It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ponzi scammer dies in drive off cliff before Hawaii sentencing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ponzi scammer dies in drive off cliff before Hawaii sentencing

www.honoluluadvertiser.com

A former Kaua'i mortgage broker who admitted to defrauding more than 50 people out of $30 million drove his truck off a cliff into a ravine in Washington state, killing himself yesterday, the day he was due in federal court in Honolulu for sentencing, according to law enforcement officials.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
At first glance, my initial reaction to this was, "well this guy took the easy way out."

Then the more I thought about it, I'm wondering if perhaps there might not be some foul play involved? This guy certainly amassed some enemies...Driving a vehicle off a cliff doesn't seem like the easiest way to check out.

Seems many 'ponzi-schemers' are winding up in 'suicides' as of late...

Not that the masses are crying any salty tears over it though. lol. Still, makes one think...

www.honoluluadvertiser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Driving a vehicle off a cliff doesn't seem like the easiest way to check out.

Yeah, but a lot of people don't take the easiest way. A lot of people like to make a statement. Like people who drive off cliffs or set themselves on fire. This seems less like foul play and more like someone who was really angry at the world and wanted to show the pain it had caused him on his way out.

Unless evidence eventually points to foul play this doesn't seem suspicious to me.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I call foul play
I mean come on man

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Quite possibly foul play. I think it goes without saying that if you get into the habit of ripping people off, perhaps people with a great deal of clout, one or more will be just the wrong people.

Perhaps some feel this is a better way out than face the prison system first hand.

Perhaps ultimalely this will be a better way out than to face the population first hand. The climate doesn't seem to be too friendly to these sorts of late.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I call foul play
I mean come on man

But why take the time to kill him, and possibly risk prosecution yourself, right before he's about to be sentenced? Wouldn't you want to see someone who wronged you punished by the law for what he did? Just sounds like a guy who couldn't take his reality anymore.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
But why take the time to kill him, and possibly risk prosecution yourself, right before he's about to be sentenced? Wouldn't you want to see someone who wronged you punished by the law for what he did? Just sounds like a guy who couldn't take his reality anymore.

I can tell you with absolute certainty, there are characters that do not think that way at all and would much rather dispense justice themselves. There could be others involved that don't want to be named as well.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I can tell you with absolute certainty, there are characters that do not think that way at all and would much rather dispense justice themselves. There could be others involved that don't want to be named as well.

But why wait to do so until the day he was going to be sentenced and in such a manner? This case has been going on for nearly three years hasn't it?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah right.....he was taken out buy that one bunch of criminals , what was that gang ? Ohh yeah ....The Builderbergs or the like.. I bet we find out alot more about what really happened as time goes on. Must be some high profile names on the list ....hmm

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But why wait to do so until the day he was going to be sentenced and in such a manner? This case has been going on for nearly three years hasn't it?

Sounds like a good way to make suicide sound more convincing if you ask me. On the day of reckoning, he just couldn't take any more.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Sounds like a good way to make suicide sound more convincing if you ask me. On the day of reckoning, he just couldn't take any more.

That’s pretty precise thinking from the perpetrator.

I wonder if he has a history of depression or anything that could relate to this “suicide”. I’m sure though instead of that lending credibility to a willing death people would just chock it up to the supposed perpetrators being even cleverer by killing him off in a supposed suicide that would match his mental state or habits.

new topics

top topics

join