It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Accused Of Eating Child's Eyes Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Father Accused Of Eating Child's Eyes Out

www.turnto23.com

"It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28 after police said Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it.

"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.

Court documents said neighbors checked on Mendoza's son, Angelo Jr., after they noticed the father acting nervously and fleeing from his east Bakersfield apartment in his wheelchair. Inside, they found little Angelo naked and bleeding. Police said the boy had numerous bites to his hands and his eyes were swollen shut. Doctors said the boy's left eye and muscle were completely missing. His other eye was mutilated beyond repair. The boy told them, "My daddy ate my eyes out." Rodriguez said meanwhile Mendoza approached him at a neighbor's vacant house down the street.

Rodriguez said the boy's father wheeled himself into the front yard and asked Rodriguez to play with him and a pet dog. He was wearing boxers and a sweater. When Rodriguez refused, Mendoza got off his wheelchair and dragged himself into a back yard, where he found an ax.

By then Mendoza had stripped naked. He chained himself to a tree in the back yard and began hacking at his leg with a pickax while yelling incoherently.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There are some days I just don't want to know... I just don't want to know...

The older I get the more convinced I am that one day an ancestor of ours fell out of his tree and landed on his head. The whole species hasn't been right since.

The man was supposedly high on PCP.

I don't know about anyone else but I never got such urges when I indulged in my youth.

www.turnto23.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
By the way this happened in Bakersville California.

What can you say?

Madness.

What was that character in the Sandman series that had a penchant for eating eyes? The Corinthian.

Sigh. We need a head shaking icon for stories like this one.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well if it's PCP, not too surprising.

I remember seeing a picture of a guy who'd hacked his face off with a broken mirror, whilst loaded up with PCP.

Perhaps this is just a natural evolution where these low-lifes are taking themselves out of the gene pool.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dear lord, the news just gets weirder and weirder!

I cant imagine how this child is going to feel when he gets older and realized what his father has done to him.

It hard just to comprehend the fact this man did such a thing. Even if he was on a drug.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't much believe in the death penalty, sometimes people do things after having been driven bonkers or someone really did them wrong and they commit a murder, I don't think that's right, nor that they shouldn't be punished, I just don't think we have to lower ourselves to murder and become what we most despise.

With that said.

There are people like this, I don't consider SAFE to have around in any manner, g-d forbid in a sit x the jails let loose there are some people who just should never have an option of reproduction of their genes or the capacity to ever be free under any circumstances.

This man is a classic example.

I would say that the Texas old "Needs Killin" law should apply to something like this.

Those that see this happen witness it, be they officers OR civilians should have the option to simply kill a person like this and claim in court
"he needed killin" and surely any jury would agree and there would be no issue...

Really... wishing the cops could just execute someone like this on sight and offer an explanation on a 30 minute review and be done with it

rare, that I see something where... due process and a trial isn't deserved, but this is it right here

Id I saw this... I'd push the guys chair out into traffic and claim it was an accident, seriously I would... who'd prosecute me? I slipped I swear...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I tried it a couple times in the 70's and it was a ragged ugly high that I could never imagine wanting to do more than once or twice. Still I never felt the urge to hurt either myself or another.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing news thread here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join