It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan - The Most Important Country on Earth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

lots and lots of people have died everywhere at the hands of the decisions of a few...

The only actual question is... was it blunder of ineptitude or was it intentional and coordinated?

You either believe it could be conspiratorial or you don't... in time if you hang around you will see, there is a much more complicated world and we probably aren't alone... not even on it, this one world alone...

You know... if a few hundred years ago, someone came to your land and said, there was a bug in the soil that was making people sick and it could be killed... the natural reaction would be to say:

"no" I have never heard of this... "not here" the soil of Kazakh is fine... this is our land our people, our land doesn't harbor creatures that invade your blood... we are the GOOD people of Kazakh

We always want to defend ourselves at first issue, as if... there was any comment made about the people in the first place.

But now you know, sure there are germs in the soil of your home, like many other places on Earth

Why refuse to question that... those in charge could be manipulated, perhaps even without knowing? is it really after all that hard from a place of superior knowledge to manipulate anyone into various actions...

What is behind globalization is what we must ask

a NEED

or

a Demand?

and who is doing the demanding? and what do they demand?

really nothing very far fetched other than a simple understanding that there COULD be perhaps reasons for these events...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Kazakhstan is a good friend to have. America needs them because of their strategic location. Their neighbors depend on them for resources. Kazakhstan extends an olive branch to all who would except it. Long live Nazarbayev, God bless and keep Kazakhstan safe.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Treads like this is the reason why I stick to ATS even if every good tread always is followed by some idiotic comments like the above ones.

To see the things and facts about Kasakhstan stunned me as I with others never have taken notice of this poor country in central asia...wich I thought until now!

Very great tread indeed S&F.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by m4ng4n]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that Borat is from Kazakhstan. Although he is only an "alter-ego" of sorts, allot of issues are raised in the show and movie. Like the country being very pro Nazi in its traditions, laws and such, but he does mention the it had a superior economy over some other countries. I think Borat is a very smart movie and there had been allot of research gone into it. Sacha is very smart and is aware of things like this.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by devilruski]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by mischevios elf
Are you an only child?

WFT?!?! Personal attacks you say?

...and supposedly you've "brokered pipeline deals"

Nobody, but NOBODY who posts such nonsense and makes personal attacks on someone stating the obvious, is mature enough to have been employed by a company of the required magnitude - in the required capacity - to 'broker' ANYTHING beyond their own payrise.

I'll underpin my point again, since you (choose to?) ignore them or didn't (want to?) notice... Nearly EVERYthing that has happened has been in direct consequence to, or after the - rise of Kazakhstan's enrgy industry. This has been in the main, led by both western Governments (I include the UN in that of course) and energy companies.

So no, that isn't debatable. At all.

IGNORANCE. You cannot teach it, apparently.

[edit on 18/5/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Get this thread on topic, NOW !!!!

Any off topic, uncivil, attacking posts will be removed.

DO not reply to this note in the thread.

Thank You.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

An obvious link to anyone interested in the khazars and how they fit in all this. Azkhenazi influence could possibly be traced back here, but I am no expert. It is however a common theme in historical circles, especially those more out of the mainstream whitewash.

Kazakhstan is to the east of their original location, but the world has been through a lot of map altering in the last centuries and I think the dominant nations are trying to hide their ascendents. There seems to be a push towards something new, NWO obviously, and with that a denial, a rewriting of history, probably as part of a bigger religious, historical, psychological and economic reshaping of human societies, so they fall into this neo slavery to the currency we seem to be hellbent on chaining ourselves to.

It is possible, that all through modern history, a khazarian empire was being built, in stealth, behind the scenes, being behind even the English empire. It's possible the roman empire is behind even the Khazarian one. What I have come to realise with conspiracy theories is that old orders don't die away, they get "wise" (for lack of a better word) and meld into the backdrop. Possibly turning into bloodline elites as per David Icke, possibly turning into secret societies, possibly both. We should always look carefully at the people envolved because, beyond the empires, I think we will always find ourselves deeling with the same psychological group (the psychopaths, as per ponerology) and their bloodlines.

I call it the nonempathic empire, and it's already global, but hidden. The NWO would surface it into the mainstream, and because it's a psychopathic creation it will of course have to be totalitarian. Or do you expect predators to suddenly sow seeds?

One last comment on the antichrist thing: the psychologically manipulating are fishing. What they want is charisma figures, both positive and negative, who will do their bidding (ie, well spoken psychopaths who can fool millions of normal empathic humans). So there isn't an antichrist per se. It's an archetype. The christ figure is an empathic human aware of his connection, through heart chakra possibly, to the conscious universe. He is not a religion, he is a message. The antichrist figure is a secular human, manipulative of the thoughts of others, who does not believe there is a conscious universe and as such is a materialist and a so called "pragmatist". These will form hierarchical religions, because they can quantify and manipulate them. The only thing which they can't do is feel love and open up the heart chakra, because they will be psychopaths.

The catholic imagery of christ with a chain around his heart and a flames and a cross on top of it start to make sense now? The non empathic empire is always looking for antichrists. And the empathic always have the possiblity to become chirstlike, ie, open the heart find the power of love (as it's a vibration it will resonate as a basic universal frequency and give the truely loving power over their own destiny. Ask and thy shall receive).

This is my current cosmology, subject to change, but I think it shows what is happening in kazakhstan and everywhere else, and why we should not give too much importance to leadership figures. All we will end up with is materialistic attempts at manipulating universal frequencies, which is something I suspect god wanted people to do at an individual basis. This occult magic is a bit like a children playing with a power tool in that regard, if they do manage to plug it in they will probably hurt themselves.

Slight tangent off topic, but what the hey. All of the above should be viewed a bit like synchromysticism, as it only shows universal tendencies, naturally reality will swirl and negative arguments are viable. Yin and Yang

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by mischevios elf
Are you an only child?

WFT?!?! Personal attacks you say?

Well you seemed to, and have continued to do so, wheras I have really tried to just discuss and, and show my side or opinion.

...and supposedly you've "brokered pipeline deals"

Why not?

Nobody, but NOBODY who posts such nonsense

Which bit exactly is nonsense?

And prove why.

and makes personal attacks on someone

Where?

Discussion is not a personal attack, a personal attack can be seen as a direct attack on a persons character, choices, family, race, creed etc.

To disagree with a persons point of view is not a personal attack, but an discussion or debate?

stating the obvious,

Such as?

is mature enough to have been employed by a company of the required magnitude

Interesting that as my following qualification Finance (uk) Adv.Ceemap FPC1,2,3,4,5 & CF (5 sic Adv. being the agreed or fit person status, no more "grandfathering" necessary allowed also knonw more recently as SII) I never was "employed" by any fir when working in this field except my last job as a senior underwriter (named person of 3 for the 1000 staff in a "Regulated" environment).. within Personal finance not business (which I resigned from as the dodgy stuff we all see on the news today) (look through ATS posts of mine, from before the "depression started" have metioned it...offered other such like questioners copies of Payslips and certs etc
)

Infact most of the Broker's I knew in both Personal Finance (my main experience and history)and Business were like myself self employed on a commission basis.

That is the nature of "brokering" I am sure you are aware of that?

Very Very few successful brokers receive ANY salary, but work on a percentage of the income stream basis, though as I was in all my roles broker under the umbrella of a Company or organisation to avoid the huge amount of behind the scenes paperwork and office troubles of Paralegals and secretaries, marketing, Diary management, business accounting etc.

Meet, fact find, propose and then sell your solution, is the nature of the game for all brokers whatever industry they are currently brokering in.

I am sure I am a lot older than you think as well

- in the required capacity - to 'broker' ANYTHING beyond their own payrise.

You are far from wrong lol obviously, though on occasions I have managed to increase my % of the income stream when wanted to by the amount of business I brought in, and clients introduced & retained.

By the way FTI there is no "regulated" aspect to Business brokering, brokers sit in the middle, the legal responsibilities and nuances of the contract and agreements are between the "Parties" or "Lender" and for example if using collateral in the Uk "mortagee" you may be very surprised by the number of fly bows, basically "salesmen" who I met in those capacities, earning absolutely massive incomes, who you are right were not very Mature.

I'll underpin my point again,

What Point?

And underpin with what?

since you (choose to?) ignore them or didn't (want to?) notice... Nearly EVERYthing that has happened has been in direct consequence to, or after the - rise of Kazakhstan's enrgy industry. This has been in the main, led by both western Governments (I include the UN in that of course) and energy companies.

Who ever said It was not. Did you get the impression that I said anywhere his wealth was coming from a different source than Reserves and minerals etc?

I find that strange as it was the first external information I quoted on the OP about the country, maybe you need to slowly re - read my OP.

I have stated though that I find his influence, uni lateral political status and behaviour to be not congruent with the "bargaining chips" or influence such reserves and wealth offers him. As pointed out in my last post to you about the situation if using S.Arabia for an analogy.

I stand by the above statement, and it is part of the reason I wrote the OP, his influence and ability to be on such terms and status with so many opposing countries, business and strategic alliances, esp in the last couple of months does not add up or justify to me based on OIl and minerals alone.

It seems a first in modern politics.

So no, that isn't debatable. At all.

Sorry the above reply negates that part of your post

IGNORANCE. You cannot teach it, apparently.

???

I really dont know what you are trying to get at with that, but I can assure you from my own personal experience the Dumbing down of most of the world is not supportive of that, and some of the parenting I have observed also flies in the face of such a statement.

So again if you would like to discuss and debate why you are soo sure his political influence esp in regard to breaking normal Geo-Political unwritten rules on alliances etc and public statements, and friendships etc, I look forward to it.

To support your case you might want to bring an example to the discussion of a country in history that had similar Oil and Ok lets include gold reserves to within about 10%, who have also been able to be strategic partners, with so many countries, esp the US Russia China etc whilst also openly supporting geo political "threats" to those partners.

Dont you think that may be a good place to start?

Again as asked before if you have any insight, experience, facts or information to bring to the debate here outside of your obsession with "Oil" (which is a small part of the OP) again please do. I would enjoy and appreciate that much.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow! Excellent Thread!

You may have really found an interesting point that no one has even suspected until now.

Borat is a disinfo agent!! How hilarious indeed! Which makes me wonder if their hatred for Uzbekistan is real or if its just more propaganda. What is actually funny about that movie is the scene when he is home is actually from Romania.

I need to finish reading the replies before i repeat someone.

But, I have to say, I believe you are on to something. Because of all the holes on this planet, why would Sascha Baren-Cohen choose Kazakhstan as his role, when his character actually looks a lot more Arabic or Turkish even. From what I saw from the way the president and the school kids in the sun movie, he doesn't look anything like them.

I'm with you so far though. Sold. Kazakhstan is the place to be.

5 dollars says they have a underwater tunnel to the ocean from the Caspian.

good work!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Sascha Baren Cohen, aka Ali G, aka Borat, aka Bruno, aka etc, imo is engaged in using humour to alter perceptions, to influence the group mind. As are a lot of other programs on television, as is television itself, all following the works of someone like Bernaise probably, who was Freuds nephew and instrumental in the birth of modern mass media publicity and propaganda iirc in the 1920's-30's. There is a deeprooted pscyological manipulation conspiracy at the heart of the NWO.

If you doubt me just try watching something like The Simpsons without a sense of humour, and you will have a massive insight into what the psychopathocracy is doing with the ability to manipulate group perception. These shows peddle everything from abortion to closed borders to gun control, passing it off as satire when in reality it is positive reinforcement. If you can switch off your sense of humour it becomes transparent.

Not that reality isn't ment to be fun, it is, but don't be bewitched...

For tyranny it is more important to control the minds of the majority than it is to control the bodies of the actively dissident minority. With mass mind control you can start war, you can promote racism, you can basically use ordo ab chaos, hegelian dialetic constantly, throwing the sides of society against the middle.

Sports is another incarnation of the same phenomenon. Both in the amount of money that is thrown in to them (I was surprised to read somewhere that the NBA is not even profitable) and with the confrontational nature of the entertainment, which tribalizes humans, pits them against each other, and basically seeds throughout society a "win or lose" mentality which destroys cooperation and fosters conflict. This is part of our modern death culture, as much as anything else.

We evolved tribal, we evolved in family groups, yet there is a force in modern society that is ripping this apart, replacing it with the individualistic rule of a psychopathocracy. This is ponerology.

But the group mind is still there, and it knows all and, when fully awakened, will see past the web of lies.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
Treads like this is the reason why I stick to ATS even if every good tread always is followed by some idiotic comments like the above ones.

To see the things and facts about Kasakhstan stunned me as I with others never have taken notice of this poor country in central asia...wich I thought until now!

Very great tread indeed S&F.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by m4ng4n]

Are you saying my post is idiotic? There are just a couple of reasons we (USA) are interested in Kazakhstan friend! It is a strategic staging and supply location for our wars in the area. We also want their cooperation should an event with Iran take place. That’s why we do not say anything about their friends etc. Is that to simple to be acceptable?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You must have spent alot of that (many points to prove et al) and "why not?" - really???

I've been to the moon in a boat and breathed the air in space...

"why not?"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

...I'm going back over that post again and again - you're unbelievable.

The bulk of the country's economy (and the SINGLE reason for its growth) is, well, clearly an obsession of mine.

I don't believe a thing you say about yourslef, nor has any of your posts about me done anything good for your reputation on here other than add ATS points.

If you can't keep from personal attacks, get off ATS. The sooner the better.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

...I'm going back over that post again and again - you're unbelievable.

The bulk of the country's economy (and the SINGLE reason for its growth) is, well, clearly an obsession of mine.

I don't believe a thing you say about yourslef, nor has any of your posts about me done anything good for your reputation on here other than add ATS points.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok. I read through the thread, and I still don't see what make Kazakhstan the most important country on Earth.

They have large oil reserves, but not the largest. The country is centrally located, but also land locked While it is a large country, it has a small population. It seems the president might be president for life, but apparently he is looking after his people, so he is a good president to the people. They have a plan for their capital that looks like the layout of Washington DC, and will be a stunningly beautiful city if the pictures are correct. With all the oil money coming in, why not.

Still, none of this adds up to Kazakhstan being the most important country on Earth, so why this claim?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Are you saying my post is idiotic?

replying from my point of view,

We can all get emotional debating so I wouldnt worry to much.

There are just a couple of reasons we (USA) are interested in Kazakhstan friend! It is a strategic staging and supply location for our wars in the area. We also want their cooperation should an event with Iran take place. That’s why we do not say anything about their friends etc. Is that to simple to be acceptable?

Now you are onto something worded like that.

Indeed this is the aim of this thread to Find the true reason for their influence, and also explore any alternative reasons to.

Indeed it's geographical location does indicate it's importance both for the Arabian peninsula, the Caucus, China and Rusiia etc, so this must be a huge driver, though if were the case I would suggest one of the superpowers would have bullied, plied with money and diplomatically tried to have had more influence than any of the other ones by now.

Basically I am amazed the country has not been put on a "leash" as such yet.

Still with all this and the wealth, and the future strategic and mineral issues it still to me does seem he has an ace up his sleeve that only the other players are aware of.

reply to post by mahtoosacks

I must be clear here with this,

Though I am not denying the possibility lol, The entire Borat Dis info agent was made in jest at the end of the post to add humour. Though I agree entirely, and am aware of the manipulative power of television and the media, and its usage on perceptions and beliefs, that remark was not meant seriously at all. I am sure some will find affinity with that part of the OP but to be honest I see Sacha as just a very fine comedian, very intelligent indeed and excellent at doing unusual things, and going a bit beyond the normal "Boundaries", but really I dont think in any way he is a puppet of an organisation and choose Khazakhstan, for any such reason.

In fact the reason he did choose it is probably down to the mis conception we all seem to have about this country, myself included until I researched it a bit, and if any of the development of the country gets into mass consciousness and awareness and MSM his character is dead as its basis will be gone. He would have been better choosing a neighboring one, for longevity of his character and therefore$ and career builder (esp the US he is big in the UK for Ali G) and would have done if he knew what was really going on there, surely.

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

You must have spent alot of that

Spent a lot of what?

(many points to prove [elf]et al)

About what, that is points to prove?

BTW the highlighted and italic text above makes no sense.

Are you insinuating that I have many points to prove to not you singularly but there is a host of others to?

Even in that loosely used way or incorrect way of using the term Et Al it still makes not much sense in the context you frame it in.

and "why not?" - really???

Exactly why not? Do you think that all members who post here are dole bums who have no education or life experience?

Please that is insulting, ATS draws a very very wide mix of contributers, and some may fall into the category you insinuate, but many do not.

You are on dodgy ground there my friend, please think before you post such things.

I've been to the moon in a boat and breathed the air in space...

By you using the oldest debating trick, as first explained and exemplified in Ancient Greece, wag the finger and make fun of the proposer, and continue to do so until this becomes the nature of the debate remembered, do you seriously think you will get anywhere.

By You making an really obvious outlandish claim, against a factual description by myself, another ancient debate method, do you really think those who have read my posts in their threads, and such like over the years in ATS will take any notice of your approach.

Surely some may, but a lot of the readers here are above such cheap and well trodded paths, they are sick of it see it in the chamber and house every day with politicians, and that is why they seek the truth here.

Your untruth does not negate my truth Vagabond!

"why not?"
9as posted by elf "why not"

Exactly why not?

...I'm going back over that post again and again

I bet you are
Pity you never answered as requested to the points and again went on a personal attack.

- you're unbelievable.

That is a personal opinion of yours, it does not make the truth an untruth vagabond.

A blind man saying there is no colours does not mean colours do not exist!

Usually people who are obsessed lack "situational" awareness or fail to see the "Big picture", also usually they actually have some facts, lots of them sourced to bring to bear in discussing their obsession with others?

Please do bring those facts to the debate as I have continually asked.

I don't believe a thing you say about yourslef,

That is your choice, I dont really care to be honest what you think as again it cant in any way affect the truth or facts.

nor has any of your posts about me done anything good for your reputation on here other than add ATS points.

I dont really care about "Reputation" vagabond, you really have no idea of my dissasociation with my ego, and again if you had read many of my posts on such topics it is plain.

This is a virtual arena I will never ever post my photo or very accurate personally identifiable info on anything to do with ATS, well at least as MischeviousElf, as some of the political points I have made in the past and will continue to do, and also as for example someone I really care about is soon to be, in a country that I have outed Dis info agents on the web who used ATS, have put lots of info on their barbaric methods here and elsewhere, all linkable to my ATS profile...and if a link was made there is the real possibility of them coming to harm or at least hassle by a dictatorship.

So my "Reputation" on here is of no value to me anyhow I dont do such things. The only Value it has is the readers, members, and mods staff who for years have seen my contributions, their consistency in the message, and my "personality" on here as such. Some may like yourself not like it, but I know my standing is pretty solid Vaga Bond.

I dont as well do posts "about you", they dont give me "points" by spending time replying to you, I have more than enough anyhow for any of my puposes here.

I have created an OP, you responded, I broke down your post asking for clarification or commenting on it, trying to get you to add to the debate on Kazahkstan, you profess great expertise and contact in this area. I genuinely have tried to be patient and get you to contribute with some ON TOPIC information.

Again you are just saying what I said back to me , though I never told you get off ATS and assumed it would be a good thing, you are just distracting from the topic and bringing nothing useful to the debate.

So Vagabond considering the last quoted text please stay on topic bring something of your info on this area to the OP, and if you try and reduce the ATS quality of the boards by similar actions here or to other posters, myself (certainly not in the top quality of some contributers here) or others again and I notice it I will make complaints about you. And until you now add something worthwhile I will ignore your posts.

BTW you posted your last post twice, whilst still able use the "edit" button and please do add some data, links and your own thoughts on the reasons behind your conviction that energy is the only driver behind this high strangeness in Kazakhstan.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by MischeviousElf]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Kazakhstan - The Most Important Country on Earth?

Well, let's have a bit of perspective here. Ukrainia and Russia also have lots of oil and metals and are resource rich.

Lot's of countries courted Bush's people and lots of them will court Obama's people -- that's how it is with the USA.

Anyone who wants to make China happy, doesn't recognize Taiwan. That's just the price of entry with them.

If you just learned about Kazakhstan -- it would seem like a lot of information here in this post. But if you just learned about France, you'd have a lot more to dig through. Every country has UFO reports.

Well, this is the first one officially creating a landing pad -- so that is Unique.

It is good to learn more about these other "stans" in the world. But while the information for "big things happening" in Kaz is quite a bit of new information -- it doesn't rival a weeks of news of what is going on in Canada for comparison.

Likely, there are political machinations and big deals going on everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thanks.

Well As the claim was made with a question mark at the end I wanted to discuss it, and also bring to light some of their activities and importance.

Both that is now as is evident, but also it appears very much so in the future.

And indeed like yourself why they seem to treated as such by the superpowers, and as rightly pointed out they dont appear to have enough of the black gold etc to justify this.

Certainly it appears it is one of the most important countries anywhere at the moment as far as Russia, China and the US are concerned.

As stated several times they have Uni lateral decision making ability on their Geo Political stance and partners, with no regard at all to what the worlds superpowers think of their stance against their ongoing and set out alliances and world strategies, as shown with Taiwan, Iran etc.

Also there is the strangeness with regard to the stated by an very high profile person the mention of an underwater UFO base, and certainly from an NWO and masonic point of view the re-inventing and creations be made in the capital are of real note and unrivalled imho even in much talked about similar places like Abu Dubai.

Maybe just maybe to they have the first recovered "orbs" as I linked to.

So I meant it as an open question, to draw these things together, and to explore the leaders really behind the scenes power. The fact all of this is going on and has been with hardly any knowledge of it in the West , even much discussion or rather collating of the different aspects as I have done in the alternative scene points to something as well.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Kazakhstan's scarce democratic principles continue to wither. In the past several years, the president has harassed the independent media, arrested opposition leaders, and passed a law making it virtually impossible for new political parties to form. In Dec. 2005, President Nazarbayev was reelected with 91% of the vote. In May 2007, Parliament voted to do away with term limits, thus allowing President Nazarbayev to remain in office indefinitely

You make some great points and it is true that Kazakhstan is a very powerful and resource rich nation that deserves more international recognition BUT I disagree with your portrayal of President Nazarbayev.

The reason Kazakstan has been so successful in its modernization and economic development is precisely because President Nazarbayev is a great leader and is therefore genuinely supported by a large majority of the the country's population and not by political manipulations as your external quote seems to suggest.

By the way, Kazakstan's dominant religion is Islam and well...I see now that many Westerners still do not understand that most Islamic nations benefit from a strong, and decisive top-down leadership structure to keep subversive religious elements in check. Remember what happened when we toppled Saddam?

Either way, great thread and keep up the good work !

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join