It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can moderators take months off from ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Noticing the same thing you did in the OP, I called MirthfulMe a couple weeks ago and checked up on him as he is a personal and dear friend of mine in RL too.

He's doing great, just working his backside off due to the horrid condition of the economy. He's having to travel and work allot, I mean ALLOT.

I am having dinner with him the first week in June when he will be in my state.

WRT your other question about staff being "allowed" to take time off, if you reverse that thought you'd be closer to the reality.

We hope the staff can allow some time for ATS each day but if they can't, we are GRATEFUL for whatever time they can put in.

Springer...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Tres amusing...

What is considered taking "time off."

True... My poo stained fingers haven't composed a missive on ATS since January... But I dare say that it wasn't because I was taking time off, but due to a constant state of "time on." My usual work load in real life has been increased as my desire to continue to be viewed as a necessity by my employers... An expensive one at that. The rolls of "luxury employees" who have become unemployed has been growing on a weekly basis and I care not to join that particular fraternity (I already have too many passwords and grips memorized... no need for another). So yes, one can take time off from ATS, but as with all things conspiratorial in nature... You will be reeled back in.

On another note... I can (and have) written my name in the snow in cursive which would answer the whole he/she issue once and for all.

Slacker Monkeys, not just for hanging around the water cooler doing nothing anymore...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm here to say if anyone needs to take a much needed vacation, i can be a mod.

Really.

I would love to contribute. I can do it, honest.

What is it about me that prevents me from being one? Hmmm?

Seriously, i would love to see some of you take a vacation.

Keep that in mind. Really.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Tres amusing...

On another note... I can (and have) written my name in the snow in cursive which would answer the whole he/she issue once and for all.

Well that actually throws up more questions then answers as Ive heard of african bushwomen standing up.... (fill in the rest).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Which may be true... It's the cursive aspect that is the "decider."

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You know what's really sad?

When you take a few months off and nobody notices.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i can be a mod.

DG you'd be a good mod. There are a few here who I think would be good. You. Rockpuck. Budski.

'course, now that i said that, it's probably the kiss of death for them to ever be tapped for the job.

Originally posted by jsobecky
You know what's really sad?
When you take a few months off and nobody notices.

.... or people notice and don't care....
.... or people notice and say 'phew ...'

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I would like to know is if this is what the MODs really get up to on their time off...

images.google.co.uk...:en-GB%3Cimg%20src=

Afer all those hours couped up in here, slaving away.. typing their fingers to the bone..there just has to be some release..and it's gotta go somewhere..

Bless 'em...

Good job there's no rockers here...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wonder how significant the time commitment is for moderators?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Retseh]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

It is as much or little as you can offer. For most of us, I'd say it is at least an hour or so a day. Most days it might be more and some days it might be less. We are a tight knit group though that stays in constant communication with one another. So if somebody was out of town for a week or two, we'd offer a heads up. We offer the heads up because we do notice and we do worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join