It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich - Pelosi should be suspended, probed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Story Here

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says Speaker Nancy Pelosi should be suspended while the House investigates her "despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort" to obscure what she'd been told about controversial CIA interrogation techniques.

"I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her," Gingrich told ABC Radio Friday. "I think this is a big deal. I don't think the speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters."

Okay ... I don't know ANYONE who would want to 'probe' Pelosi.

(someone had to say it .. so I did so we could get it out of the way)

I don't like Newt. He reminds me of the Pillsbury Dough-boy. But in this case - he nailed it. Pelosi lied. She got caught in the lie and proceeded to dig herself deeper. She's now trying to deflect by bringing up the Bush administration .. but I don't think that's working.

She's a flake and a liar. She's also on a power trip that I doubt Obama is too thrilled about and she's definately a danger to this country.

Newt said "I dont' think the speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters.' Well .. I don't think ANYONE in DC should be ... from the POTUS to the Speaker to the __________ (fill in the blank). All politicians lie but she got caught big time and showed herself for the flake that she is.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmmm . . . .

Suspended and probed?

. . . Perhaps we could signal some ET's to do the honors???

Failing that, perhaps some from her San Francisco district would be . . . up to the task?

Goodness knows she deserves all such she could get.

I don't think that all that probing would find out anything . . . but it would still be very well earned.

Besides, it might keep her occupied enough that at least she wouldn't be lying while being probed.

/satire

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Cute FF

Gingrich - Pelosi should be suspended, probed

LOL @ probed, I am sorry I couldn't help it.

[edit on 053131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Oops didn't read your post Bo

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Must wipe coffee from screen... thanks for the imagery.

Are we to assume that the likes of Pelosi feel that we deserve lies, or that we've been told so many in the past/ present administrations, that we are accustomed, and accepting of lies.

What fools the fools think we have become.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Once your eyes have been opened, you can't go back. Most all politicians have been trained in law schools how to prevaricate, mislead, deceive, and otherwise PC lie. The biggest liars get into office. Or, perhaps become judges. The numero uno rule for them is; do not get caught. This whole corrupt government has a society of PC evil, and lies. In the same criminal gang are the 'law enforcement', and the 'Justice Dept.', both are oxymorons. America is now lawless, and there is no actual justice anymore. Personally, I have travelled considerably, and really don't want to live in most places, but I now am looking.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This woman really gets on my nerves. It’s like she’s a pathological liar, or she has a conveniently forgetful mind.

I think she should be investigated just like former members of the Bush administration. She should have told the truth or not have been arrogant enough to think she could lie about her personal involvement and turn this into a political issue in her attempt to contribute to the floundering of the Republican Party.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If the house probes her i bet her husband will be over joyed in the fact he won't have to do it anymore. In all seriousness though.

I can't stand Newt, But he has a point this witch got caught lying to the American public and she should be removed from office. now those crackerjacks in her district in Cali won't vote her out of office, So boys and girls call and write your reps and annoy the hell out of them until they vote a resolution to open an investigation and kick this slimy piece of trash out of the house.

Will it happen under a democrat majority house? probably not but we can hope.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The lies of the CIA and Nancy Pelosi

Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi charges the CIA with lying to her about torture in a 2002 briefing, a charge denied by the agency. What is certain is that she and the Democrats have lied systematically to the American people to obscure their complicity in the crimes of the Bush administration.

On Thursday, Pelosi called a Capitol Hill press conference in an attempt to clear the air about what she was told by the Central Intelligence Agency and what she knew about torture.

READ THE ARTICLE!

obamboozled.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
She's a democrat (not "democratic") representing the San Francisco area of California... need anyone say more?
I worked on a cell site in the Haute-Ashbury district... and at the church the site was located at... the banner across the entry to the parking lot said "God Loves All Her Children".

Since when did "God" have gender?

/me cackles at the thought of anyone thinking the human race was modeled after some perfect, omniscient deity.

Pelosi has pandered to, abused and subjected to redicule those she represents. She needs to go home and bask in the shadow of Alcatraz where marriage means a woman can father a child and a man can mother it... and suck some teet.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by abecedarian]

[edit on 5/16/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I have had my eyes open to the schemes, and been distrusting of our elected officials since LBJ took the driver's seat. The steerers have been in play since before then, but that's when I recollect, my eyes were opened.

Unfortunately, they lie to get into office, and short of death, it's hard to get them out.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This isnt really a funny matter FF. Pelosi along with most of the lead republicans in the prior administration knew of torture going on with suspects for petes sakes, most who have not even been found guilty of anything. They both knew about it, both sides need to be charged or punished.

America is above this.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

This isnt really a funny matter FF. Pelosi along with most of the lead republicans in the prior administration knew of torture going on with suspects for petes sakes, most who have not even been found guilty of anything. They both knew about it, both sides need to be charged or punished.

America is above this.

This is the funny bit about the whole situation...the media is focusing on Pelosi, as if she was a key player in all of this, when at the time, she was a minority member of Congress and of the Comittee...

Now, fine, if she lied about being informed....if she didn't say something when she should have, back in 2002...that is a problem, a systemic problem...but it is a pathetic distraction from the fact that THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION APPROVED AND PROMOTED THE USE OF TORTURE....which is both domestically and internationally illegal.

Her silence on the issue, whether or not she was aware of the use of the torture, is immaterial...it doesn't matter...well, it matters, but what is far more important, and is getting lost in the hurrah and the charade of all of the current right-wing propaganda, is that TORTURE is ILLEGAL and BUSH AUTHORIZED it....which means BUSH committed the crime here....

Listen to the Right-wing noise machine and they'll have you thinking Pelosi was the one personally responsible for strapping electrodes to people ballsacks...

At this point and time...I think that there needs to be an investigation...and all who committed wrongdoings, on both sides, should be punished...

But to those who say, "if she knew about it and had a problem with it, she should have said something in 2002..." I say BS....we all know what the public was like in 2002...we were bloodthirsty, all of us...we were being wound up and lied to to "legitimize" our invasion of Iraq...if she had said anything...anything to the press, anything to a majority leader, anything to ANYONE and if the public got wind of it....

...well, my bet is some "Patriotic" Americans would have been sending her death threats and fake-Anthrax letter and probably much much more...because death threats and fake-Anthrax letters and much much more were sent to an awful lot of Left-wingers in the public's eye who spoke out against all of this at the time...

Funny...that...

[edit on 16/5/09 by madhatr137]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

America is above this.

Not really. American history shows that we are certainly not above this, but hopefully if we prosecute all involved in this latest crime someday we may be "above it".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This isnt really a funny matter FF.

Pahleeeze ...

If you notice I put the joke first and said it so it could get out of the way and we could discuss what Newt said.

And frankly ... there is NOTHING wrong with poking fun at Pelosi.
She deserves it. She's earned it. She's pathetic.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This isnt really a funny matter FF.

Pahleeeze ...

If you notice I put the joke first and said it so it could get out of the way and we could discuss what Newt said.

And frankly ... there is NOTHING wrong with poking fun at Pelosi.
She deserves it. She's earned it. She's pathetic.

en.wikipedia.org...
Yzma(/Pelosi) has many similarities to the evil, ancient hag Gagool in King Solomon's Mines. Both are ancient beyond belief, and both work as advisors to their countries kings, though they are really conspiring against them.

new topics

top topics

join