It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: The Illuminati

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If the Illuminati are real... They would have changed their name to something else. Plus if it is just a rumor... The person or people who made it are probably laughing at people researching the Illuminati

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"illuminati" is pretty much any group that has valid information that the mainstream shuns or disproves of. what many conspiracy nuts see as one entity are in fact many. one has to admire the perseverance of such groups that spend generations in secret to reach their final goal. i'd assume that the various enlightened groups fight wars against each other that we never know of. and of course i love the idea to make the greedy catholic church pay for their crimes and genocide which continues to this day (pope spreading the lie that condoms contribute to AIDS...)

as for FOX this was just a commercial for the movie.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From what I've hear the illuminati were the "ancient" out-of-the-box thinkers. Which site on the internet has the most of them?

We are actually Illuminati!!11oneoneleven11

Edit: Typos

[edit on 17-5-2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think Fox news is just trying to give their views a brief history of the Illuminati. I believe it would be fair to say Fox news has a large amount of christian viewers and that many of them will watch this movie and look for more information. So in that regard it seems logical that fox news would want to be the ones that provided that information. I don't blame them, they covered the subject fairly to an extent that can be proven and that is all that MSM can do. They even got into the skull and bones secret society and mentioned that a few presidents were/are members including former president George Bush.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

As far as the movie Angels and Demons goes I think they brought up good points without being quite as bashing to Christianity as the last one. Angels and Demons does not hint towards a massive church cover up, it just reminds us that nobody is perfect and that corruption is a possibility. As far as the Illuminati goes their history just fits into the plot well and that's why it was used. They are not exposing secrets or making any assumptions on current real world possibilities.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ninja-san

Give the average viewer more credit.
Ive never read Brown's Books, nor seriously researched the " lluminati" conspiracy theory, but the topic has been thrashed about so much in the last 10 years, I would assume MOST of the average viewers who would watch a piece on Angels and Demons would know the subject.

FYI- did you know that the idea of a "secret cabal of all-powerful bankers contolling the world" is over 400 years old?

I'm well aware. Never mentioned the "average viewer". I'm speaking from personal experience, MOST people I come across in my family or socially do not know about communities like ATS, or the NWO, or the Illuminati. The only common conspiracy theories I find are the moon landing, JFK assassination, and 9/11 being an inside job. Most people know of those things, but most do not know of NWO or Illuminati conspiracy theories. This has been my experience, oddly enough a lot of people I meet who serve in the military are into this stuff though.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

I'm well aware. Never mentioned the "average viewer". I'm speaking from personal experience, MOST people I come across in my family or socially do not know about communities like ATS, or the NWO, or the Illuminati. The only common conspiracy theories I find are the moon landing, JFK assassination, and 9/11 being an inside job. Mots people know of those things, but most do not know of NWO or Illuminati conspiracy theories. This has been my experience, oddly enough a lot of people I meet who serve in the military are into this stuff though.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

This is vary true. I honestly don't know anybody who takes conspiracy theories seriously. On that note I don't believe that people who don't know about conspiracy theories are any less knowledgeable as whole, their knowledge is just in other areas. I think I might know some people who know of the 9/11 inside job theory but if they do I don't think they believe it (like me). The JFK assassination is pretty common but it's not really talked about all that much in my social circles.

For this reason I could understand how people here could be disappointed with the whole Illuminati connection to Angles and Demons. We do need to understand that this movie was made for entertainment, for profit, and possibly to raise interest on the subject.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Styki]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
SPOILERS AHEAD

Angels and Demons has a twist ending, where in the end the author reveals that the Illuminati never existed, or at least they don't today, and that the protagonist was led to believe that they were behind the plot to blow up the Vatican so he wouldn't find the rogue Vatican priest responsible for it all. Listen to the Mark Dice interview on the Infowarrior and you'll probably see why FOX did this. Just another attempt to co-op the truth movement and muddy the waters further with their disinformation.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this movie 'Angels and Demons' is a prequil to the 'DaVinci Code'

the Illuminati they are talking about was during the Rennaissance & Enlightenment period when science, and things like camera obscura and optical telescopes were first used to view the heavens & planets...

Those are the 'Illuminati' of that era ...
the 'Illuminati' of this era are not the same creatures

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
fox is bs.. more importantly is this thread that everyone on ats needs to see and watch all the videos....
the truth about fema camps coffins and trains

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

i will have to say that i do see a lot of talking about not trusting the MSM on here and ill even be the first one to say it..

Don't get me wrong. I think that the MSM is the least trustworthy source of information. Everything preached by the MSM must be examined with the utmost scrutiny and an eye out for what angle they are really pushing.

My main point was that in the past if someone posted a source such as "hometown-crazy-weirdness-highschool-reports.com" they could expect some due skeptism in the replies. Nowdays someone posts from MSM and it inevitably will draw a negative reply stating that the MSM is not the trusted MSM source. See what I mean? By changing the division from MSM versus Non-MSM to my MSM versus your MSM then the MSM has won. Now the divisions are only between MSM controlled propaganda.

Whew, MSM...(thought I would say it one more time
) Yeah..

Edit:

By the way, Angels and Demons (the movie) has little to do with the real illuminati and is much more of a standard hollywood suspense thriller centering on the conspiracy that is the plot of the movie. That conspiracy is pretty far removed from what we know about the illuminati. The references to secret societies and illumiati in the movie are fleeting at best, and the movie makes no claim to, or attempt at any type of real exposure. People won't leave the theatre thinking they have learned some ancient secrets. Not at all.

End Edit:

[edit on 5/17/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
What we gonna do? Nothing - because we have no power.

That is where you are wrong, friend. We the people have the power, they just don't want us to know we do and make us think we need to be lead by some over-payed butt-munch of a leader. They are just like the big bully in the playground. One of us allone isn't strong enough to stop them, but if everyone just stood up to the ruling famillies and the politicians, which is about 30 000 to 7 billion we will win and take the planet back.

If these families and their underlings would die the world would be at piece. Here they are:

Rothschild (Bauer or Bower)
Bruce
Cavendish (Kennedy)
De Medici
Hanover
Hapsburg
Krupp
Plantagenet
Rockefeller
Romanov
Sinclair (St. Clair)
Warburg (del Banco)
Windsor (Saxe-Coburg-Gothe)

If they are to be stopped, everyone in the world needs to band together!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "official" history of the Illuminati was that they only lasted for eight years in Ingolstadt, which was started up by Adam Wheishaupt in 1776, until the king exiled them. Then they "disbanded".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
The JFK assassination is pretty common but it's not really talked about all that much in my social circles.

Kennedy was in the Illuminati, but his familly still is. he was killed because he wasn't a team player.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Seems that the words Masonic and Illuminati are being openly discussed in several recent programs. Not that they have been total secrets, but they are being added to the awareness with somewhat white wash presentations. This is still good in the short term, as many will look to the net for more info and varied interpretations.

However, on TV it's being presented as the more or less noble science loving Illuminati versus the science hating catholic church. Elsewhere it's the Masons as the mysterious and harmless founders of the United States and still elsewhere on TV it's the poor Catholics who love and embrace science and just want to make the world a better place. A fair amount of pacification via the media that seems to be a counter to the internet. I would expect once the indoctrination of belief is established, TV will then turn to the "fruitcake" nature of any other way of looking at the evidence and an anti Internet campaign not unlike the inquisition may then arise against the "non - believers".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

I have read the book but have not seen the movie yet. I was glad when I found out they were making a movie. IMO Angels and Demons is WAY better than The Da Vinci Code. But like Rapinbats said some may be disappointed. The Illuminati are the central key to the movie but the drama and climax surround a totally scientific plot. I will say no more as I don't want to be the spoiler here. But the movie should be good. It blends theoretical physics with NWO/Illuminati conspiracy, what more can you ask??lol

But on topic FOX was just pluging the movie while trying to put a "legit" twist on it. Can you blame them? I mean there is no evidence the Illuminati still exists. As far as we know the Catholic Church did wipe them out over 400 years ago.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Kennedy was in the Illuminati, but his familly still is. he was killed because he wasn't a team player.

Kennedy tried to expose them...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I agree I know many many people who aren't aware of 5% of what we all discuss on here. And lets' be honest at least 30% of what we all discuss must be true due to simple odds. ATS was a Godsend for me, I found a place that I didn't know existed where I could share my theories and information with other like minded people without the thread of being laughed at or thought crazy.(Most the time,lol) I was aware of ATS many years ago but was young and didn't understand how great it actually was, thus why I only joined in Dec. 07. But yes way to few people know of this great site. That is changing somewhat though as people ae more open to these types of "fringe" topics and the enormous growth of ATS.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

fox is bs.. more importantly is this thread that everyone on ats needs to see and watch all the videos....

I find it amusing that in the midst of a discussion that includes me pointing out the futility in arguing which MSM source is to be trusted that you have denounced Fox in an effort to plug your own thread that features video clips of Fox news.

It's not all bad though. Your thread is very relevant, especially the foreign troops on U.S. soil. These are the troops that will not hesitate against the American public. I could go on but it's not the topic of this thread.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

most do not know of NWO or Illuminati conspiracy theories. This has been my experience, oddly enough a lot of people I meet who serve in the military are into this stuff though.

i have seen the same thing, a lot of people in the military are more willing to entertain these thoughts....i think a lot of it stays within the junior enlisted though or at least the junior enlisted are the only ones that voice it

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Nice little profile from Hannity I'm shocked he actually did not try and debunk it and simply presented it.I guess Fox News is just hedging their bets just in case The Illuminati are still around.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I just watched the movie Angels and Demons. No wonder the Catholic church hasn't raised a fuss about it. It paints the Church in a sympathetic light as a victim of nasty, psychopathic scientists (the Illuminati) and then at the end we find out that well... it wasn't REALLY the Illuminati at all! Two thoughts. 1) my understanding of who the Illuminati were is that while some of them were indeed scientific thinkers like Galileo, not all of them were. Portraying them as JUST scientists is therefore misleading and 2) by revealing the bad guys as only pretending to be the Illuminati, the move gives the impression that the Illuminati don't really exist any more. I wonder if that's a deliberate attempt by the real Elite(who may or may not call themselves the Illuminati anymore) to divert attention from themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join