It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A climate solution that's out of this world

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Well, many people believe that some of the UFO sightings that are seen often are actually military crafts. So it's up in the air.

I mean, you're right. But it may be one of those "last resort" things.

And I'm thinking that they're worrying someone will take the technology and use it against them, and if that happened they would not have it in a last resort situation. If they're just flying those things around everyday, eventually one would crash or get stolen. And if that happened, it could be used against us?

That would be my reasoning. But you have a good point.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Perhaps we do not have the energy supply for them. I am thinking of energy distribution as in the movie "independence day". It is also possible that we are using it today in the form of nuclear reactors, but

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cliffjumper68

Maybe. But I thought that the origins of nuclear reactors were out in the open? I could be wrong.

I don't really remember Independence Day much. But I suppose maybe we just don't have the ability to get it to work yet?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Really cool idea for a thread. I guess if the government is actually hiding an alien craft, they'd definately want to be reverse-engineering the power generators from it!

Although, they're selling an over unity generator in Canada now... I definately bet the alien one would be better

Click here to check out my thread on the generator

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Thanks for the link! I think that they would be reverse-engineering, too. But in this thread there has been some debate over whether or not that would be possible. I still think that it could be.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If you look at the advances we've had in technology over the last century alone as well as advances in science and physics there simply isn't enough advancement there to suggest that we humans have obtained alien or extraterrestrial technology. It is simply silly to assume that we have it and will not use it for any reason. We are likely many thousands of years away from developing the ability to travel across space faster than the speed of light (if even possible) If a spacecraft was captured and had the ability to do that, given the potential energy requirements alone the source of that energy would have been exploited by now, if it had some kind of advanced weaponry that too would have been used by the military, ANYTHING and everything this possible find could provide us would have already been exploited.

If you think that any of our current technology has come from an alien craft then you are underestimating our own abilities... And by most experts predictions we are no where close to being considered an "advanced race of beings" in this universe. We are still quite primitive.

Perhaps when we evolve more, and our own technology advances to the point where "they" take notice of us, then maybe they will contact us and share with is... Until then, I am sure they think of us as an oddity, an entertaining zoo like exhibit to observe and study from a safe distance.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I found this interesting in the author's first couple posts.

But I don't think we'll ever see this happen. I think that people are far too greedy. And I think that if UFOs were made public, that everyone would freak out. The Church might implode.

Why would the Church implode? They obviously know aliens exist. Why else would they establish their own telescope, VATT?

Or change their stance on aliens?

All of this is interesting considering the Church and Science have been battling over who is right for centuries.

More on topic: I do agree humanity is far too greedy at this point to accept such a revolutionary thing as "free energy". No doubt they would find some way to exploit it and use it to their gain. Whether it be money, political leverage, control of the economy, ect.

Besides, why would the government disclose this energy source for public use when they could just as easily say it's a new energy they discovered, charge for it and use the "freeness" of it to their own benefit and save them however many millions, if not billions, in federal money?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oneal

I've always heard and assumed that the Church would refute and has refuted any evidence of ETs, just because it would mean there is another factor between God and humans. Humans were created after God's image, right? Well, how does this play in when there are other intelligent beings around?

I'm not sure what it means for the Church, but it's an interesting topic.

In regards to this thread, it seems like Christians tend to refute global warming, climate crisis more than any other group. Could this somehow be an attempt to keep ETs under wraps? It's a stretch, so I don't know.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The U.S. public can't even get a copy of Obama's birth certificate proving he's eligible to serve as president. Nor can we get a list showing who hundreds of billions of taxpayer TARP dollars were paid to. Just what makes you think the feds would spill the beans about UFO technology?

Besides, I read the claims by that lobbyist. He mentions a 30 foot flying saucer that can go 20,000mph. Think about that for second. If you're a super-technologically-advanced alien race building a spaceship designed for intergalactic travel, wouldn't you make it a little bigger than 30 feet? For crying out loud, there are Winnebagos bigger than that.

But who knows, maybe the alien race is ruled by nanny-state liberals. And the space travelers were forced to build a subcompact, fuel-efficient hybrid spaceship due to intergalactic CAFE standards.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riff_raff
The U.S. public can't even get a copy of Obama's birth certificate proving he's eligible to serve as president. Nor can we get a list showing who hundreds of billions of taxpayer TARP dollars were paid to. Just what makes you think the feds would spill the beans about UFO technology?

Besides, I read the claims by that lobbyist. He mentions a 30 foot flying saucer that can go 20,000mph. Think about that for second. If you're a super-technologically-advanced alien race building a spaceship designed for intergalactic travel, wouldn't you make it a little bigger than 30 feet? For crying out loud, there are Winnebagos bigger than that.

But who knows, maybe the alien race is ruled by nanny-state liberals. And the space travelers were forced to build a subcompact, fuel-efficient hybrid spaceship due to intergalactic CAFE standards.

Maybe the Aliens are small like ants.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I'll give Bassett one thing - he's got balls for taking this to the mainstream media. But in all reality I wouldn't be surprised if he disappeared or if something "unfortunate" befell him at the hands of our government. I do wish disclosure would happen. More than anything I would love to see an Earth-friendly renewable energy source that's both ultra powerful and ultra portable. It would revolutionize the world from everything like antigravity to electronic paper. The world we know now would look absolutely ancient and stodgy by comparison.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Do you have the answers friend?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not sure why we even touched the topic on u.f.o technology for energy when the answer lies all around us, its called solar, for a mere 50k you have your home and all its needs running.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by total newbie

Do you have the answers friend?

Nice. You're smart.

But, if Christ is my Lord and Master, maybe you can forgive me some.

Even Zero Point Energy dropped in your lap is not an answer.

My bot(s) do my heavy lifting. Me? Problems. Let me ask you a question if I may. Did someone run a beacon bot and SOS signal to ET in 2007? Real or fake?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Another quote from that article that I think is interesting:

Odds that this will happen are improving, Bassett said. Obama has friends backing a release of all information on extraterrestrials. Those friends include John Podesta, president and CEO of the progressive Center for American Progress.

www.nytimes.com...

You should take heed of how the government works in regards to Classified information. The Compartmentalization of Classified subject matter runs so deep, and it is so systematic in nature, that no amount of pressure nor will, can or should allow for the exposure of such information.

Now, I will admit that we obviously all know leaks do in fact occur from time to time (I am speaking of Classified Information in general), but, if the government is truly "hiding" intel on the matter of so called "E.T. Visitation", even someone as seemingly popular as POTUS Obama could never pry the lid off such a tightly sealed subject (even if he had the political equivalent of a Crowbar, Blowtorch, and Jackhammer).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You do know no matter what the government will just make up things like usual ... they are above the president and they do not know what is underneath our country

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Not sure why we even touched the topic on u.f.o technology for energy when the answer lies all around us, its called solar, for a mere 50k you have your home and all its needs running.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, sort of. Energy is all around us
Solar is simply a bright obvious one. What cracks me up about this kind of discussion, is the blinders most people have on when it comes to energy.

Solar energy is akin to two people swimming in the ocean, and one swims up to the other with a capped test tube filled with water, excitedly proclaming he's discovered water!. We are awash in energy, we only seem to lack the ability to gather and focus it to suit our immediate needs.

Alien technology, if it exists, most likely contains that kind of focusing and gathering devices. It could be artifical or biological. It also represents great danger.

Can you imagine, that if the technology was biological, and I had the ability to encourage lightning to strike anywhere I focused my attention, what kind of threat that would imply? We are children when it comes to that kind of technology, and the government knows this. It will never be released.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Under the assumption that alien tech has been recovered, has anyone considered that the tech used to manufacture it simply is not of this world. Literally. Meaning that the tech contains molecules and/or elements from somewhere far far away that simply cannot be found and/or synthesized on our planet. If we are to assume the possibility for life to exist somewhere other than our planet, and for that life to be intelligent enough to manufacture craft that then travels to our planet, shouldn't we also consider the possiblity that there are basic elements found in these technologies that, simply put, are not of this Earth? I would consider the latter to be more probable than the former. Just a thought.

Also, there is plenty of untapped energy from our sun. Can't remember where I heard it, but someone once said the reason that solar energy usage isn't more abundant is that the energy companies don't own the sun. Yet.

Furthermore, all the energy anyone really needs to survive is in themselves. The formula is simple: YOU + WILLPOWER = FREE ENERGY. People have just become very lazy these days. Man didn't have cars and electric heaters in the last ice age, but he didn't go extinct, now did he? Granted he couldn't twitter on his iphone, but as the old adage goes: less is more.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
the reason that alien technology cannot be released, as others stated previously, because government or corporate/industrial security would be compromised and the entire socioeconomic structure of earth would be forced to change dramatically

also, the black projects involving alien tech are usually multilateral efforts

the USA and Russia allegedly worked together on these projects during the Cold War when they were supposedly at war

For instance if you were to gain access to a highly restricted ufo facility, expect to see people from many nations, even our so called "enemies"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join