It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Drug Americas Youth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
yeah i knew these hitlers were gonna start doing this.

i remember that one episode where tom green was blowing cigarrette smoke down babies's throats in publiic. maaaan. lol these people wanted to beat him!!!

i mean i dont blame them. but its sort of like how they want to drug children.

these kids will be fiendlike zombies once they reach middle school. sadly.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by topsecretombomb]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I noticed a trend in my area actually in reference to this. I am a father of 3 boys, and they recommended 2 of them go on drugs for hyper activity, and suggested AHDD. With the two they suggested this with, it was at around age 4/5. And both times I absolutly refused and you know what....they are just fine now. Its like teachers don't want to deal with kids anymore. I dont really think its the doctors doing it, they will give them whatever you suggest a lot of the time. Its the schools who recommend these things. And its a bunch of BS in a lot of situations, its deffinetly overly diagnosed. My wife freaked out the first time when they said ahdd, and I said no freaking way, this is a normal kid, with a lot of energy. I knew better, when I was growing up in the 80's I had a friend who did have ahdd (they called it something else then I think) and hyper activity and he was on meds and OMG, he was a zombie, poor kid, but he did need the meds. But watching how they effected him, it was like someone took his spirit away. I would never do that to my kids...NEVER.
Its overly perscribed, and to many things are overly diagnosed by NON PROFESIONALS. And when you go to the doctor and tell him what they said, the doc is more than likely to take thier word for it.

just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can verify that the drugging of America is not limited to children. If you have any sort of physcological issue, even mundane ones like a learning disorder, the first option you will be given is medication. Its just our American culture: we want the easiest, fastest solution. I have Asperger's Syndrome, which is often described as social dyslexia and can be treated easily by simply realizing that you have it and working around it. BUT since the symptoms resemble both AHDD and OCD I got pills thrown at me right and left when I was diagnosed as an adult. The doctor's were genuinely surprised I didn't want Prozac or Ritalin, because everyone else did.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

None of this TIME OUT bull$hit, none of this lets put the kid on drugs, a good old fashioned ass whooping and grounding. It works miracles.

Ocelot, amen, brother. My mother never gave me that $hit. If i screwed up, I got the backside of my mother's hand. Hurt like hell, lemme tell ya what. Never got grounded though. But I didnt need it...I got hit once, man, that was it! She has a slap that can kill a buffalo, I tell ya. I'm 21 now, and im a decent person because of it.

BTW, good to see ya again, Ocelot!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is a subject which recently cropped up for me personally, scrub out the America nd the youth in the title and replace it with World and people, It isn't just children the pharmaceutical companies are aiming at ...I feel a conspiracy on a grand scale is going on here and it is truly frightening, worse than any of the doomsayers predictions, I mean we are being drugged and turned into robots to fall into line more than we know. Take my case and a few people in my family for instance, I come from a lad back, open minded and questioning family, I have been brought up to believe in what I feel I need to believe in, I aren't religious or disturbed, But, I was suffering from depression and was prescribed a Serotonin uptake inhibitor or Cipralex for the better name. All the members of my family who have been on this drug can no longer engage in conversation we could before, (You will have to take my word for that), It seems thinking is harder, we are also prone to fits of rage or temper which NEVER happened before this, What is frightening about this is , It feels like some part of my identity has changed, and although yes the depression has gone, and it helped me go through a difficult time, the side effects wee not worth it for me personally, I wonder if i am the only person who thinks this, and thinks somehow we are being duped, and re-programmed, with the combination of fluoride in the water and mass prescription I am really starting to wonder. You can call me paranoid, but, I know how i and other people were before they were prescribed anti-depressants and now Me, and those other people will never be the same again. Excellent post ocelot

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it is ridiculous and an excuse in most cases. No one(parents,teachers) wants to deal with the children, as the world is such a frantic place now, with work, school activities, sports, etc.. I have read so much about children placed on numerous drugs, and now teenagers on anti-depressents. Heck isn't that what we are supposed to be like when teenagers, and hormones go wild? Didn't we all lock ourselves in our rooms occasionally, listen to brooding music, and insist no one liked us?
I am very lucky that the elementary school teacher my very high strung daughter has now does not believe in ADHD/ADD, except in extreme cases and when diagnosed by a neurologist. My daughter is bright, funny, and sweet, and I would never dampen her spirit with drugs. She is not a troublemaker, but just a bit busy. Guess what? If you keep her pretty structured, with appropriate things to do, and don't keep her in front of a TV constantly, don't let her eat a ton of sugar, and basically keep her busy doing things that she enjoys, she is a-ok. Yeah its a lot of work, but no one said being a parent is easy. I am sure there is a need for these things with children and teenagers in certain cases, but it seems to have become a crutch, and I don't like the idea of all of these children growing up that way. I forgot to add that the idea of the courts being involved in these cases is just terrifying to me! No one will ever force me to give my child drugs for behavorial issues alone, unless the child is a danger to themselves, or others.. Just my 2 cents...

[edit on 10-6-2004 by frogs453]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight
Ocelot, amen, brother. My mother never gave me that $hit. If i screwed up, I got the backside of my mother's hand. Hurt like hell, lemme tell ya what. Never got grounded though. But I didnt need it...I got hit once, man, that was it! She has a slap that can kill a buffalo, I tell ya. I'm 21 now, and im a decent person because of it.

BTW, good to see ya again, Ocelot!

Yeah James I understand completely. I got my ass wupped a couple of times when I was a kid by not only my parents but by my grandma also. I remember I used to spend the summers with her and everytime I did some dumb # I got a belt right on my ass. And I deserved it every single time. And like you said.... I am also a better person today because of it.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
You can call me paranoid, but, I know how i and other people were before they were prescribed anti-depressants and now Me, and those other people will never be the same again. Excellent post ocelot

I dont think you're paranoid at all.

There's a reason I started this thread since I once suffered from depression and was prescribed this type of medicine. It made me feel like Shyte so I stopped taking it. And I'll never take any of it again ever. What pisses me off is that doctors prescribe these things like they were candy. It's like nobody is allowed to be sad or depressed anymore....... no take this pill and you'll feel.....well nothing.

df1

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If you wish to truely determine the effectiveness of the prescribed drug on your child you should substitute a placebo rather than just halting the administration of the drug. Just some advice based on experience.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I hope you got applause for this thread ocelot, coz you deserve it, the doctors prescribing Anti depressants like candy is VERY worrying, it seems it is trendy these days to be depressed, since depression has been recognized as an illness it seems to be spreading like wildfire, It seems to be like the slightest thing wrong and its " Oh don't worry you are depressed take these" I think it's about time pharmaceutical companies were investigated.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi all

I am new to this board but I have been reading it the past few days with fascination. I have some opinions/theories on the pharmaceutical drug problem. It is probably more a social commentary though.

I believe that the way society is constructed is such that people are constantly told to deny their feelings. If it isn't a good feeling we are told to push it aside and ignore it and seek out something that does feel good.

Or we are encouraged to "deal with it" by accepting it exists and find ways to change our way of thinking so it stops bothering us - again denying that it is actually real and exists and we don't properly deal with the feelings we just look for an efficient means to convince ourselves why we should stop feeling that way.

Mental health professionals Society and Families constantly "reprogram" peoples way of thinking. How often have you felt your feelings werent taken into account or felt manipulated when you were told to stop acting a certain way. People should have the free will to make their own decisions about whatever they do - god or bad. But people should always have the right to defend themselves against such characters.

But i also recognize that there are manipulative people out there who will conveniently use their emotions against people to try and get what they want. It is up to the individual to listen to their spirit or common sense or higher self or whatever you want to call it - listen to your gut and it will always guide you to your own truth.

I believe that were someone to live my life as I have lived mine that the emotions I feel are the exact same ones anyone would feel would they have been in my shoes. So I don't judge anyone and I feel confident that i can trust my emotions and common sense to tell me when things are right or not.

It is absolutely no surprise to me how many people are depressed because they are essentially not allowed to have feelings and i am not suprised more women than men are depressed because they are encouraged to have feelings but if the feelings go outside the norm then they are being "too emotional" - too many double standrds in this life.

It is no wonder or surprise to me that the amount of adults and children that need medication for mental health problems is so high. People are trained to ignore deny and push their feelings aside. This is to ensure people don't think independantly and do not question the things that are around them. Anti-depressants will not cure depression.

I truly wish people and society and families would recognize the power of their words and actions over someone who cares about them. People can be cruel and heartless and this hurts people.

I truly believe in kindness and caring for self and others. I am not "religious" but i am very spiritual. i believe the "heart" of religion means to do well but the very structure of religion forces it to be corrupt. You can't tell people to be good they have to understand why it is important to be good and they have to "want" to be good. So when people wake up and question ALL that is around them - only then can change occur.

Anyways its just my thoughts - i do blame society and government and families for contributing to the downfall of our human mind by influencing us everyday to ignore it. Because I believe we are all very similar in our spirit and it is our environment and influences in our life that shape who we are. It is really true we can't help who we are - we just are.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
I hope you got applause for this thread ocelot, coz you deserve it, the doctors prescribing Anti depressants like candy is VERY worrying, it seems it is trendy these days to be depressed, since depression has been recognized as an illness it seems to be spreading like wildfire, It seems to be like the slightest thing wrong and its " Oh don't worry you are depressed take these" I think it's about time pharmaceutical companies were investigated.

Yeah exactly. Like I said it's like nobody is allowed to be depressed or sad anymore.

Life is a series of ups and downs. That's just the way things are. When you start drugging people to supress the way a person feels that's incredibly dangerous. Our ability to think and feel is what makes human beings special...... if we take that away then what are we?

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think the media plays a fairly sizeable part in this 'wave of depression.' I'm going to try and avoid getting into a huge argument about the effect of media on our children etc etc. Hell, ATS is a form of media, isn't it? That can be saved for another forum thread another day.
Suffice to say I'm a media student and have been studying some theories for a while now about how an audience intakes the media. To put it generally, an audience is inevitably going to intake a lot of what the media throws at us. Now if you think about how modern society is where kids (like me?) turn to TV because their parents don't have time for them due to jobs etc. then they will turn to the media to help with their insecurites. Meanwhile, the media throws images at us of these perfectly-cheekboned celebrities and near enough tell us 'this is how you are meant to be.' Is it any surprise people are insecure and depressed? The problem is bad enough here in the UK, I have quite a few friends who have been on depression medication including my ex-girlfriend. In the US where the media is generally less subtle I'm sure the problems are just as bad if not worse.
Previously when a right-wing group had said 'we must protect our children from this' I would have laughed it off. However, in a small way I can see their point though I don't actually know whether this ideology comes from a general worry about 'depressed kids' or just media-phobism.

The question is, what to do?
Also, everyone knows what it was like growing up in their teens, with all those hormones flying around the blues inevitably set in. I've had a few times when I've felt really, really down and I've put it down to, well, 'the blues' I guess. Is it possible that this is what teenagers are feeling? It's difficult to know, to say the least.........

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
the thing about pharmeceutical companys is that sometimes they have leaks in their business/products and dont even know about it. its rediculous i would presume. i think things like this can only happen based on how smart our children are.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HobNob
The question is, what to do?
Also, everyone knows what it was like growing up in their teens, with all those hormones flying around the blues inevitably set in. I've had a few times when I've felt really, really down and I've put it down to, well, 'the blues' I guess. Is it possible that this is what teenagers are feeling? It's difficult to know, to say the least.........

I think you're argument that the media plays a big part in this is a valid one.

And yes like you said, being a teenager is hard..... but hey so is life in general. We all have our good days and our bad days. That's just the way things are.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

FDA Mum On Suicidal Side Effects?
(CBS) Congress is investigating whether the FDA -- which is supposed to protect the public -- sat on medical evidence and failed to act quickly on a possible link between anti-depressants and suicidal behavior in children, reports CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.

With ten million American kids a year prescribed Paxil or other popular anti-depressants, the question of whether the drugs actually cause suicidal behavior in children is crucial.

Last summer, a link was revealed in data from Paxil's maker, GlaxoSmithKline.

"It has us worried," said an FDA internal document.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Child warning on anti-depressants
The majority of the most commonly prescribed type of anti-depressants should not be given to people under 18, says the Department of Health.

The advice follows a review by medical experts set up to look at the safety of SSRIs after concerns that they made some patients suicidal.

It found the risks of certain SSRIs outweighed the benefits of treatment.

However, patients taking the drugs have been told not to stop taking them without medical supervision.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
but see its too late everyone, these kids are already hooked on stuff like vicadin, oxycotin, anti-deppressants. what comes next once you have a majority of kids who all need to be cleaned at clinics, are we gonna have certain medicines or alternatives? these kids start early and a bill that will state kids need to be over the age of 18 is just ubsurd, because theyve been exposed to them already.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's not only legal drugs it's illegal drugs that are being handed out to America's youth, susceptible to the pleasurable effects of any of these drugs keep them passified, keeps them from questioning anything and everything life passes them by it's no doubt a crutch for the weak who get into later on in life but I feel bad for the children to are put on it without really knowing what it is. There's no doubt children who do have some problem that need to be taken care of chemically however it seems that that number has surprising spiked in recent decades. (closer to NWO???) Legal drugs such as AD's and such work for those in the system and pot, coke, whatever keeps people passified who tend to live outside the so called system. Fact of the matter is we're no doubt living in a pharmaceutical world I personally don't touch a pill unless it is necessary for my survival. No pain medication unless it's out of control no over the counter medicine whatsoever and without a doubt to illgal substances ever. The key to staying on the ball is having a level head. DON"T BE TRANQUILIZED

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join