It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Spoiler) : Fringe : Duplicate Twin Towers, Still Standing in an Alternate Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by 4N6310

My personal opinion is that Peter died in the reality that Walter knew, then assisted in the projects to open the wormhole into another universe and snatched that version of his son.

Yyou're gonna hafta break that one down for me one more time because I'm not sure I follow you.
Are you saying that you(like me) think that Peter died in this reality, was buried in that graveyard and that was his coin that Walter had kept at the beach house?
That would mean that the Peter that is alive and kicking in this reality came from somewhere else and so far, it seems that this portal thing only opens doors to one alternative reality and Walter, no doubt, had something to do with both: it's inception, as well as creating the plug Peter uses(not to mention Walter's travel through time and space within the same reality gizmo).

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Question to you though is do you think this is plausible in the current reality as we know it, and especially in regards to September 11th?

While quantum mechanics is finding some peculiar things about particles behaving like waves, I think it is a stretch to say that in this day and age, we can disassemble and reconstruct complex organisms like this. If we could, then yeah, teleporters, holodecks and those things that create matter like Jean Luc Piccard's 'tea, Earl Grey, HOT!' would be totally doable.
I remember seeing something on TV recently about the dude that postulated the parallel realities theory, or, rather, it was about his son exploring his father's roots. I wouldn't pretend to understand the math that he allegedly used to substantiate his theory, but the simplified version is that particles, while not being observed, represent all possibilities and only organize themselves when being observed(see Schrödinger's cat).
This is still a far cry from capturing, transporting and then reassembling complex organisms.

So anyways, considering the following scienctific findings or observations:
Particles ride waves or vibrate with certain frequencies.
Electrons tend to basically disappear and then reappear elsewhere as they pop into and out of our ability to observe them. Where do they go, do they go anywhere or can we just not see them?

I suppose one can only come to a handful of conclusions and one of which would be that when they're not here, they're in another reality which would seem to suggest that you could have realities that tend to 'harmonize' at various points.

To me, none of this is possible yet, but the show does a good job of making you think it might be. They totally foreshadow and blatantly explain that Olivia had crossed the boundary starting with the NY skyline as she was driving to Manhattan. I didn't have to watch carefully to catch that she's been teleported in the elevator and tried to see if I could recognize any of the people that flashed into the elevator for a split-second suggesting she might have crossed through another alternative reality to get to her final destination.
If our's were the reality which the show is in, then one reality having not experienced the 9/11 incident is a no-brainer just like the alternate reality where the firestarter twins hadn't been separated with all the buildings with fires in them.

Anyways, Fringe blows the x-files away in my book. Long live Carter for blazing new trails, but it's run it's course, so on to new things, eh? Fight the Future bored me to sleep.

Remember JJ Abrams is all about that $15 box with $50 of magic in it that he never opens and that's the key to his success. Create a sense of wonder. Don't answer more questions than you create because TV can never match our imagination or at least, the stimulation we get from trying to answer the unanswered.

Abrams was never a Trekkie and preferred Star Wars, so if you're afraid to see the new Star Trek because you're not a Trekkie, then you might be pleasantly impressed.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What got me was that the paper reads "Obama moves in to New White House" given the impression that maybe the White House got hit in the other universe
Just a Thought

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have just watched the last episode of this series and it blew me away as well. It actually brought a tear to my eye and was the most emotional response I have had watching a show in a very long time.

I did think that the science was a bit shoddy at times but I enjoyed the show and the ending was great. Look forward to series Two.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Is there a main FRINGE thread I"m not seeing? If this is it I can't believe that there aren't more posts. Since the show is awesome.

Anyway, about the SEASON 2 EP. 1:

Still, going along with the TWIN TOWERS theme, I'd like to note something here about the latest episode of FRINGE and tie it into this thread's topice only OUTSIDE of the story context.

SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 (available at the FOX site for viewing) contains ONE DIRECT REFERENCE to the X-FILES and one INDIRECT REFERENCE.

1. (indirect) During the first 5 minutes of the show, when the "shapeshifter" kills an apartment dweller and drags the body into the deceased's apartment, there is a clip of the X-FILES very visibly on the flatscreen in the room.

2. (direct) When the overseer of the FRINGE division is called before the review board, the head state representative says "...We are seeing no results, either from you or the PREVIOUS X-DIVISION." (paraphrased but he definitely said "X" and division or something similar).

SO, I find it interesting that, if we think of this as an X-Files spinoff, which it is at least in likeness and on the same network no less, FRINGE shares something in common with the more direct X-FILES spinoff THE LONE GUNMEN.

You'll remember that the short lived THE LONE GUNMEN pilot episode involved a remote controlled plane crashing into the TWIN TOWERS.

And this albeit indirect "spinoff" of the X-FILES, that being FRINGE, showed an intact TWIN TOWERS in last season's finale.

I just thought this was interesting to note.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceMan
What got me was that the paper reads "Obama moves in to New White House" given the impression that maybe the White House got hit in the other universe
Just a Thought

That's what I thought it said. You were thinking the same that I did.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Interesting, and kinda fun.

Note: The following is nothing more than sci-fi fantasy and speculation.

It is said that we live in a holographic universe with non-local effects, and with parallel realities.

I've often considered US dominence on earth as something which could be projected, on much larger macro scales, say as part of a galactic empire, in which case, somewhere in the universe or even in our own galaxy, maybe, since anything's possible, on 9/11 when the horrified anguish from earth rang out like a siron call, perhaps a parallel event may have also occured, involving in that case, since we're talking about larger scales, the willful destruction (demolition) of an entire planet under false pretenses, setting off a pre-emptive war of agression for "global" (galactic) domination, where powers and principalities in "the heavens above" obtained the approval for an unjust and aggresive invasion to root out the "evil doers", while imposing a whole new security framework and at the same time attempting to tip the scales in some sort of religious war and "crusade" for the right to domination for those in service of the "true" God, who is among other things, a principal of leadership, and of a hiearchy of higher powers.

In other words, that a "new world order" here on earth is intended to reflect something similar up above, whereby earth is itself at the center of a great cosmic battle and struggle between the "forces of good and evil".

"As above, so below."

"And what is loosed on earth, is loosed in heaven also. But what is bound on earth is bound in heaven too."

So I like to speculate, as a sci-fi afficiondo, that there is a parallel to the 9/11 Truth Movement, attempting to get the truth out about the true nature of the event, so as to stop the "evil empire" from any further unjust actions.

"We were only hitting dirt and tents" - said Donald Rumsfeld, with a wry, sardonic grin.

"I have become death, destroyer of worlds!"
~ Baghivad Gita

Psalms 19:4-6
yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs his course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.

Isaiah
Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.

And the fortress of the high fort of thy walls shall he bring down, lay low, and bring to the ground, even to the dust.

shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit.

I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth his hands to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their hands.

I like to mix my sci-fi with Biblical prophecy, just for fun.

I know, very imaginative and rather far out there. The words from Isaiah in relation to our time and 9/11 is rather interesting though don't you think?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

<< 1  2   >>

join