It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dredging of Pollutants Begins in Hudson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Dredging of Pollutants Begins in Hudson

www.nytimes.com

MOREAU, N.Y. — Twenty-five years after the federal government declared a long stretch of the Hudson River to be a contaminated Superfund site, the cleanup of its chief remaining source of pollution began here Friday with a single scoop of mud extracted by a computer-guided dredge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how much this superfund clean up site has cost the tax payers in the 25 years it took to get started?

I can't bring myself to accept that it's OK to have mega-corporations so closely intertwined with government policy.

Where have we been on this mound of chemical gifts evacuated by industry on the environment, of which we are now so demonstrably a part?

Our 'elite' are killing us. Whether on purpose is not; they appear quite genuinely disinclined to stop it.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Our 'elite' are killing us. Whether on purpose is not; they appear quite genuinely disinclined to stop it.

I agree. It has been an us versus them situation for many years. Not just because they’re against what is good for us if it conflicts with what they want, but because they're damaging our earth and our bodies.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It is truly horrifying. What they are doing to us, by way of destroying the planet, should be considered a capital crime.

The main obstacle to justice is, in the grander scheme of things, that the duly appointed executors of justice are a relatively inexpensive commodity which they long ago purchased away from civil society.

new topics

top topics

join