It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's How Israel Would Destroy Iran's Nuclear Program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

A few years ago, the US military wanted to address this problem and develop mini-nukes.

Congress wouldn't fund them. (Whether that makes any difference.)

But Israel may have.

Given time and motivation, which Israel has had, they may have these nuclear penetrators.

Maximum facility damage, minimal spread of radioactivity.

One thing here not mentioned, but is a very effective manner of "closing down" areas, is the directed EMP. Cheap, effective, and will absolutely "cook" electronics directed against.

There is a reason to believe that the Israeli have their own directed energy weapons, and I'm not talking about lasers.

These pulse weapons make nukes look like toys by comparison. Scalar electromagnetic weapons will likely be the final major use in the history of humanity, as once unleashed, killing is a matter of electronics.

When you open one door of discovery in physics, often behind that door is not just a discovery, but an entire hallways of other discoveries just for the taking.

Of all the Nobel Prize winners, and the overall reputation proven over the millennia, these are some of the brightest people in the world.

I don't think in this day and time, it's too bright to call their hand. To date, they've always held the winning hand.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think you all forgot about the MOAB as a bunker buster. It will not only go through their pitiful bunker but it will also make sure nothing is left for them to use. Its very very nasty. Also Israel has more then one plan, I know you all talk about these plans that were posted, but I bet you all a crap ton of mula that this isnt their plan. Its more of a distraction. They dont do the Air War we (AMERICA) tend to use today, they like to get in your face and take you out that way. Sure you talk about how they dont have the wepons to take it out from the air, but what about the ground. I say that they would use special forces, and Iran would have no idea what the hell was going on by that time. With SF your dont neet huge bombs, you just need a knife, A pair of NVG and some C-4, thats all they need to push in Irans @hit. There are so many ways to take them out. I dont think Iran is that tough, just more like a headache if that.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by dooper
Regardless of Israeli logistics, weapons mix, or aircraft delivery trucks, one can be certain of one thing.

The Israelis never, ever (with the exception of Lebanon) do the expected.

Regardless of the tactical need, regardless of their limited capacity, they always surprise their enemies.

For certain.

Is this how peaceful nations protect themsleves?

Irans President made a few speeches while in power,
Israel threatens daily no matter who is in charge.

But we must stop Iran because of their ambition to take over the world

You are mistaken. Iran has made threats since the Islamic theocracy came to power in '79. This was their main foreign policy platform and still is today, to destroy Israel. Prior to '79 Israel and Iran were staunch allies and friends.

The mullahs also make no secret of their desire to establish their rule of Islam throughout the world by "exporting the revolution". Hezbollah ring any bells? They were established to first and foremost to impose Sharia Law in Lebanon (see their original manifesto). They have since revised it to covertly seek their aims through the guise of a "political resistance".

These mullahs relish an enemy like Israel, its a rallying point for even those who disapprove with the theocrats. Look how Hezbollah have achieved gains through their "holy resistance".

Where have you been the last 30 years?

Back to topic...

I agree with Dooper, let's not underestimate the Israelis EMP capabilities and also their ability to compromise Irans anti-aircraft defences.

The real issue is the Iranians response. I don't think they are likely to dare strike back at Israel directly. They know indoing so they will face a devastating response.

What they will do is strike through Hezzbollah and let the innocent Lebanese face the retaliation.

People have been so focussed on the Iran issue that they have neglected a far more pressing concern for the Israelis... That is the possibility of an Hezbollah led governmetn in Lebanon, come next months elections. I think conflict is going to be hard to avoid if that transpires.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theblunttruth]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by dooper

Agreed. Never put anything past them

At the risk of sounding like a cheerleader. Israel could reach out and take those locations down at a heavy cost. That's not the issue. The issue is is Israel ready to pay that price? They will be looking at a huge loss. They will have to fight their way in, take the target out, then turn around and fight their way out and probably have to ditch in the straight.

That's a long way for fighters to fly for a mission.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

I've told you warmongers before and I'll tell you again. If Israel attacks Iran then Russia with the strong possibility of China backing their hand is going to push the Israelis right off of the Middle Eastern map along with the USA.

You all are playing with dynamite this time. And the fuse is much shorter than you will have anticipated.... I think the days of Russian silence are over.

You'll see.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner

I've told you warmongers before and I'll tell you again. If Israel attacks Iran then Russia with the strong possibility of China backing their hand is going to push the Israelis right off of the Middle Eastern map along with the USA.

You'll see.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't consider myself a "Warmonger" Just somebody who looks realistically at the situation and doesn't get overly "Emotional" about the real world and make rash statements about current events.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

I have no idea what your agenda is, but it completely ignores capabilities, limitations, historical ties, current ties, and seems to be a "wish it could be this way if only I could get my wish" type of assumption.

Russia and China will not go to war at this time, over Iran.

Too much to be gained by sitting this one out, and making lucrative post-destruction deals.

Hey. The two largest former Marxists governments are now the most ardent capitalists.

And woefully, the former largest capitalist nation is now rapidly approaching a Marxist totalitarian government.

Go figure.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
nuclear bunker busters

such a misnomer its not even funny.

RNEP

to collapse a target under 1000 feet of rock requries a direct hit with a 100 kilotonne warhead; The B-61mod11 as to be used on the RNEP had a yield of 340 KT , thats the same as the city killers on the Trident.

so how do work? thats simple - the RNEP hits terminal velocity and penetrates down to *at best* 100 feet , then goes bang.

en.wikipedia.org...(nuclear_test)

Sedan shot , Operation Plowshare

thats a 100KT yield at 600 feet and is a full breach

www.globalsecurity.org...

RNEP are not `clean` and will likely not actually do the job intended - all you`ll have is the ME under radioactive clouds and oil prices at $300 a barrell when the countries turn off the taps.

that and Dimona being hit in retaliation.

Cheyenne Mountain (home of NORAD) was built to survive a direct hit from the larget soviet nukes - the 30 megaton plus bad boys.

[edit on 18/5/09 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Actually, they will perform the job. Through concussion and overpressurization. Iran couldn't dig deep enough if they kept digging another ten years.

Cheyenne Mountain is granite, and it would still have a hard time of things if attacked.

The problem is that now, nukes are much more accurate.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

if you actually read the site i linked, you`ll see the experts have stated , quite clearly, that maximum hard kill depth is 1000 feet for a direct hit (thats wihin 0.1m) and that is counting on earth - IF like the USA , they have used variable materials in the construction (earth , water , stone) then the hard kill depth is much less.

and since iran is alledged to have up to 100 of these bunkers - 100 nukes going off in the ME will irradiate everything.

[edit on 18/5/09 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If one ever suspects a deep target, the target is serviced multiple times to ensure destruction.

You penetrate, detonate, wait, penetrate, detonate, wait, on and on.

It's not like you only get one shot.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

But the targets are _known_ by both sides and the rest of the intelligence world, Israel is not invading Iran and trying to win strategic ground, they will try to knock out some nuclear facilities and iran are expecting them. Iran will have massive AA capability ready and most probably some of the nuclear facilities are also built underground, far deeper than the 30-40 meters a huge bunker buster can penetrate. That leaves Israel with the option to strike with nuclear weapons because they will not reach the facilities with regular land and air forces.

Edit: I see that the 1000fet nuclear buster has been discussed, sorry missed that post totally. Well, the fallout would be mostly underground and thats good.

[edit on 2009/5/18 by reugen]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Israel can be fully expected, anxiously anticipated, and still surprise an opponent.

I was just addressing the fact that regardless of defensive measures, anything built by man can be overcome by man.

That's all.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

and dropping 100 nukes on iran would irradiate the ME , and would you afford to buy bread at $100 a loaf?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To further complicate matters...

Iran, in it's continuing show of concern for it's people, has placed their nuclear bomb, er refining facilities, under major population centers.

In this way, when they are destroyed, as many Iranians as possible will be killed and injured.

Iran will lose the military war, but will probably win the propaganda war.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If i was isreal i know how i would destroy it nuclear bunker buster. It will penetrate into the ground explode destroy the bunker and look like it was a nuclear explosion at the plant. 2 methods for delivery high altitude aircraft with stealth so they didnt know it was there or cruise missile either one would be effective at maintaining the illusion of an accident.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

At this point in time, if it will accelerate the demise of all this uncertainty, that may just be an option.

Good God. Killer asteroids. Supervolcanoes. Antbiotic-resistant civilization-ending viruses. Civilization-ending tsunamis. Global heat stroke. Renewed Ice Ages. Islamic Holy War. Nuclear accidents. Nuclear wars. Mass starvation. World anarchy.

The most miserable of human conditions, is a condition of uncertainty.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why is it that people are just expecting just a few strategic bombs will fix the problem.

First off, the defence systems have to be taken out, this first attack will be one of war, they cannot hit the nuclear power plant until the defences are destroyed, this means Iranians will die and possibly a few Israelis before the first bunker buster is even delivered.

no matter what the language coming out of the US from Obama, the moment Israel attacks, Iran will attack back trying to close the straight of Hormuz. This will probably mean that carriers become the target.
Does the US really want to be in Iraq, Afghanistan and then Iran with a possible Pakistan thrown in for good measure?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Iran's defenses have already been factored in and defeated.

The US carriers are not the easy targets that everyone seems to assume. While large ships to be sure, the ocean is vast as well.

And once you find them, you have to hit them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Surley you can see patterns forming.

A carrier will have to be sacrificed in order to get the American people behind the goverment, you now how it works, first tell the ships commander you are having an attack simulation and the readings on the radars are fake.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Our carriers and carrier groups can read their own radar. And take appropriate defensive steps.

These carriers are not the sitting ducks, nor commanded by the idiots you perceive.

These are war machines designed for offensive measures, with their own defensive measures built in.

We're not going to sacrifice a carrier just to take a shot at Iran.

The Israelis can do that all by themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join