Best weapons to own when TSHTF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Our Best weapon will be the strength in numbers and belief that things can get better.

Addition Taking Action for the right change is our best weapon.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.livestream.com... Anthony from the Opie and Anthony show(XM/Sirius Satellite Radio) mornings ,New York City USA,does many shows about guns and home invasions,self -protection.Some shows are recorded so you can sort through topics by hitting the "on demand" button. WARNING:Not Safe For Work language and content WARNING: His ideas and opinions expressed are his own and no reflection of host MOGULUS . WARNING :Sexual Language Content WARNING : ADULT Language....NOT fun for the whole family,not PG,not rated R. Average viewership is in the hundreds even when not LIVE. Top viewership for first week of shows 1500 due to the O&A show popularity(similar to Howard Stern show). Risque' Humor. Outrageous and Offensive Language.This radio personality has TOO MANY guns and lives in a millionaire mansion. He also LOVES to drive the speed limit....um. 10 NRA memberships will be prized to viewers,since he supports NRA to preserve 2nd ammendment rights for individuals for self-protection.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Get a hand crank radio and start buying ammo and can goods especially water. Its hard to get ammo for mini 14 and sks. everyone is sold out or on back order. 22's will do the job...just shoot the little aliens bastards in the head if you have to...a good scope would help too and do not forget the night vision goggles...I think the swhtf in six months...get ready and the most importangt thing is a gas mask...get them now before the prices go up 1000% on everything... falcon51

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah I need to get me a wind up radio and possibly a cb radio. I just got a gas mask from my brother (his old gasmask bong lol) its a really nice gasmask tho. I just need to get a canister to clean the air. And as soon asz I stock up on about 150 200 shotgun shells I'm gettin me a rifle asap.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You will want one high-powered bolt action rifle for hunting game... I would suggest either a 30-06 or .308 chambered rifle.

For self defense reasons, you'll want to carry two servicable weapons with a minimum of moving parts for ease of cleaning/maintenance. I'd suggest a 9MM revolver (automatics can jam), and an assualt rifle using either 5.56 or 7.62. Personally, I'd take the M-14 because I'm familiar with the weapon and it's reliability, power, and accuracy have all been proven in the most demending of environments... combat.

If it comes down to knives... good luck.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainPower
Okay, so provided that TSHTF what kind of weapons would you want laying around?

Having a gun would be great, but eventually you will run out of bullets.

I think (besides guns) it would be best to own a bow and few knives of every size. 2-3 pocket knives, a few mid-size knives, daggers, etc.. a short sword, a longsword, and some sort of pole weapon like a spear.

what do y'all think?

The best weapons to own when shtf or even TEOTWAWKI is what you currently have now and are proficient with.

Any weapon for protection such as a battle rifle, shotgun, pistol...preferrably all three.

You'll need something to hunt with...if you're in an area where that is an option. A .22 and or a shotgun will be fine.

Skills with archery would certainly be valuable.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Well, whether you know it or not, these items are important to survival, as well as medical supplies,
antibiotics, salt and water cleaning tablets. The wellingtons and raincoat may help you to prevent
pneumonia. What about dental work? I Googed "survival dentistry" and came up with a lot of hits.

ntvp0s

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Many people buy 7.62's and .223's for the main reason that when some Army shlumps come
around to rape and loot your fambly, you can take their goodies away from them after you
annihilate the threat and contribute the stuff to you camping equipment. I've always thought how
nice it would be to get some nice toys from naughty babies since I was a kid.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i dont know how the ar/m16s handle but i love my ak-47 and mosin nagants they have never failed to fire rounds down range.recoil with the mosin will dislocate yer shoulder if you dont hold it properly though lol

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A bottle of water and a good pair of running shoes if you want to live. Guns and lots of ammo if you are ready to die. Just saying. You waited to late America. You sat on your tushies too long. Run or die.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My two cents worth!
A really good knife {I have a Tanto}, a axe {those tomahawks are sweet and practical} and a entrenching tool{ Army issue folding shovel} For firearms a 22 is both economical and easy to use by a novice. A over-under 22/20 gives ya a rifle for small game and a shotgun for big game. That is economy of space! Assuming you were going to have to use a gun against any person I recomend a Russian ak or sks. Both rifles are simple to use, can take a tremendous amount of abuse and being simple rifles are easy to clean and maintain. One thing I've noticed about alot of posts here about the rifles is everyone wanting to have a large bullet capacity. Stick with 10 rd. clips and mags. Easier to keep track of ammo and helps you conserve also. Make every shot count!! Forget full auto you waste bullets. There is a lot more to shooting than "pulling" the trigger! I own a russian sks and a pre-ban ar-15, Both are dependable rifles, The ar has been in the family for years {pre-ban} and we have had few jams.{maybe 3 } The sks is a solid dependable rifle and actually pretty accurate. Novices I recomend if you do get a rifle practice with it. Zeroing in the sights are a must! It is not just point a pull the trigger. Swords require some practice so learn if you want to be affective, your not cool if your dead!
The slingshot is a brilliant idea and easy to practice with. Hey you can even figure out what makes good shot ahead of time. Bows and crossbows I have not experience with them, so I will say make sure your proficient. Spears, well they are one of our first weapons learn it's use. As for explosives yea better you than me and molotave cock tails why waste good booze?
A bottle of Jack is a universal trade good!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My personal picks are a 9mm pistol (CZ-75B, never missed a beat during the 6k rounds i've put through it) and a 7.62x39 rifle (VZ-58, modified to take an optical sight). My reasons?

- Both calibers are used local military and LE and i happen to know locations to some militarys back up depots

-Extreme reliability

-I'm familiar with these, i shoot 2k/year with these (including My race gun that is a CZ similar to my "survival" pistol)

-VZ has a suppressor and i have self loaded subsonics with a 12g bullets that allow semiautomatic action and accurate range out to 150m.

PS. Use gasoline mixed with sulphur and tar for your molotovs if you want to use them for their original purpose. and don't put rags into the mouth of the bottle. Tie the ingnitor (rag, burning stick, bundle of matches) to the side of the bottle, that way the molotov wont be wasted if the bottle does not brake
Take this from a member of the army that gave this vicious little weapon its name
TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN and know how to do most repairs on your guns, like replacing firing pins, extractors etc. (and study what are the weak points of your weapons and get the spares while you can.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by northwolf]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Screw weapons, all i need are matches, sleeping stuff and a tent.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

And when someone wants your tent?

Americans, hold on dearly to your right to bear arms, opressive governments are rising all over the world. Disarming nations with false claims of security.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
well in the UK guns are banned so its hard and illegal to have them but if civil war came i am sure they would be going around easily to buy one however if i couldnt get one i'd stick to my trusty weapons like knives, machettes, sling shots, blow guns and homemade chemical weapons maybe even traps. i'd advise you not to follow me.

I'd be the one constantly moving probally in a group/gang so a good weapon would be consealment and be able to go around helping people to earn trust. abit like the legend of robin hood. the village that supported him greatly.

wow bit off topic but hey hoe. i am also watching texas chain saw massica so its hard to concentrate

Guns aren't 'banned' in the UK and never have been. Common law prevents this.
Large caliber semi-auto rifles are currently 'prohibited' as section 5 weapons along with semi-auto pistols.

With an FAC you can legally own:
Bolt action weapons (all calibres, even 50 calibre barrett), lever action rifles, sub-machine guns (.22 calibre) and SLRs of .22 calibre plus muzzle loading firearms.

Guns are far from banned my friend

Ammo for 22 calibre is cheap :£2 for 50 rounds.
Ammo for .223 is dear : £1 per round!!!
Ammo for .50 cal is silly money : Nearly £5 per round!!!

A lot of lads reload their own ammo and it works out about half the price...

For me I'd probably own a carbine or an MP5 variant (.22 cal) aka GSG-1.

A cap and ball revolver with a few spare cylinders and a .303 SMLE for long range work.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Period.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Besides the Potato Gun Idea which was brilliant. I would substitute a machete with a Kukri personally though I watched a special about weapons and the best one was the Tomahawk the power of the swing and throw can destroy the skull plus it can be used as a close quarter or used as a throwing weapon.

Just my Two Cents.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I began to realise last year that something disastrous was lurking just over the horizon, so I bought a 150lb draw crossbow and fitted a 4 by 32 telescopic sight. It is pin point accurate up to 195 ft and the bolts travel at an amazing 245 ft a second.
It may not be as effective as a shotgun or pistol but it will bring down anyone stupid enough to come too close if the worst happens.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valaroga
reply to post by Hemisphere

What about dental work? I Googed "survival dentistry" and came up with a lot of hits.

ntvp0s

Hesperian has an excellent book written by dentists for laymen (actually for aid workers in 3rd world nations) that tells how to do basic dentristry it's caled "Where there is no dentist." I highly recommend it. I'd add in the ISBN but I'm away from home.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

A little google-fu turned up this www.scribd.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join