It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

66-year-old to become Britain's oldest mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

66-year-old to become Britain's oldest mother

www.telegraph.co.uk

A 66-year-old woman aged 66 is set to become Britain's oldest mother, it has been disclosed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Elizabeth Adeney, who is four years older than the current record holder, is around eight months pregnant with what is thought to be her first child.

The divorcee travelled abroad to undergo IVF treatment because most British fertility clinics will not offer their services to women over 50.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if you disagree but I find this morally repulsive. Why on earth would a single 66 year old woman want to have a child. The likelyhood is that when the child reaches it teenage formulative years, it's mother will be dead and it will have no father.

Even the Birtish limit of 50 seems a little high. Thoughts?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
She still might not survive the birth. Even if she does, she still might die from the shock on her body later. Thats pretty old though. Is there an oldest father aswell?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She most likely wants a child, but a child is obviously not the best thing for her. She will get what she wants regardless.

No difference then if she wanted 16 kids. She'd still get it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bringing up a child is a VERY demanding job (I know, I have three of them) even if you are a young, strong and healthy parent. And when this woman's child enters the difficult teenage years, she will be almost 80 years old, probably in need of care, perhaps senile... If she is still alive then.

This is just stupid and immoral. Nature invented menopause for good reasons. I am disgusted that someone actually agreed to give this woman IVF treatment in the first place.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
These days there are many women of that age who are healthy enough to look after a child. It's sad that the child will lose it's Mother at an early age but this child has been given existance in return, surely not a bad deal so to speak?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't even know why this is even on the news, this is nobody's damn business. Plus, who are any of you to say this is immoral? Just because it disgusts you? She might be in her 80's when her kid is a teen, but that doesn't mean she'll drop dead, she might die at age 70 or die at 110, you can never really know. If she dies while the kid is still young, how is that different from other young parents who's lives were cut short when their kids were young? My parents had died young and I turned out all right. Get off your high moral pedestals and mind your own damn business people.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
A 66-year-old woman aged 66 is set to become Britain's oldest mother, it has been disclosed.

LOL!

How old was she? I missed it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Note, that was the bastian of journalism the Telegraph who made that error! Not me!

I think she was 66 by the way!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by Welfhard

Note, that was the bastian of journalism the Telegraph who made that error! Not me!

I think she was 66 by the way!

You sure? I'm not convinced.

top topics

join