It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A climate solution that's out of this world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A climate solution that's out of this world

www.nytimes.com

One of the newest energy lobbyists claims he has the answer to climate change: spaceships.

The government has in its possession "extraterrestrial vehicles," lobbyist Stephen Bassett said. As in flying saucers.

"What is the energy system operating that craft?" Bassett said. "They're not burning kerosene."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This article tells us that:

1. Lobbyists believe that the government is in possession of UFOs.
(Which many of us may have assumed)

2. That if the government shared with us the technology powering the UFOs, we could use that to replace fossil fuels and save the world.

What do you think? I never considered this. We've seen the "UFOs are Real" threads and the "The government is keeping clean technology from us" threads. But seldom the "The government is keeping clean UFO technology from us" threads.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Another quote from that article that I think is interesting:

Odds that this will happen are improving, Bassett said. Obama has friends backing a release of all information on extraterrestrials. Those friends include John Podesta, president and CEO of the progressive Center for American Progress.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That energy, if it does exist, cannot be allowed out to power our civilization.

Once out, it will be shared and built by others.

All of mankind would then be free to rise to whatever level of existence they could pursue.

We can't have that.

The masses? With beaucoup energy? With no one to control them? No one allocating the energy to selected societies?

That would mean an even playing field.

And we can't have that.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

*laughs*

My opinion is that, if it's free, why not let everyone have it? Like food. If food could be free somehow, let everyone have free food. Then spend all that extra money working on new technology.

Technically this wouldn't be new technology, it would be borrowed and adapted technology. Kind of like how intense martial arts practices borrow movements and techniques from animals? That's my opinion, anyway.

But I don't think we'll ever see this happen. I think that people are far too greedy. And I think that if UFOs were made public, that everyone would freak out. The Church might implode.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Our government will not freely disclose any evidence or information they have. In order for them to be "mommy and daddy", they have to be seen as the ones in control. Not to mention that all the sheeple that fall for their crap, would no longer trust them if they found out the government lies and has secrets.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

But apparently there are people in the government who want these sorts of information disclosed.

So not all of them are into hiding it. I mean, look at, ahem... Ron Paul...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Yea, I know and look how they constantly try to discredit these "loners" There have been many politicians that have seen them with they're own eyes and still couldn't get anything released.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Interesting read, thank you ravenshadow. I think you hit it right on the head -- there is waay too much money wrapped up our old technologies for "them" to release the technology to the world, thus almost instantly making the old fuels obsolete.

It occurs to me there might be another reason also. What IF various governments are in posession of craft, and they've put the best of the best and the brightest scientists on studying the craft and after 50 years or more, they know no more now than what they did then? Imagine the embarassment, having to disclose THAT.

Imagine a standard internal combustion engine, transported back to be given to a homo erectus. They might well recognize it as a "gift from the gods" and even revere it, worship it, however in their current evolutionary line, they lack the ability to discern it's parts, analyze its fuel, or even understand the math and physics that cause it to work.

Perhaps we as a species have to evolve significantly just to be able to understand ET propulsion.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Intriguing, it would not be surprising if they really do have the ET crafts. The thing to think about is, would we be able to comprehend 'their' technology (i.e. fuel source) and embrace it as our own?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
STAR & FLAG!!!!

There so there is no confusion with the new rating system. You earned those.

The US military wont release this technology for many reasons. First. That would mean that the Government would have to admit that they have been lying all these years and has ridiculed just about every serious attempt at disclosure. They wont do that if they dont have to and They dont have to!!!!

Secondly. It would have a drastic and rapid effect on the global economy. I imagine that we would all breath easier with cleaner air and our wallets wouldn't take such a beating over how much the Government earns with petroleum related taxes.

Last but not least they would loose their precious military edge over supposed threats and threaten it's trillion dollar military spending. If people kill over a few measly dollars you don't think the military industrial complex wont kill somebody to protect the Trillions we spend in a decade?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
To those who think the government will ever allow free power, I refer you to the short story by Robert A. Heinlien called "Let There Be Light!" Written, I beleive, back in the late 1940's, it eeriely prophetic of our current problems. His solution, I fear, is an idealist daydream, but I can always hope.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Being discussed here a few days ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Sorry. I did a search and nothing came up *shrug*

Go post in the other thread. By all means, guys.

Complete bull.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

let them have their free energy , they´ll still need food and the medicin to be able to eat the food , not to mention to drink the water.

when shtf we can always retire to the hilton starbase hotel that been in orbit and operational for the past 60years while the savages go wild.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i would tihnk that IF the government had alien technology and IF they could figure out how to reverse engineer it, they would have already. im thinking they wouldve created some sort of military jet or pimped out Airforce one so it was never in need of fuel.

i just think that if they had something like that and they knew how to use it, they wouldve used it for something.

i find it hard to believe there is something that awesome just sitting around that people are aware but they arent doing anything with it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as free energy source, general public has every right to directly benefit from it. So many problems could be solved with it, i cannot bielive that some organisation/government have it for decades and is yet to release the secret.
Personally though, i doubt that such thing is in posession of someone, since countries that should be aware of this free energy technology fight like madman for "old" oil. As an example - rise in tensions because of Arctic deposits and race to get them.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Do you think that UFOs could be the source of such "free energy?"

See, that's the kicker. I think free energy is out there. I don't know if it comes from UFOs.

I do think that we would be able to interpret this technology because apparently these lobbyists believe that we have a good grasp on this technology already. I think that if we do have UFOs, we are probably working to understand them and have been for some time. And that probably they aren't just sitting around in some storage space. If we are already using UFOs for surveillance, military, whatever (which we might be, I don't know), then we know how to fly them, right? So we probably know what makes them tick.

But I propose a new name for UFOs... Since apparently they may have been identified.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What a phenominal idea.

And I thought that all lobyists were scum

No, I understand the need for such things to be released to the public for a myriad of reasons, however, big buisness will prevent any sort of disclosure from happenning because of this exact issue.

It would literally cripple the energy industry, which up until now has done a really great job in convincing the masses that they are doing "all that they can do" in order to help us solve this crisis.

Speaking of environmental issues, I had an idea once to greate a huge launch bad in one of the mountain ranges of BC to shoot all of our nuclear waste into the Sun, or in that general direction.

I figure we will be disposing of garbage out in space soon enough, why not start with the most dangerous of substances?

Anyway back to point, I would love to see disclosure, I really would. But then the government would need to disclose all of it's technology projects and military technology projects, on the simple fact that the technology all came from alien back-engineering.

Atleat I know that there are some people in Washington pushing for disclosure. Lobyists no les...hah funny.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, good point. But here's a good question-

Are other countries using UFO technology? If they all use it, then we could disclose that information. I'm sure not all of them are. But maybe it's worth it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join