It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: The Illuminati

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by king9072

This is not a SUPPORT piece, exposing the illuminati,

But hopefully it will intrigue some people. There's a lot of people who don't know anything about this conspiracy theory, there's a lot of people who don't know that communities like ATS exist. I'd rather see it mentioned then having it quietly escaping everyone's attention.

How anyone watches this and sees it as "Fox news being open minded" and supporting alternate views is out of there flipping mind.

I certainly didn't see it that way, so I wouldn't assume that everyone who was glad to see this on TV felt that way.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Give the average viewer more credit.
Ive never read Brown's Books, nor seriously researched the " lluminati" conspiracy theory, but the topic has been thrashed about so much in the last 10 years, I would assume MOST of the average viewers who would watch a piece on Angels and Demons would know the subject.

FYI- did you know that the idea of a "secret cabal of all-powerful bankers contolling the world" is over 400 years old?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That is the medias job. To break people in to camps, to report on that camps virtues, to report on the other camps villiany, to enflame their passions, to incite anger, because angry people rarely make rational decisions.

The real conspiracy is people simply don't want to stop doing that. They choose war.

That war being the one we fight with each other, more than the ones we watch on TV.

The aggressions between this media camp and that media camp have really escalated recently. People have trained themselves to simply refuse to believe anything that is reported by the "other media camp" and they have done so by choice.

Right here on this thread we already have a post implying that it is not to be trusted because it was reported by the wrong MSM source. I remember when ATS explored all reports, digging and discussing, until something was shown to be false. It is very different now. I see people immediately dismiss the source before daring themselves to entertain the possibility of learning something, again by choice.

You divide. You let the divisions attack one another and weaken one another. You create divisions amongst the divisions. You keep your enemy fighting amongst itself and tearing itself apart, and constantly weakening and destroying itself until it is weak enough to no longer pose a threat to your existence and plan

This division and automatic response mechanism of denial is a rapidly expanding plauge, a "forumdemic" if you will. I have never seen the divisions so pronounced, and I believe that what we see on these boards is an indicater of the mindset of the public as a whole.

With such an increase in these divisions over the last year I personally have come to believe that we are indeed at the endgame. I won't be long before there is only one source of information but don't worry the camps will still get their devisive information simply by watching the stories change, that is if anyone will be able to remember what the story was.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Notice the segment is called "Beyond Belief", that alone makes it pretty clear to me what the viewers are intended to think of it. "Is it real? You decide!" while the words "Beyond Belief" are sprawled across the screen...

I know some conservative and libertarian women (other stay-at-home moms) who have become FoxNews viewers over the past few months because of Glenn Beck mostly and the tea party stuff. I wonder if stuff like this will sort of alienate the more libertarian "tea partiers" from those who are more conservative. I'll have to investigate.

Perhaps it's an attempt to divide them. FoxNews got the "conservatives" involved in the tea parties in the first place, which began with the Ron Paul supporters. Maybe they hope to use little things like this to separate those who are more interested in conspiracies from those who are simply anti-Obama.

It's alot easier for them to manipulate the tea partiers if they can discourage the libertarians from being involved, because they're less likely to buy the FoxNews BS. Just a possibility that I see.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This was an advertisement for the new movie, paid for by the movie.

Nothing more.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whahh

Every single thing put on fox news is a lie. If fox news said I existed I would disappear into a void.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree with you completely.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ninja-san

I did not know that the "banker cabal" conspiracy was that old. Hmmmmm...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
with this playing on Fox News, and especially with Hannity presenting it, it seems like they're playing down this major factor in our society...

...they're making them sound practically harmless!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There where some serious omissions in that report & it definitely tried to steer things towards the "move along, nothing to see hear" sentiment. Not to mention it's misleading trying to draw a divide between the "illuminati" and the church when there are many whistle blowers who talk about the Vatican & these secret societies going hand-in-hand. It's more distraction & disinformation.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, they do exist but probably not under that name anymore, you need to ask yourself why all of a sudden FOX News would air something like that...to expose truth? or disclose it, just make people think its just a fairytale so they can change the channel and watch some Sports, or those Christian Hot Lines.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

FOX in my humble oppinion represents one side of the coin while CNN represent another in a divide and conquer strategy of war.

If a New World Order conspiracy exists it's greatest threat is a United States united in it's resistence to it.

You divide. You let the divisions attack one another and weaken one another. You create divisions amongst the divisions. You keep your enemy fighting amongst itself and tearing itself apart, and constantly weakening and destroying itself until it is weak enough to no longer pose a threat to your existence and plan, which you have been gradually and steadily increasingly exposing people to, so when the time comes they have some vague idea to who and what they are submitting to.

wow. mad props, i totally couldnt have said it better myself! i love how most people want to think that they have a choice. They say well i can watch fox or cnn, but really both are just spitting their own agenda... I can fote for politician A, or Politician B...but really, what kind of choice is it when you get to pick between the lesser of two evils at best? now i love movies, but i do have to agree with you when you say, turn off the TV and read a freakin book!!! i am really glad my parents got me into reading when i was a child, if they hadnt, i probably would be one of those sheeple biting onto every little piece of bait i see on my zombie screen.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

i will have to say that i do see a lot of talking about not trusting the MSM on here and ill even be the first one to say it...but thats only cause they put a spin on the facts. Say for example CNN reports that 4 years into Bush's Presidency, unemployment was 12%, but 4 years into the Clinton administration, unemployment was 13%...leading the average joe to believe "oh yeah, Bush did a lot better!"...but the fact that unemployment decreased throughout the Clinton administration and increased durastically throughout the Bush administration...

I'm not saying that everyone should never ever watch the MSM, just if you do, take what they say with a grain of salt and do your own research...and i believe that al lot of us on here feel the same way.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by Ninja-san

I did not know that the "banker cabal" conspiracy was that old. Hmmmmm...

yep.. the specific "New World order" can be generally traced back to Cecil Rhodes ( 1900), but the idea of the world being ran by an "all powerful commitee of wealthy finaciers" is very very old... and nothing has ever really come of the conspiracies.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am thinking - why is mainstream media allowed to talk about it?
What is the reason behind it?

Media, which is puppets, don't do anything without the approval from the Big Boys.

So.

- First of all - it seems like they are not affraid of being exposed.
- Second - is this a provocation? What is it they are trying to provoke in us?
- Third - why would they do it know - the film, the subject?

Few years ago, if I would go on a mainstream media and tell about the signs on dollar and all seeing eye... I would be either laughed at or cut off.

-------------------------------------

I will not be surprised if FOX will announce very soon that very likely 9/11 was an inside job. And? What we gonna do? Nothing - because we have no power.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The movie is a whitewash, same as the book.

It is like "W", the Oliver Stone movie about G. W. Bush. All they did was make fun of the guy and how "he don't talk none too good" while simultaneously playing down the controversial stuff.

People will watch the "Illuminati" movie and think they have a handle on it and as a result those same people will dismiss things out-of-hand that should be setting off alarm bells.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

I thought the same thing about "W". Not only did it play down the more contoversial stuff....it was an absolute and utter waste of two hours or so of my life. Even if this movie IS a whitewash, maybe it will still get people interested.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's quite apparent what FOX is attempting to accomplish at this point.

They want to establish a reputation for the Illuminati as harmless and psuedo-science-fiction. This will instill a sense of calmness and security amongst those who are not as well-read about the secret society.

Any attempt to 'debunk' what was said by FOX by anyone other than FOX will be deemed ill-informed, and biased in one way or another, and ultimately either ignored or shunned as sheeple will once again regurgitate what they have been told, and defend it blindly just because it was said by a 'credible' source.

This is such an effective method of manipulation that it is plain to see as clear as day as it has been used many times in the past, and will continue to be used until it is no longer necessary.

S&F

Remain positive, and understand that your thoughts shape your reality.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Wishaupt was perhaps one of the first transhumanists or singularitarians... RIP. What a shame he won't be able to see the singularity and all of his ideas come to fruition... :-( Perhaps we can do something about it... someday..

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Agreed, this is what they usually do. They usually bring up subjects like this and bring it down.

They try to embed a sense of folly in peoples mind so when other people bring it up they will just laugh and see it as nothing

Cheers

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i personally belive this to be a 7 minute advert.

to give a history of 'the illuminati' nicely leads into the angels and demons film that i think is about illuminati revenge on the church... not exactly the well researched and highly informative piece of journalism that FOX is renouned for world wide. ROFL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join