something that knocked something else underground, causing a shake ?

Was this on a main road, possible a really big truck went past and caused alot of shaking?

was it beside one of their airports, perhaps a large jet or even a millitary jet came in low and really loud causing alot of vibrations?

being london... was their any gangs of kids roaming about near that time, possibly just kicking all the cars the seen (quite common) ?

maybe a small siesmic tremor?

and last , as i dont know if this woudl be remotely possible.... could their have been a burst of radio waves (fm/sw/mw /uhf ect ect) that may have occured by a malfunctioning relay in that area, be it from tv/radio/mobile phones/comms ect that could have "spiked" the alarms / immobilisers in the area, causing the incident?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have found another instance where cars behaved strangely in Jersey for a few residents. I will keep adding to this post as I am finding more and more instances:

Nine years after the Millennium bug went off like a damp squib, the New Year left a number of residents of a small enclave in deepest St Ouen suffering a technological hangover. They woke up one day to find that they were unable either to open or to close their cars with their electronic keys. No matter what they attempted, it seemed that something was jamming the signals.

www.thisisjersey.com...

Edited to add:

I have found another in Peterborough:

What's the key to the car lock mystery

They seem to happen in the UK a lot more than anyone else...

But I remember this one as well in NY around the Empire State Building:

wcbstv.com...

Here it is explained as:

Yaakobovitch blames the frequent occurrences on radio frequencies from Empire interfering with and jamming frequencies for computerized security systems on cars. Officials with the FCC and the Empire State Building say there no proof of that, but Yaakobovitch wonders how the vehicles seem to magically be perfectly fine after being moved out of the "dead zone."

Another one in Bremerton, WA.

bremerton-online.com...

By Thursday, virtually every new car dealership in the Bremerton-Port Orchard area was inundated with hundreds of similar calls from upset customers. The outage also affected unsold new cars sitting on their lots. The cause of the bizarre problem was — and still is — a mystery. No one so far has been able to explain why the remote keyless entry systems on nearly every vehicle in the Bremerton-Port Orchard suddenly stopped functioning at about the same time Wednesday afternoon and hasn't worked since. "It's strange," DeCamp said. "A lot of people are really upset." Speculation about the cause has ranged from solar flares to the Mir space station or possible interference from USS Carl Vinson or some other local Navy ship.

[edit on 17/5/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I believe this could be a very natural pheno.

Or a consequence of us messing with the natural frequency enviroment of earth...the NFE.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't really see how this could be normal, as in a natural occurrence, or it would be reported as more common and in various areas from time to time. It must be something they, as in TPTB, were messing with or testing, unless it is somehow non-terran related.
I'm surprised no one has come on who was affected yet. I wonder what kind of facility or military type base is lurking in that area, or if theres something underground. I wouldn't rule out a HAARP type thing yet either, since its only used on paper for certain things, but I've read they can pinpoint an exact virus with it and destroy it, though they won't do anything positive on our behalf with it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

deffinitelly not natrual if its linked to radio waves, or this kind of thing would be well documented. coudl be natrual if linked to tremors or something triggering security, which is sounds like it is .

i woudl discount HAARP .. as theirs no solid evidence of anything it can do, other than bounce radio waves off the atmosphere, and even then its not confirmed as its a pretty secret place ... so really cant be "written in" as it has no plausable reason to be included ... after every possible plausable explination has been exausted, then you can try applying theorys to theorys, theorys have to be applied to facts, not other theorys, or it just becomes never ending speculation.

tremor is very unlikely, alot of people woudl know about it ... im pinning my guesses on it being linked to tv / radio or phone relay masts... a small error leading to an abnormal (by that i mean not normal, not paranormal or implying any malice) frequency which in turn turns on cars imobiliziers / alarms unintentionaly. and if this is the case i doubt any company will every admit it or reaserch due to the cost of the reaserch and cost of fixing any problems like this.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Some time ago, a guy with a Range Rover parked it in front of the place where I work, and for a week he could not start the car.

After that week, he come to us and asked if we had any wireless network (we do not have), because the problem was a wireless network interfering with the car's computer, the computer was constantly restarting and the car did not worked (at least this was what he told us).

Considering this, I think a radio interference could be enough to create this problem, but this is something I do not really know.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Were they all newer cars with GPS and touch screens?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont think it is a massive event as hasnt really been on a lot of threads or news sites. Think this is just a localised problem which probably has a simple explanation such as a faulty electrical station. The old occams razor get a look in again

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Too true acrux. My stepfather cannot park his car under a certain telephone line. Yeah this sounds totally stupid but it's true. If he parks under it his immobiliser comes active and it will not start.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by the River Goddess

I cant say this is the same deal but when Operation Desert Storm started USAF and RAF units kicked off the party with what's called electronic warfare....Simply known as Radar and communications jammers...
there goal
suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD) via jamming, anti-radiation missiles, decoys and precision guided weapons delivered by penetrating aircraft and standoff platforms.
crippling the C3 network by jamming with EC-130 Compass Call aircraft, until key nodes could be destroyed by strike aircraft.
the use of onboard Defensive ECM by penetrating aircraft to defeat any SAMs which would get airborne in spite of the preceding activity.

By the middle of January the Allies had a comprehensive picture of Iraq's IADS and were well positioned for a knock-out blow against the system, with substantial hard kill defence suppression assets in the theatre. Key systems were the F-4G Wild Weasel, a Phantom airframe fitted with a potent radar homing and warning receiver system (APR-47 RHAWS), which was supplemented by the HARM firing F-16C and F/A-18C. These aircraft were further supported by Alarm firing Tornado GR.1s of the RAF and HARM capable EA-6B Prowlers, A-7Es and A-6Es of the USN.

Jamming assets assembled in the theatre included USAF EC-130 Compass Call standoff communications jammers, Naval EA-6B Prowlers and the USDA's EF-111A Ravens. The protracted buildup was a major benefit to the Allies, who used the time to upgrade both hardware and software in many of the jamming systems, to precisely match the Iraqi inventory
above is an excerpt from "Desert Storm - The Electronic Battle"

Now here's the rub... Many of these electronic warfare assets were staged there in England. when the finally got the order to go they simply switched on all those electronic warfare systems.... Still with me? here comes the good part... When they turned all that jamming equipment they fried all the computer chips in thousands of rental cars there at the airports... Cars that happened to be under their flight path just stopped running not just in the UK but across the EU all the way into the air bases in Turkey...

Not saying this is happening now but maybe???

[edit on 17-5-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Maybe you should look at my post then. It has happened before and by just looking for 10 minutes have found a few instances in the UK and US. Who's to say it hasn't happened in other countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join