It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refiners would get a break in climate change bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well when I first saw this I was going to post it in Breaking news but the report is over 8 hours old anyway.

I knew this going to come to pass. I just knew it. They get a "Get out of Jail Free Card" While you and I the Consumer will have to foo the bill. Read the Article and see if you don't get just as upset as I do? This is so ridiculous!

I'm peeeved!

Then what good is it to even bother passing any type of bill or legislation? The only one who will be left holding the bag is you and I!

Refiners would get a break in climate change bill

WASHINGTON — Climate change legislation moving through Congress would give refiners free permits to emit greenhouse gases under a compromise engineered by a Texas Democrat whose Houston district includes many petrochemical plants.

I love this little deal here.

Oil company executives had warned lawmakers that much of the costs of covering motorists’ fuel emissions and the additional internal compliance work would have been passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices at the pump.

Green said the deal would “protect the U.S. domestic refining industry while creating a climate change program” and help “protect these blue-collar jobs here at home.”

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
WOW no replies. I'll give this one a shameless bump.
No replies now that is a conspiracy

join