It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Mexico's Drug War Should Not Be Excuse to Restrict U.S. Gun Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

McCain: Mexico's Drug War Should Not Be Excuse to Restrict U.S. Gun Rights

www.foxnews.com

The Arizona Republican and former presidential candidate told thousands of people in Phoenix that the United States needs to do more to crack down on gun smuggling into Mexico, but that such assistance in Mexico's war against drug cartels doesn't require restrictions on the gun rights of law-abiding Americans.

"It should be noted that any effort to restrict gun ownership in the U.S. will not stop Mexican cartels from acquiring guns and ammunition from other countries," McCain said. He added that cartels are already getting grenades and other weapons from other countries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.deseretnews.com
www.detnews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.newse r.com

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I must say that I absolutely agree with McCain on this one!

The drug cartels in Mexico have plenty of money, if they want to buy guns (or whatever), and they can't get them from the US, they will just get them from some other country.

Now, I'm not saying the US shouldn't try to stop the illegal gun trafficking across the US - Mexican border, but "restricting gun ownership in the US" is not the answer!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
McCain actually making sense? I think it's the first time he made sense in a numbers of years...
He's worse than a broken clock...

But yeah, banning guns because of Mexico is ridiculous, banning guns period is ridiculous, not to mention it's unconstitutional.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah I can't argue with what he said.

Sen. McCain is totally on the money on this one

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut"

Right as McCain may be we need to keep in mind that he is a politician like any other and will tell us whatever we want to hear if he thinks it will make him look good.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Guessing you voted Obama.

Nonetheless, better have them buy it from us, then going to jihadists, and teaming up, or giving them US currency. Eek

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Nope I didn't vote for either of the goons this time around but I like to remind people that politicians are first and foremost paid liars, its how they get a job basically. People reacted to Bush by electing Obama, its not out of the realm of possibility that then folks would elect someone like McCain due to the actions of Obama... Its just a cycle and I would like nothing more than to see the cycle end once and for all.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Flag and star, McCain is right on this one. The public don't release that yeah some of the cartels guns are bought in america, but thats only because of availability, its easy so you do what's easiest first.

Restrictive gun laws are only going to harm the citizens. The cartels will only just contact the local "Lord of War" and get a shipment of guns delivered, the ports in mexico aren't regulated like they are here.

America is the fall guy here though. Mexico is terribly corrupt in law and government, so it's alot easier to pass the blame rather than take it on. The situation isn't going to get any better until they say they need some help and they do! The cartels are better paid, better bennies, and better equipped.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Ok good just making sure. Didn't know if you were just attacking McCain, or all the politicians, i'm so skeptical of them all, i'm still snake eyeing Ron Paul...... he's seems to good to be true if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join