It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian boy contracts bird flu (H5N1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is the second case in as many days. While the furor over H1N1 has died down this little tidbit is interesting to say the least.

CAIRO (AFP) – A three-year-old boy from north Egypt has contracted the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu in the second such case in two days, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

The boy, from the Nile Delta city of Mahalla al-Kubra, was taken to hospital with a high fever on Friday and tested positive for the virus, the state-owned daily Al-Ahram quoted health ministry officials as saying.

The toddler, who had been in contact with infected poultry, is now being treated with Tamiflu and is in stable condition, according to the ministry.

His case brings to 71 the number of bird flu infections in Egypt.
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AjAbUJ95sEHB3LYbW4Brh91vaA8F

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Does this mean I can plan on Egypt being the epicenter for the "accidental" mixture of this and H1N1? Because if I can, I'm reverting back to my paint shopping at Home Depot in full bio chem gear plan.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It is still my contention that the world outside of the United States, Canada and GB, should remain worried about whatever form this eventually takes...

It appears to me that the controlling factor as far as casualties go, is the current status of overall health and health care in the effected region.

Semper

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Bird flu, swine flu, what's next, cattle flu?

It seems to me that the more people get sick, the more Government has reason to step in to enforce control measures.

Like for instance, on the border, the issues dragged the World Health Organization into the fray of sickness on an already political tinder-box of issues. Anyone who knows anything about this organization knows that this is a representative of the United Nations.

This means that a foreign presence is on our border with Mexico.

So, what's going to happen in Africa next, who's going to get dragged into the conflict?

Will it be W.H.O., or someone else, will the threat of bird flu shut down Africa next?

W.H.O. knows?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I somewhat agree, but I think that the longer that either of these viruses remain in any large population center that possibly becomes the live lab for the virus to strengthen and mutate, thus the probability of evolution of a new strain, everyone everywhere would need to be worried about this, not just regionally, it seems to me that the bird flu has gone overdue to become communicable from person to person and it is only matter of time, even before this swine flu that is the biggest fear outside of a smallpox pandemic.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by phinubian]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for Egypt to demand the slaughter of all birds within their borders...

I could happen...

new topics

top topics

join