It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Aims to Send Spider-Bot Swarm to Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Italy Aims to Send Spider-Bot Swarm to Moon

www.foxnews.com

Nearly 40 years after Americans first set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969 with NASA's historic Apollo 11 flight, a host of private rocketeers are hoping to follow to win a $30 million prize. Here, SPACE.com looks at Team Italia, one of 17 teams competing in the Google Lunar X Prize.

What began as a glimmer in the mind's eye for one robotics researcher has grown into a national endeavor for Team Italia, one of 17 groups competing for the Google Lunar X Prize.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.space.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.hansonrobotics.com...
www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Have been looking into this for some time as the concept of robots and the impact they have on our daily lives is increasing exponentially far beyond what we know or are being show.

I feel its up to each individual to inform himself on how this would or would not benefit the human race. As we all have heard various news about robots entering the armed forces and other toxic environments deemed lethal to humans.

Below you will see videos of androids and the current level of development and nasa athlete project.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Apollo Mind Initiative (AMI)

Purpose:
The Apollo Mind Initiative (AMI) seeks to expand and integrate development of cognitive machines, to realize smarter, more-useful machines, and to eventually achieve creative super-intelligence in machines.

We propose the AMI as an Apollo program for strong A.I.—a massive, coordinated effort among disparate fields to achieve human-level creative intelligence in machines by 2019. This program would be analogous to the Apollo Space Program of the 1960s, with a centrally organized approach that manages the efforts of researchers at thousands of institutions. However, unlike the Apollo program, the infrastructure of the program will be open and participatory, facilitating “bottom up” innovation—the sort of spontaneous competition and cooperation among participants that results in surprising leaps forward.

www.hansonrobotics.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pretty Cute, but I wonder what the inhabitors of the Moon will think about it.

Have they been asked?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I think we were told not to came back since we left some junk on the moon last time.

new topics

top topics

join