It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Wrapper Coating Found in Human Blood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Food Wrapper Coating Found in Human Blood

dsc.discovery.com

To the growing list of chemicals showing up in human blood, a new study adds compounds that make food wrappers grease-proof.

Called diPAPs, these chemicals are fairly new and scientists don't yet know if they are harmful to human health. But diPAPs break down into another worrisome chemical, called PFOA, which may be carcinogenic.

The new study builds on accumulating and worrisome research into a class of compounds called perfluorochemicals. PFOA (perfuorooctanoic acid) is a major one. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wait. There's more.

Scientists have found perfluorochemicals in every human blood sample they've tested, Mabury said, often at relatively high levels. In animal experiments, PFOA and PFOS have been linked to cancer, developmental problems and other issues.

Polar bears in the Arctic harbor particularly high levels of PFOA, which confused scientists at first but then led them to discover a large number of precursor chemicals that can escape their sources, fly through the air and end up in animals in remote locations, where the chemicals break down into PFOA.

But we're cautioned not to worry because all the evidence isn't in yet.

Sure.

There's an old song about this called, "When will they ever learn?" or maybe it was "Where have all the flowers gone?"

In any event, the updated version's title will be "Where have all the people gone?"

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Constant detoxification regimen needs to be part of all our lives, sad, but true. I can't keep track of nor fight individually everything out there, from vaccination programs, to the water, to just riding down the street in places where it's polluted...

Definitely have to pay a fortune to buy chemical free food...

So you all seriously have to make efforts to consume less, shop as best you can and then detox, literally daily...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I would ask what happened to good old fashioned wax paper but it is best we figure out that it is really just from second hand smoke to further marginalize smokers. After all it is the outcast group de jour currently.

But seriously, this is a far better explanation as to why cancer is rampant and even why dialysis clinics are suddenly popping everywhere in the past 5 years. Off hand I can think of about 85 clinics in the greater Cincinnati area and there may be more that 150.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I would ask what happened to good old fashioned wax paper ... [edit on 16-5-2009 by Ahabstar]

You can't patent bee's wax.

So better in the name of commerce that we accept to be polluted along with the environment.

Don't worry; the Codex Alimentarium will be there to "protect" us.... [/sarcasm]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This stuff is able to fly through the air and end up in Polar bears in the Arctic and I'm not supposed to be worried?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is really disturbing, considering:

What are Perfluorochemicals?
Perfluorochemicals (PFCs) are a family of manmade chemicals that have been used for decades to make products that resist heat, oil, stains, grease and water. Common uses include nonstick cookware, stain-resistant carpets and fabrics, as components of fire-fighting foam, and other industrial applications.

Do PFCs occur naturally or are they man-made?
PFCs are manmade chemicals, and do not occur naturally.

Studies show that nearly all people have some PFCs in their blood, regardless of age. The way PFCs get into human blood is not known at this time. People could be exposed through food, water, use of commercial products or from the environment. Some PFCs stay in the human body for many years.

But:

There are not many studies of health effects in people. Studies by 3M of workers exposed to PFCs during manufacturing show no apparent impact on their health.

So, let us hope it is not harming us.

www.health.state.mn.us...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im down like a clown with grease proof blood.

Come on folks....why worry?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
This is really disturbing, considering:

But:

There are not many studies of health effects in people. Studies by 3M of workers exposed to PFCs during manufacturing show no apparent impact on their health.

So, let us hope it is not harming us.

www.health.state.mn.us...

"Studies by 3M of workers exposed to PFCs during manufacturing show no apparent impact on their health."

That would be because the impacts, like cancer, take decades to manifest and appear.

Convenient, no?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

That would be because the impacts, like cancer, take decades to manifest and appear.

But some people have had it in their blood for decades. There were cases of it showing up in people's blood in the late 70's.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

But some people have had it in their blood for decades. There were cases of it showing up in people's blood in the late 70's.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Uh huh.

And cancer used to be almost non-existent in the early 1900's - but now it's the biggest killer.

FYI - 1 in 2 men in the USA can expect to get cancer in their lifetimes.

So cancer went from extremely rare to an incidence rate of 1:2 American men. ...Mostly prostate as I understand.

Could the PFC's be contributing? Do you think? Maybe?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Could the PFC's be contributing? Do you think? Maybe?

I’m not saying there couldn’t be a link. But it was discovered in a lot of people’s bloodstreams decades ago and yet there has yet to be a link found between it and cancer in humans.

I’m just saying I’m not going to assume that we are getting cancer from the chemicals, especially when there are people who have it in their bloodstream for decades but do not have cancer; I’m not saying the chemicals are healthy or that we shouldn’t worry about being exposed to them.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well of the people who were diagnosed with cancer in alarming numbers lately, how do doctors know if it was caused by this chemical substance?

In other words, if Scientists say they have yet found a link between PFC and cancer, does this mean that they have found the links between other cancers and chemicals?

What type of cancers were they trying to analyze?

Another question, if, for example, Pancreotic Cancer is NOT linked to PFC than what else is it NOT linked to?
These are the questions that I ask of you...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
When will scientists realize that manmade chemicals and compounds are bad. Very very bad!

Let's take for example Plastics. They last for hundreds and hundreds of years. That means the plastic cup you used at that party last week will outlive you, and go on a long journey to the junkyard. The manufacturing of plastics can produce some nasty waste by-products and the all scary carbon emissions.

Fun times. fuunnnn timeessss

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
was one time in a factory where they made live-stock feed...
amazing to see that all human food suchas coockies ect. that was over date was grinded douwn to cattle feed....
importand to say that the pastic wrappings were grinded with it!!!!
it was to expencive to unwrap the overdate food...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Holy cow, soficrow, I ran into this yesterday,

Cocaine and '___' found in the air in Spain

Scientists found coc aine to be the predominant drug in the air of both Barcelona and Madrid, with 29 to 850 picogrammes (one trllionth of a gramme) per cubic meter of air.

Wonder what we earthlings will morph into in 2000 years.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I really cant help myself. Cheese paper is so dang tasty. if you get a double cheese burger from burger king your looking at aleast half a slice of cheese on the paper and if you can make yourself not eat that, then you have excellent will power, haha.

reply to post by Tentickles

plastic only ends up in the junkyard when people PROPERLY throw things out which we all know almost never happens. it is far more likely our trash will end up here

Also, you can thank dupont for all the nice chemicals. Why use natural hemp when you can employee millions to make nylon!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Really?

I need to go back to eating fish and game, or by some chickens, well with polution everywere I doubt we can escape it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
S and F

Very interesting information. It is amazing at what levels and amount we are being poisoned from things. Yet the FDA goes after vitamins and Cheerio cereal instead of looking at what is actually causing us harm. They concentrate on what is good for us and stop those from advertising and claiming they are good for us.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People are too picky nowadays, many of my friends wouldn't eat a tomato that wasn't round or a potato that had sprouts. Wrappers are just another decoration.

I miss the old days when life was simpler and cleaner. In the end, however, people seem to accept that the advantages and comfort that technology brings outweigh health.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join