It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Wrapper Coating Found in Human Blood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thousands of natural occuring things are carcinogenic..i fail to see the zomg! im gonna die part to the story.As for detoxing...thats a myth..with a well balanced diet your body will detox itself with no outside influence.Please dont eat goji beries and think you will live until 180.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Scary stuff. I guess years of burying and burning all these food wrappers and non-stick pans are spreading these chemicals all around.

Don't worry I'm sure Dupont et al have a man-made chemical bloodstream cleaner waiting in the wings. Then we can go back to not worrying about grease stains or our eggs being cooked with too much grease..

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

1. I don't think it's a zomg attitude as much as it is that these chemicals were not meant to be in our bodies, no matter how little damage they are doing at the moment, and there were chemicals found in EVERY blood sample.

2. There are a lot of naturally occuring carcinogenics, but we are much better equipped to predict how these naturally occuring things will behave once in our bloodstream than a chemical, not expected (maybe intended, though...hmmm) to be in our bloodstreams, that was invented 30 years ago...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Cocaine and '___' found in the air in Spain

Scientists found coc aine to be the predominant drug in the air of both Barcelona and Madrid, with 29 to 850 picogrammes (one trllionth of a gramme) per cubic meter of air.

Check this out: 1,800 Species of Microbial Organisms in Texas Cities' Air
ATSNN

A new "bacterial census" using a novel microarray found surprising microbial biodiversity - including bioweapons-related pathogens - in the air above San Antonio and Austin, Texas. "We're surrounded by bacteria, and they are not necessarily friendly," says Gary Andersen, a staff scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. J. Craig Venter of Celera fame is sequencing the metagenome of the air above New York City; he says microbial genetics is complex - and Andersen may be underestimating the microbial diversity in Texas air. "As weather patterns change, different things go up into the air. We could be changing what's in the air, and unless we know what's in the air now, we'll never know how it changes. It points to a real need for a microbial census," warns Ventner.
Original Source: The Scientist

ALSO SEE: Cataloging Airborne Bacteria, City by City
www.lbl.gov...

Be interesting to see a city-by-city comparison of what's happening in the US. Coke in LA, weed in San Francisco and crack in NYC?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join