It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Why is it that the majority of truth and exposure videos so reminiscent of old propaganda films?

By that I mean with the extreme music, flashing images and inserted text. The pauses and double takes of this said usually without any context to what was being said. Very,very few videos try to place things in a straight forward manner that is relaxing and informative. Yes, that style is neither flashy nor exciting; yet, I think it would allow a viewer to see the topic as a serious subject and not some sort of bizarre music video.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Interesting viewpoint. You are correct in alot of ways. I have noticed this myself, and it puts me off alot of videos because of such tactics, as it tends to distract from actually the viewer forming their own conclusion.

i suspect the reason, at least from my point of view, is that most 9/11 turth movies seem to be done by ameteurs simply mimicing the same tactics and production techniques used by the mainstream media, which basically uses propaganda techniques and such on a regular basis.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
in a nutshell?

... it would seem the need or cause for a WOW factor. attention getter, if you will.

While I don't adhere nor agree with/support any given theory, currently being profered or purveyed, there would seem valid questions worthy "official" answer, in the grand scheme of things.

$.02

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Most documentaries have music and pretty much everything else you mentioned. I would imagine most of the 911 videos do it so they can be seen as "legitimate". The more professional the video looks, the more credibility it will appear to have for those that see it. People, in general, are not very bright and since we live in a super consumer based society, packaging and selling the goods congruent to the present market conditions, are essential in selling your product.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I guess I didn't express myself well enough. It is the flashy, child-like productions that I find annoying. What I lament is the lack of "boring" documentary style presentation that would treat the subject matter as serious.

granted the average person that creates these videos does not have the press credentials nor access to conduct a proper interview. But plenty of footage exists to present things in a straightforward manner as opposed reeling 15 seconds of film back and forth at various speeds with odd and unrelated music into a 2.5 minute video.

I would guess that newer videos just follow the formula of earlier rapidly done, sloppy video as either homage, lack of inspiration or to be formulated genre in that "the smoking gun" evidence is unacceptable in some manner if it were done in a traditional format.

While I know it makes me sound like the old guy yelling "get off my lawn, with your hap-hop* disco music", would not a more serious decorum in presentation give a better foundation to presenting a point to the public at large?

* purposeful mistake used to create imagery.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Which ones are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about the more popular ones like Loose Change, 911 Mysteries, etc. or some of the others that are produced be individuals that basically just sit home on their computer, throw shet together and post it on youtube?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I guess I didn't express myself well enough. It is the flashy, child-like productions that I find annoying. What I lament is the lack of "boring" documentary style presentation that would treat the subject matter as serious.

granted the average person that creates these videos does not have the press credentials nor access to conduct a proper interview. But plenty of footage exists to present things in a straightforward manner as opposed reeling 15 seconds of film back and forth at various speeds with odd and unrelated music into a 2.5 minute video.

I would guess that newer videos just follow the formula of earlier rapidly done, sloppy video as either homage, lack of inspiration or to be formulated genre in that "the smoking gun" evidence is unacceptable in some manner if it were done in a traditional format.

While I know it makes me sound like the old guy yelling "get off my lawn, with your hap-hop* disco music", would not a more serious decorum in presentation give a better foundation to presenting a point to the public at large?

* purposeful mistake used to create imagery.

My opinion is that it's flashy to distract you from the fact that...there are no facts
A great example of this is the loose change dvd's those kids put out.

top topics

join