It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This classical painting cracked me up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's very rare for a classic-style painting like this to actually make me laugh out loud, but this one of Adam and Eve sure did. Look at the expression on Adam's face. He's like "durrr...uh...Ididn'tDoIt, man, it's the chick's fault; come on, cut me some slack, dude." And it almost looks like God is giving him the finger. And what's with the weird little floaty-head angels in the top, anyway?

I have no idea who painted this; maybe one of you do. It looks like it comes from the baroque period.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I didn't know off the top of my head but I poked around a little and found out it is "Adam and Eve" by DOMENICHINO 1623-25.

Your description of Adam explaining himself to god was funny.

Here is the site I found the information.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Bravo! I looked and looked and the only thing I could find out about that painting is that it hangs in the Chatsworth House in England. I would LOVE to poke around in that house! It's FULL of all sorts of paintings.

Chatsworth House

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
C'mon! It was the biatch's fault!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
I didn't know off the top of my head but I poked around a little and found out it is "Adam and Eve" by DOMENICHINO 1623-25.

Your description of Adam explaining himself to god was funny.

Here is the site I found the information.

Thanks for the info...

Out of curiosity, how did you figure that out?!?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It strikes me funny too, now that you bring it up.
Whatever he's saying, it's in the voice of Woody Allen (at least in MY head it is).

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Cmon god What? Me, no it's HER! This ain't my fault. Listen I was just fine by myself but nooooo what did some omnipotent creator have to go and do? Yea, I thought so, God it's all well and good when you do it... but listen I had nothing to do with this. She listened to a SNAKE for you sakes. A SNAKE! Really I tried to tell her about the snake but did she listen NOOOOO.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Adam; C'mon Guv, sort it out.. what you dun gone and given me? can't you do something about it.. it's driving me crazy..keeps suggestiin all sorts of things that aint true and i'm getting the blame for it all.. what do you take me for? What have I ever done wrong?

God; I only gave you ONE of them.. I don't know what went wrong either.. don't blame me or i'll cast my wrath upn you both.. anyway, she looks innocent enough.. for a blonde... Dohhh...that's the problem..

1st Angel; What the heck are these three flying head all about?
2nd Angel; Ooohh.. I have no idea...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Adam: So you say she got up, went to the kitchen and ate an apple? Come on! She won't even get get up to greet you, she just sits here all day asking me to get her an 'Oprah', whatever that is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

thats so cool, and yes it looks like God is giving Adam the finger..its like, "dude, 100% responsibility, you can't blame anyone...dobbing in the woman...anyway, she came from your rib, so you are to blame big fella, she was just listening to your DNA code..."

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

He has another one called the Rebuke of Adam and Eve also, but slightly different. Oddly, the two have much different treatments (paint-wise), and make me wonder if one of these was more of a student's work than the other.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Whatever he's saying, it's in the voice of Woody Allen (at least in MY head it is).

Now you mention it, I feel the same way also. Is it me or does God look like he's flying around in a Clam?

new topics

top topics

join