It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Patriot Father's Dilemma - What would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If tyranny is coming for America, what does a patriot-minded Dad with young children do? I see three basic choices.

1) Fight. Stockpile guns and ammo. Begin to make connections with like minded people. Get ready to be an outlaw.

2) Campaign. Participate in politics. Run for office. Try to change things and motivate others to do so as well.

3) Hide. Pass on the legacy of the founding fathers to the children, and play possum so that they can survive to improve things in the future.

Option 1 more than likely means sacrificing one's life and that of one's family. By fighting you are, in essence, agreeing to give it all away in the hope of helping future Americans have freedom. Option 2 may also mean sacrificing the lives or livelihoods of one's self and one's family. If things keep trending toward a Banana Republic outcome, being a member of the opposition may become dangerous. But this option is clearly less risky than #1. Option 3 is the safest for the family in the short run, but is it cowardice? And is it a fate worse than death for the children?

I want to read your opinion.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am from the UK. However what i would do is option B), as doing option A) will probably result in you being arrested and then its game over.

I don't know really....just educate your kids and make them aware of what is going on. But i wouldn't go with violence, unless everything else has failed.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this myself.

This is what I have come up with:

If those who took up the cause for America on April 19th 1775 had done #2 or #3.....we wouldn't have much of a nation now would we?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by bismarcksea]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
I have been thinking about this myself.

This is what I have come up with:

If those who took up the cause for America on April 19th 1775 had done #2 or #3.....we wouldn't have much of a nation now would we?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by bismarcksea]

I think thinks have changed a bit since the 1700s don't you? Although the ideas for which the Founding Fathers stood for might still be alive today in some people, the circumstances of seeing those ideas become a reality are somewhat different. A powerful police and military for one....CCTV cameras?

[edit on 16/5/09 by Kram09]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Personally, I would leave America. Pronto. Corruption has ilfiltrated everywhere, most of all in POLITICS. But if you are patriotic and want to stay, how about combining #1 and #3? Do stockpile things you will need in case of 'Situation X'. Food, water, provisions, weapons....guns before they become illegal to own in this country...which will no doubt happen sooner than we think. Make sure you are not only well-equipped but that you KNOW what you're doing, how to defend yourself and fight. Do develop connections with like-minded people....then if you went off somewhere into the wilderness/mountains/wherever, it wouldn't just be 'hiding'. It would be defending yourself from afar and waiting for the right opportunity to join with others like you, perhaps start your own community, if things get bad you'll want to stick together with people who think like you. If things get really bad, you will be able to defend yourself...in the meantime, you can live peacefully away from big cities which are certain to be targeted first in the event of any kind of attack, foreign or domestic.

Just my $0.02....

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Replikant has the right idea...shades of 1 & 2, depending on your personal ability and preferences....Option 2 is right out at this stage, too late for that...the current system must fail before any meaningful reform can happen..

My feeling is that families will be much better off weathering the storm with other like minded families...You may or may not know that there are many of us who are quietly looking to forge alliances with other like minded neighbors and communities....the time to get started was yesterday, so do the best you can with what you have and best of luck to you, for time is getting short..

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i too am worried about right-wing extremeist. i mean it seems like they think bush and cheyney were some kind of gods. i dont know if it was mind control or something but man these people are out of control. i dont understand what was going on there. bush and his cronies were running shady deals all over the place. i think we should investigate further to find out if the BLIND right wingers were under mind control or what i fear for my country. it seems that a certain group of righties are prepared to commit treason and destroy the ideals of the founding fathers because they lost and are in shock because there saviors reagan bush cheney are finally done raping this country. If all the people who disagreed with bush and cheyney took arms or became hardcore nutcases like these people are talking about this country would have gone down in flames but instead they had to WAIT until the time for a change of power. thats democracy.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SchefSalad]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

Ummm, yeah.....ok...well, looks like another great contribution from our public education system...thanks for your input...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I think the smart thing to do would find a sort of colony of like minded people.. that live on simpler terms and are capable of self-reliance.

I don't know specifics, but I do know that people like this do exist, they work together and look out for each other.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Many of us have offspring we love dearly, and no one wants them put at risk unnecessarily.

Maybe an option would be to campaign, run for office, and create political pressure until the thing goes tits up.

Then hide the best you can.

And fight when forced into it by either reason of self defense, or a moment of duty comes over you.

Nothing wrong with fighting for what's right, fighting intelligently, and fighting to make a better existence. If we didn't, this old world would be one, big, * hole, unsuitable for children.

The rest is out of our hands, and in the hands of another.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What a great idea lets send all of these highly irrational people to a colony that way they can start to kill each other when they begin to disagree with each other . geese my eyes are open. i tell you you cant make this up. if these people are this irrational about an election that was decided fair and square by the people and NOT court mandated imagine howd they be on there own. you would then see humanity at its finest i'm sure

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
For sure #1) and if you havent already a cache you had better hurry up.
It's way too late for politics now.

Father of two myself, and very self sufficient.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Participate in politics. That is the best option

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Participate in politics. That is the best option

FFS's you gotta be kidding me...thats like living in a huge kitty litter box...it's full of nothing but Sh!t.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
One thing that everybody needs to remember. The people that are really running things don't care who is in office as long as they control things, and get the laws they want inacted.
to the powers that rule, there is no Reps or Dems, it's just them. they want control. It's kind of obvious it's the bankers and their ilk. They don't care about race, color , cred, party, there is just one thing--it's power.
So remember, it makes no difference who's running things as long as "they" have control. By the way--"-they" have control.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
good thread

good reply's replikant

from the few reply's you can see many will be in trouble but many more are listening and/or finishing their plans

the funny thing is people have so many different types of INSURANCE....car....home....life....medical....etc... but they OFTEN don't have SHTF insurance.......intresting times we live in........

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

but they OFTEN don't have SHTF insurance.......intresting times we live in........

Probably because that would be classed as an 'Act of God' and therefore void of any insurance claims!

Personally I have no insurance. Much better to not feed them my hard-earned, and my possessions are priceless to me, but not worth much to many others. I try to be careful and mitigate risk,but meh, if something happens to them I'll just start again. After all, I was born without the shirt on my back.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It is one thing to stay and fight if you don’t have a child or have someone else who can care for that child in your life. If the choice came down to trying to save my country or trying to shelter my child my child would absolutely come first. Hiding would be my first option, to not only shelter them from death, but from being brainwashed by the NWO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join