It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've lurked on this forum for a very long time now and sometimes read the threads in this section. No disrespect but I'm yet to see any actual evidence, surely if all this stuff was actually happening there would be something to show from it.

The only story I've read that I believed so far was a wile ago about a womans husband that committed suicide after feeling brainwashed by aliens.

But the reason I made this thread was to just ask if there have ever actually been any believable stories told on here with evidence to back them up?

Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

In the gray area?

Don't think so, I believe that's why it was created, for those stories with no tangible evidence.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My post has photos of marks I've found on my body, I have no idea what they are / how they got there, I'm thinking some sort of sleep disorder but that wouldn't explain some of the marks that appear overnight as I have no clue how I could injure myself in such ways whilst asleep. It also links to another thread regarding marks on the skin, again with photos.

Anyway here's the thread ;

Weird dreams/marks

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok thanks guys. I'm not saying everyone is a liar by the way but I do get a strong feeling that at least 80% of the threads in here are BS lol.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The idea is to also give ideas on how to get evidence to prove such claims. The people who are reporting such claims want to know what is happening to them and show they are not making it up.

The vast majority of abduction claims lacks any type of evidence. Most of the evidence is from hypnotic regression, which has been shown to invoke fantasy as reality. Using cameras and other recording devices, calling up local airports to see if any anomalies were reported by radar, and other routes helps to gather such evidence.

I do not dismiss the claims made, but I do look for evidence to help back up such claims.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fair enough, but surely I'm not right in saying there's been no actual evidence seen in the history of the "The Grey Area"?

I mean is there no memorable threads that actually did have some substance? I'm not trying to debunk the whole thing I actually want to read some real life accounts but all I can find is fantasy and sensationalism so far.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Simple answer,NO.
Second line.
And a third just to be thorough.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
as with anything...there may be truth to be found but be prepared to sift through layer upon layer of BS to get to it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
In the gray area?

Don't think so, I believe that's why it was created, for those stories with no tangible evidence.

Yeah but people have posted stories on other areas on ATS without any evidence. However, some of the stories that have been posted sound like they could be real.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not sure why this was moved here but no problem lol. It's a shame there's such a huge lack of evidence when it comes to personal experiences. I mean I believe in a lot of things but most stories seem like BS, even the slightest bit of evidence would help me decide a little better.

I think with the influx of liars and sensationalists (I won't name them) getting known as people who expose "the truth" and people following them almost like a cult raises many questions in my mind. I feel a lot of people copy them by making up fantasies.

I feel like starting something up to only deal with believable stories, I mean I was listening to some stories from David Icke (okay I'll name one) the other day and I just couldn't believe how blindly people follow what he says. He was claiming that he has knowledge that we live inside the matrix and that if we think of reality differently we can change it. He went on to say that if we imagine a wall as liquid we can pass through it, his idea was it's only solid because we're made to believe it is. Well surely if he actually knows this somehow he can realise it and pass through any surface he likes? Ridiculous? Yes, but so many people seem to believe his word and others like him. It's like people follow conspiracy stories as blindly as the general public follow the government.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
I've lurked on this forum for a very long time now and sometimes read the threads in this section. No disrespect but I'm yet to see any actual evidence, surely if all this stuff was actually happening there would be something to show from it.

The only story I've read that I believed so far was a wile ago about a womans husband that committed suicide after feeling brainwashed by aliens.

But the reason I made this thread was to just ask if there have ever actually been any believable stories told on here with evidence to back them up?

Thanks.

I personally haven't seen evidence in most threads. I do see a lot of opinions and speculation but for the most part no actual evidence with some exceptions.

Regardless of what side of the argument you're on, you can learn quite a bit on ATS so in this case, I'm not sure that it's so much the destination but the journey. If you take my meaning.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm really not a skeptic and never have been it's just as I get older I've started to question conspiracies a lot more. I just can't see why there's never any evidence, I mean surely there's something.

top topics

join