It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all fools who thinks Russia is falling apart.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
The US broke that treaty as far as i heard with the missile shield.

Which was brought about after the Russians demonstrated that they:
1. Had no control over their arsenal.
2. Had no problems selling nuclear material to countries which are known terrorist supporters.

As a result of that the US was forced to take measures to defend itself.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe you're getting mixed up with Post Soviet nations and the Russian Federation.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ivan I have to fix you on something.

The Russian economy is not growing at a 4% rate.

It is grow at 8.3%

Russian GDP up 8.3% in Jan.-Feb.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Even better now. Thanks for improving my stance Russian

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My grandfathers had first had experience with Russian equipment during the "Great Patriotic War". Needless to say it was not of the best quality(worksmanship), but the designs were excellent.

I do hope Russia will be a proud and powerful nation again, and this time help it's neighboring eastern countries that suffered during the Soviet era.

Putin seems to rule with an iron fist for a democratic president. IMO, this is just what Russia needs. He is almost worshipped as a diety in some parts.

As for a return of the Soviet Union, it is unproabable but it not out of the question. Many of the old Soviet states yearn to be powerful again, and many wanted to stay in the USSR but it's main state. Russia, was the first one to leave and therefore officiallydissolved the Soviet Union.

The baltic states would almost never join, they are still full of hate with the atrocities committed against their people by Stalin.

Ukraine is another story however, as half of it seems to want to rejoin or "team up" with Russia while the other half is looking towards Poland and even Germany.

Belarus is also seeking a partnership with Russia. In fact, the two countries are on their way to officially becoming one state.

Poland, the Czechs, Slovaks, and the former Yugoslavian states are not looking towards Russia anymore. They are starting to turn for the west, since that is where the money is. Many of them have already joined NATO, and others are well on thier way.

Perhaps one day Russia will join NATO? Russia would be a powerful ally for the United States. And Russia sure could use the financial aid and investments from the U.S.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Putin wants to be an ally of NATO but he does not trust them, nor do many russians. NATO was built for one purpose... a military force against Russia.

Belarus for sure will join up and maybe the ukraine. Kazakhstan i see a great chance. The Caucases, well not really.

I think the Russian federation wishes to be independent at this time.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
In this thread I posted some of the evidence that the fall of the U.S.S.R is part of a plan which those in the Russian government still want to accomplish.

The information is in this link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to former Col. Stanislav Lunev, the highest ranking Russian spy ever to defect to the US, this plan is still in the works.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
According to former Col. Stanislav Lunev, the highest ranking Russian spy ever to defect to the US, this plan is still in the works.

you have date?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am not too sure, but check the links and read the info.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The truth is they do not have the money to pay for the fuel to keep their operators proficient at using there weaponry. Most of it is aging badly. They fly once or twice a month compared to americas pilots at 2-4 times per week. They even have to skip months during certain times of the year.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
After Putin became the president he got much more cinsinteratrated on the military.

Military budget went up and a huge modernization is being made to the Russian forces.

Everthing is going to a professional army.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know if that's the same treaty, but certainly the U.S. did break a treaty about nuclear non-proliferation.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Russian army will soon be a volunteer army.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Didnt the russians used to send unarmed troops into combat with fake guns because the are so broke they didnt have enough arms to fullfill its armys needs...

besides just because you have some tanks and planes doesnt mean you can afford gas for them...let alone the cost to pay the soldier and the cost to send the equipment where it needs to go...

nobody takes russia seriously...hell..even bin-laden got russia thrown out of afganistan...LOL..how long did it take the U.S. to utterly dominate that country?? a week or two??

russia is broke as a joke unless some how population and snow can make some money..but I doubt that

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hey wise arse!

Why are Americans dieing every frickin day in Iraq? Why can't you guys even control whats going on in afghanistan? With all of the so called Sophisticated technology in the world, im amazed the USA can't fight peasants with bolt action rifles (Chopper incident).

I don't have to mention Vietnam now, do i? Please... Do not other nations if yours never done better.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by CoMrAdE_IvAn]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I think the Russian federation wishes to be independent at this time.

I think not...

The steps under discussion include a proposal to form a single, Moscow-centered currency system for at least some of the 15 countries the region dominated by Russia and making up the Commonwealth of Independent States.

www.newsmax.com...

Again, I have read many articles about the former Soviet states wanting to join up. But my bet is the international community may stop them...

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by PolskieWojsko]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hey wise arse!

Why are Americans dieing every frickin day in Iraq? Why can't you guys even control whats going on in afghanistan? With all of the so called Sophisticated technology in the world, im amazed the USA can't fight peasants with bolt action rifles (Chopper incident).

I don't have to mention Vietnam now, do i? Please... Do not other nations if yours never done better.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by CoMrAdE_IvAn]

Afghanistan is more or less pacified. In Iraq we are facing much more then bolt action rifles.

Vietnam was a farce, the Soviet Union has theirs too.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anyway... i do not wish to mention vietnam because it would lead to fights. All nations have made military mistakes. However i would apreciate it if no one refers to Russia as poor as Ethiopia.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
After Putin became the president he got much more cinsinteratrated on the military.

Military budget went up and a huge modernization is being made to the Russian forces.

Everthing is going to a professional army.

Out,
Russian

Putin is going to take good care of Russia'a military.

My Dad worked with Putin a few times and said that he is a very shrewd player. You don't become the head of the KGB by being a dummy. The man is doing the best he can with the situations presented to him.

The moderization of Russia's armed forces is not going to happen overnight. I think alot of people here do not take into consideration of the changes a country the size of Russia has gone through.

Russia is going to be just fine.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
While you're talking about how Russia isn't as weak as people would be led to believe, The U.S. is busy being the worlds greatest super power that has eevr been. 5000 choppers means you need to find 5000 pilots to fly them and I don't think that after the collapse, the reunification will be strong enough to support as many soldiers. I got nothing against Russia, I love vodka...maybe russia should stick to be a chief exporter of goods and leave it at that...because the broken pieces of her pride have so far proven themselves to be her liability.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Hard Red]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join