It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wanted to start a new thread on timeline shifts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I loved the thread and wondered if people are still experiencing this, or has it simply stopped? How about more deja vu? Sometimes people say that deja vu is actually a glimpse into alternate realities(at least that was what they said on Fringe last week). I just wondered if there's nothing going on or if everyone just simply forgot about the thread?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Can you specify which thread you are talking about?

Anyways, I believe that deja vu can be seen as point of intersection between alternate realities. Quantum physicists have gone to a great extent trying to explain the coming about of possible collisions between membranes (basically parallel universes) which I believe are the result of these deja vu experiences.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Estess]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh sorry here is the link :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I couldn't edit the op.IDK why???

Anyway here's another thread about the same:
and this one...

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I think that it is important to differentiate between the natural human state of "deja vu" and that which may be ascribed to inter-dimensional coincidence.

As human beings, part of the working of the brain is to take a "snapshot" of circumstances so that processing a similar circumstance is "speeded" up, rather than having to be cognitive of all events.

It is based on predictive behaviour and follows rules of recognition that allow us to pre-empt a situation and deal with it in a proactive manner. Think of catching a ball in flight, our brain predicts the path based on empirical experience and allows us to intercept the ball in flight.

The same can be said of some deja vu experiences, where the circumstances for appraisal of an apparently new situation are such that they coincide exactly with previous experiences and offer the conclusion that they *are* the same.

This should be differentiated from what we may call "true" deja vu where an experience is actually repeated seemingly to the smallest detail, but, with our free will and ability to interact with the event still available.

The key here is *how* do we differentiate? Is there a physical attribute that we can cross-check, what element of time can we investigate to determine the impact of events (e.g. lost time)?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've never had the first type of deja vu you mentioned, only the exact people the exact same situation and the exact same surroundings and this usually includes places I have not been to prior.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is great! Start this thread and people can add to it.

The other thread was getting very long.

Suggestion - put links to the other threads (more than one) that are about timeline shifts so that people can see them and refer back to them.

Edit the original post and put them there ... and then we can all add to this SHORTER and easier to get around thread.

I like it. Excellent idea.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But how would you know? The brain is good but it generally relies on predictive patterns of behaviour to operate at high speed. It is like a spot the difference thing when a picture is flashed for 3 seconds and after a blank interval apparently the same picture is flashed. The brain will pick out obvious differences, but it will not realise the multitude of smaller differences and conclude that the pictures are the same - but something just doesn't feel right.

Entering a situation whereby "everything" appears to be the same is not a definitive deja vu experience unless we have some other mechanism to measure the reality of what we perceive. For instance, the other people confirming that they've seen us same place that we have never been before.

This is not to discount experiences, only to indicate that we can only present subjective statements of perception until we can discern a method of measuring and confirming the events.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder has anybody experienced this one? Ok, I watch several programs weekly that I like. One of the programs I swear advertised that they were playing their season finale the next week. But instead they played a repeat of the week prior(this happened over several months ago). Anyway, that is what happened then the following week they played the season finale. I don't know if the station mis advertised or simply played the wrong episode over again, and I wasn't paying attention to the dates so It could have said in two weeks, but still why play a repeat and not a new episode as the finale was a week away? It made no sense to me?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The most interesting related thread I have seen on this topic was the one about dead celebrities. Lists of people that we all (or many) thought died years ago but who were in fact still alive.

That was odd, and unlike personal anecdotes it was easy to confirm that they were still alive.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes, but I took it as a mix up on the part of whoever was responsible for the scheduling or my ears playing tricks on me than a case of deja vu.

I've had many deja vu experiences where I will be going somewhere and once the deja vu kicks in I will know exactly what is going to happen and be said only seconds before. It's kind of creepy when it happens. It's been awhile since I've experienced it though.

I've also had times where everything will suddenly take on a dream-like quality and I'm physically there but everything is just off and don't quite feel like I am completely inside myself and everything slows down. Not quite slow-motion, but slower than normal. During some of these episodes I have seen things that couldn't possibly be there, a jungle in southern Wisconsin for example and a black panther where there were no large cats for hundreds of miles. Whether that's me getting glimpses of another time-line or something else is up for debate, but it's happened several times and aren't creepy to me like the deja vu is.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I also seem to still be experiencing this phenomenon. Some examples; confusion with celebrities that are alive/dead, extreme personality and/or behavioral changes in friends or co-workers, changes in movies/music, and I feel as if I am caught in a deja vu loop. Lately I feel as if I have done all this before.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
deja vu and time line shifts are two different things.

Deja Vu is the feeling that it has 'happened before' and you know a split second before something happens what will happen next.

Example of a timeline shift - Russians were also on the moon. (I distinctly remember a scuffle with the USA over their landing sites.)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It can be related, in theory a deja vu may happen because your double in another timeline has already been there done that. It was one of the theories put out there in one of the other threads. I distinctly remember a lot of nasty fighting in Ireland with the IRA and bombings because Of them in the 80's but find no evidence on this online at all! Does anyone else remember that?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
The most interesting related thread I have seen on this topic was the one about dead celebrities. Lists of people that we all (or many) thought died years ago but who were in fact still alive.

That was odd, and unlike personal anecdotes it was easy to confirm that they were still alive.

that was interesting. I had thought some people were dead too long before now. One was the actress from golden girls I thought she died several years ago.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Yes, but I took it as a mix up on the part of whoever was responsible for the scheduling or my ears playing tricks on me than a case of deja vu.

I've had many deja vu experiences where I will be going somewhere and once the deja vu kicks in I will know exactly what is going to happen and be said only seconds before. It's kind of creepy when it happens. It's been awhile since I've experienced it though.

I've also had times where everything will suddenly take on a dream-like quality and I'm physically there but everything is just off and don't quite feel like I am completely inside myself and everything slows down. Not quite slow-motion, but slower than normal. During some of these episodes I have seen things that couldn't possibly be there, a jungle in southern Wisconsin for example and a black panther where there were no large cats for hundreds of miles. Whether that's me getting glimpses of another time-line or something else is up for debate, but it's happened several times and aren't creepy to me like the deja vu is.

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting.

new topics

top topics

join