It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's How Israel Would Destroy Iran's Nuclear Program

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In this context is it not as shocking as it should be to read that three times in the past year Israel has sent small groups of jets to preempt Iranian nuclear capabilities only to be intercepted by USAF jets; in each case the Israelis turned back rather than save their people from another holocaust rather than engage American forces. It is a more serious reprise of what America’s top policy makers did to Israel in 1990 when their response to Saddam’s rockets was shut down by American refusal to share the IFF codes.
LINKto Article from June 2007

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Do you have a source for that claim, other than the blog that you cited? Narrett is a known Israeli apologist, with his own agenda. This has never been reported in any reputable news site, to the best of my knowledge. Something this significant would have leaked out, somewhere in a news outlet, other than on Narrett's blog.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner

I've told you warmongers before and I'll tell you again. If Israel attacks Iran then Russia with the strong possibility of China backing their hand is going to push the Israelis right off of the Middle Eastern map along with the USA.

You'll see.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't consider myself a "Warmonger" Just somebody who looks realistically at the situation and doesn't get overly "Emotional" about the real world and make rash statements about current events.

The only person displaying emotions and using emoticons to illustrate that fact here is you.

But go on. Keep encouraging one another. Russia has entered Iran in the interests of self defense before and they'll do it again.

Dooper tries to ask me what my motives are as if I'm ruining the party here. Well I'll tell you what they are not. And that is having a rah rah session that entails striking another country that hasn't done anything to you. The USA still hasn't extricated itself from both of those recent misadventures. But Israel doesn't have a parachute if the big boys jump in. The USA can simply retreat. Israel won't have anywhere to go.

I repeat, Israel is playing with dynamite when it comes to Iran. You all talk as if it will be a simple walk in the park.. You are wrong this time. Iran is not Iraq.

But hey, talk yourselves into a frenzy for all I care. Israel hasn't attacked Iran because it knows that Iran has serious allies who are fed up with the USA/Israeli duo that has been running rough shod over the Middle East.

Watch the powder keg explode this time if they do something so foolish as to attack Iran. Iran won't suck on it. They'll retaliate in force. They'll light the Persian gulf on fire. Lebanese/Palestinians will launch every missile they have. The bulk of the Middle East will support Iran, Fuel prices will become unbearable worldwide and people will look back at the antagonist who struck first. If the USA steps in then Russia willl be there to meet them and probably with China providing most of the manpower.

These are just some of the fatal risks that a belligerant Israel will face.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
2 points to counter:

Russia and China would NOT get involved militarily. Firstly, ideologically the Russians and Chinese have more of a fundamental grievance with an Islamic theocracy than the West do. The Russians also have an extremely close relationship with the Israelis.

Secondly, in the event of an Israeli strike, the Iranians would not even dare strike at the US in any concievable way. They would be signing their own death certificates in doing so. Their reply would be to simply either fire rockets at Israeli territory or unleash their puppets Hezbollah and Hamas.

None of this will happen and will never have to happen though. The last thing the world needs is another war. They can cripple Iran economically and if necessary could carry out a blockade. The Iranian theocratic system will collapse at some point. It is wildly unpopular inside of Iran and all th world needs is to ignite that seed of discontent within Iran through punishing sanctions and pressure with purpose. Despite being one of the largest oil producers in the world, it is dependant on foreign oil. A blockade as such would bring Iran to a halt. Sure oil prices will shoot up accordingly, but whilst the barrell is low, now is the best time to use it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth
2 points to counter:

Russia and China would NOT get involved militarily. Firstly, ideologically the Russians and Chinese have more of a fundamental grievance with an Islamic theocracy than the West do. The Russians also have an extremely close relationship with the Israelis.

Secondly, in the event of an Israeli strike, the Iranians would not even dare strike at the US in any concievable way. They would be signing their own death certificates in doing so. Their reply would be to simply either fire rockets at Israeli territory or unleash their puppets Hezbollah and Hamas.

None of this will happen and will never have to happen though. The last thing the world needs is another war. They can cripple Iran economically and if necessary could carry out a blockade. The Iranian theocratic system will collapse at some point. It is wildly unpopular inside of Iran and all th world needs is to ignite that seed of discontent within Iran through punishing sanctions and pressure with purpose. Despite being one of the largest oil producers in the world, it is dependant on foreign oil. A blockade as such would bring Iran to a halt. Sure oil prices will shoot up accordingly, but whilst the barrell is low, now is the best time to use it.

Listen to me for a second. I go to Russia more often than most people do. The Russians that I talk to without exception seem to believe that there will be a Russo/Sino alliance in order to take on the US if need be in Iran. Never say never.

Let me que you in on something else you might not have been aware of. The Russian propaganda machine has been working overtime since the US invaded Iraq to demonize the US. These are not empty words that I'm speaking but a day to day media reality there now. They are gearing up my friend.

Next you say that Iran would never strike at the US.. This is another mistaken assumption of yours. It is in Iran's interest to strike at the US if Israel takes out their nuclear capabilities, especially when it will pull their bigger allies into the conflict. Iran has already publicly stated that a attack on them by Israel will be considered an attack on them by the US as well.

They are not fools. They know who will be providing Israel with most of their satellite surveillance just as the US did for the Brits in the Falklands war. And let's say that they don't attack the US. The US will be compelled to get involved anyway. Just as they did when Saddam went after Daddy Bush's oil wells in Kuwait (the real reason why we fought the first gulf war). Remember that? There are too many oil interests that Iran has the option of destroying and they will. The IAF will not try and intercept these Iranian jets that go off in puzzling directions only to find that they were actually going after the west's juggler vein of oil dependencies. Nor will they be able to stop the missiles that go off into those seemingly nonmilitary objective directions.

If you are of the false impression that Israel can keep this to a small surgical strike that Iran will just grumble over then I think that you are sadly mistaken here. Iran is going to start a whirlwind of problems for the invaders and noninvaders alike. They are a proud people who have a long history. Adversity is nothing new to them.

The US is learning one thing about the Iranians now if nothing else, that they are skillful proxy war fighters in the least. And determined fighters with tenacity as Saddam who was armed by the US (which they have not forgotten) found out much to his dismay, in the extreme.

I'm sure that Georgia had the Russia will never act mentality too.

Beware.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

Good post and I agree. Theblunttruth sounds like another naive Brit or American. We in the US really only have access to the media and what the media tells us. We have no clue how the people of Russia and Iran really feel. The Russians do not like Americans right now. Hell most of the world doesn't. In my opinion the most dangerous thing is that the American people don't realize this, or to what extent these anti-American feelings exist.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You sacrificed 3000 citizens and 3 buildings to get into Iraq though..

Can't remember who posted earlier about America looking like a pre-war Germany... They don't, they're starting to look a lot worse

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Iran is inept, weak, and very fearful right now. Thus, all the bluster.

We went into Iraq because we THOUGHT they had weapons of mass destruction and a significant nuclear program.

Saddam THOUGHT he had a significant nuclear program, because his scientists were telling him so.

The moment the US THINKS that Iran has a nuclear weapons program, that program will be stopped by whatever means are necessary.

And if anyone thinks that the same Persians who fought the Iraqis to a standstill can stand up to those who went through Iraq like crap through a goose can do any better, then you may want to sit back and watch.

Iran has nothing. Oh, a few rockets, and a few other things purchased FROM WESTERN POWERS, but their very best is second and third tier stuff compared to what they'll be facing.

And those millions of Iranians? The same ones slaughtered by Iraqis? Are those the ones we're supposed to fear?

Are those the ones Israel is supposed to fear?

Not in this lifetime.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The moment the US THINKS that Iran has a nuclear weapons program, that program will be stopped by whatever means are necessary.

Regarding the USA. Do you consider the means as being Israel?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Any means.

Israel has other fish to fry, but even Obama is firm against Iran having nuclear weapons.

He just had a meeting with Kissinger and other former security advisors and secretaries of state, and they issued a joint statement that this could not be allowed.

It isn't important who pulls the trigger.

Only that the trigger be pulled.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

count on conventional or nuclear war instigated by iran

within 1-2 years, not within decades...it's obviously imminent

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by Vitchilo

count on conventional or nuclear war instigated by iran

within 1-2 years, not within decades...it's obviously imminent

Unfortunately there is a lot of technical and military advisers that agree with you. Iran is a threat but individuals will try to deny this to avoid the unthinkable. Truth is they are a middle east wild card in an area were there cant afford to be one.They will have to be dealt with its just how its handled is the question.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've argued elsewhere, and with more than media supplied knowledge, that Iran is in a very vulnerable position right now. Economically it's stretched to the limit. Spending was based on a devastatingly erroneous presumption oil would be selling at well over $100 a barrel, and closer to $200 now.

Much of the rhetorical huffing and puffing is to generate support from all around in the anticipated attack form Israel. It doesn't seem too many are buying into it. Even paid surrogates like Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah are wary.

Israel is psyching out Iran with veiled threats it's coming for them any day. That is not the real game plan right now.

The hope is Iran will crack under the strain and make an unfortunate for it rash move, giving the US and Israel a justification for retaliation in spades.

Even Russia and China are sitting waiting to see how Iran will play it's cards. It isn't capable of successfully going to war with anyone. They are painfully aware of their limitations and lack of support.

Mike

[edit on 20-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I don't know I agree with you.

Russia has made a habit of very stupid moves-making nuclear reactor for Iran is an example.

Honestly, I don't think Russia really cares about Iran at all.
I believe they do it only to cause Issues with the WEST.

China, for the most part, is all about "lack of" change.
I don't think they really want an all-out war with the West.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by mmiichael

I don't know I agree with you.

Russia has made a habit of very stupid moves-making nuclear reactor for Iran is an example.

Honestly, I don't think Russia really cares about Iran at all.
I believe they do it only to cause Issues with the WEST.

China, for the most part, is all about "lack of" change.
I don't think they really want an all-out war with the West.

And I respectfully don't agree with you. But concede you may be right.

From what I've been told, and a couple sources are Iranian, Russia loves selling it's out-of-date technologies and often dysfunctional equipment to Iran. At the same time they do not view a nuclear capable Iran as advantageous to them in a region of shifting alliances.

Iran has more problems with their nuclear program than they let on. A couple of very dangerous accidents already, and still much needed on the critical miniaturization and delivery side.

I agree China its patiently waiting to see how it all turns out. They are positioned to pick up the pieces whatever the outcome is.

The ball is very much in Iran's court.

Mike

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

and what of the german nuclear reactor? or the US made reactor?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

and what of the german nuclear reactor? or the US made reactor?

Germany/US is not threatening to wipe other countries off the map.

Germany/US does not have lapdog terrorists like Iran's Hezbolla/Hamas that attack a country on an almost daily basis.

Germany/US will not give nuclear weapons to terrorist groups to use.

That is what about Germany/US.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Iran could have proceeded with it's nuclear program and kept quiet about it.

They have always had the option of preparation for a war with Israel and just saying nothing.

They chose a high volume of threatening rhetoric and as well as arming and funding independent campaigns against Israel.

Based on what they announce loudly and repeatedly there is little room for ambiguity in an interpretation of their intentions.

Mike

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

apparantly you have limited understanding about the number of nuclear reactors in iran

germany are building one

the USA allready built one in tehran

and as for `lapdogs` - the usa has terrorist organisations abound to do there dirty work

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

apparantly you have limited understanding about the number of nuclear reactors in iran

germany are building one

the USA allready built one in tehran

and as for `lapdogs` - the usa has terrorist organisations abound to do there dirty work

If you are stating the truth, if...

Please provide valid sources for Germany building a reactor in Iran.

That said, that post was "how will Israel destroy Iran's nuclear program,
not who is building them, but how will they be destroyed.

Unless you are going to present some evidence that "IF" Germany is also building a reactor there, it would be more difficult to destroy, as opposed to the one the Russians are building.

Anything else is off topic and should be ignored in this post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join