It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

To all fools who thinks Russia is falling apart.

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
I wanna say that for people who follow all of this type of conspiracy crap... you sure are ignorant about russia's strength.

Russia has more weapons and sometimes better weapons than the US.

They have 5000 choppers
mostly made up of Mi-24's,Mi8/Mi17's, though they have around 50 Mi-26's, 8 Ka-50's and a few Mi-28's.

Armour... Russia's best strength 48,270

1,200 T-55's
2,200 T-62's
4,300 T-64A/B
9,700 T-72L/M
4,500 T-80's
120 T-90's
150 PT76 Light tanks
2,200 BRDM1/2 recon
12,200 BMP 1/2/3
700 BRM-1k
1,000 BTR-50's
5,200 BTR-60/70/80
4,800 MTLB armoured personnel carriers

artillary is about 25,307

Nuclear Missiles is about 28,000

Their aircraft is around 5000

Their econcomy is rising by 4% which is about second to china's booming 8%.


ALSO ABOUT CHECHNYA: The war is basically over. The chechens have lost and their leader Bersayev is dead. Just Russia is angered over pankisi Gorge.



I guess their size of army makes up for the loads of poor and unemployed people over there?
At least in USA most people have enough food and health care.




posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Another ignorant person. They do get food now days... jesus some of you people still live in the 20th century or what?

The Republican guard in the first gulf war barely saw any action. It was mostly the army which the coalition dealed with which was made up of armies with T-5 and T-64 tanks.



posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Of course people get food, they would die if they wouldn't get food.
It's about the amount of poor people and the poor state that a lot of areas are in.
Calling people ignorant will not help your case.



posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
Another ignorant person. They do get food now days... jesus some of you people still live in the 20th century or what?

The Republican guard in the first gulf war barely saw any action. It was mostly the army which the coalition dealed with which was made up of armies with T-5 and T-64 tanks.




What are you talking about? The Republican Guard fought and died hard at 73 Easting and many battles in the western half of the country. The Eastern half was filled up with poorly trained conscripts that surrendured or ran.

And the Soviet Union has never exported any T-64s. You mean T-62s.



posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Russia's ability to reorganize and enhance it's military will determine it's survival in the ever growing hostilities of this world.

The threats to Russia as I see them:

1. Radical islamic fundmentalists, especially ones breeding in former Soviet republics. As the war against the caucasian commences, Russia will have the ability to crush these threats to it's great homeland. As Putin once stated "Russia does not negotiate with terrorists, it destroys them"

2. The ever growing European Union and it's goal to abolish borders, abolish individual currencies, and unite everything into one organization which intimdates pro-soveriegn countries such as England. The idea of individual nations is now being threatened, Russia must power through this and remain it's own powerful sovereign homeland.

3. Baltic republics joining NATO.. primarily a military alliance... .. now Russia has NATO on it's borders.. the organization which was originally designed to counter threats from the former Soviet Union. Russia must strengthen itself to ensure good security Estonia, Lativa, and Lithuania, all former Soviet republics now in NATO, bordering Russia.

4. The need to keep up to par or as equal as possible with the United States in military technology.

5. Facist China, who would probably launch a nuke/invasion at any time.. knowing that the US would probably not defend Russia due to political reasons and conflict. And the fact that Russia wouldn't want other nation's troops on their homeland.

6. The strive to remain a global world power and have individual border and currency and to maintain integrity of the Russian culture and charater.



posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Russia isn't falling apart, it DID fall apart. It's slowly coming back togther though.



posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh God people! Russia may have storing wepons but it's #! People straving, dying violence. Maybe Moscow is a more normal city but the rest is #!



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
10-4 AD5673.

According to this article, it might be worse:
Russians try desperately to avoid conscription


"The Russian economy cannot afford a professional army," said Viktor Baranets, a former military official turned journalist.

Russia's defence budget is about $12-billionCDN annually, hardly enough to pay salaries, much less replace Soviet-era tanks, ships and aircraft, he said.




$12 billion+?





seekerof



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Russia spends around 60-70 bllion dollars on its military now if you want to know.

The Iraqi war proved nothing about Russia's equipment. Iraq did not use them efficiently and weren't trained well with them as well as have a lack of upgrades and maintenance.

Its people are not really starving no more. The middle class citizen as well as the worker get efficent food, however there are many who are jobless, thus making them join the army or be hobo's.



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
Russia spends around 60-70 bllion dollars on its military now if you want to know.

The Iraqi war proved nothing about Russia's equipment. Iraq did not use them efficiently and weren't trained well with them as well as have a lack of upgrades and maintenance.

Its people are not really starving no more. The middle class citizen as well as the worker get efficent food, however there are many who are jobless, thus making them join the army or be hobo's.






Precisely, the Iraqi army was ill-equipped and not properly trained to use such equipment. Now in the hands of a experienced Russian military officer.. it's different.



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ivan:

Russia spends around 60-70 bllion dollars on its military now if you want to know.

Interesting and I concur, somewhat. The article is dated within days of this posting. Maybe $12 Billion is a low-end figure.
Nonetheless, $60-70 Billion versus nearly a $400 Billion isn't going to allow for squat when you count in salaries, expenditures, supplys, upkeeps, trainings, productions, and of course, R&Ds. Bear in mind that the link below shows the Russian military budget as that of 2001. Maybe the article I posted above, in my other post, is accurate for 2004?
2004 World Military Budgets



seekerof

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Seekerof]



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Russia's ability to reorganize and enhance it's military will determine it's survival in the ever growing hostilities of this world.

The threats to Russia as I see them:

1. Radical islamic fundmentalists, especially ones breeding in former Soviet republics. As the war against the caucasian commences, Russia will have the ability to crush these threats to it's great homeland. As Putin once stated "Russia does not negotiate with terrorists, it destroys them"

2. The ever growing European Union and it's goal to abolish borders, abolish individual currencies, and unite everything into one organization which intimdates pro-soveriegn countries such as England. The idea of individual nations is now being threatened, Russia must power through this and remain it's own powerful sovereign homeland.

3. Baltic republics joining NATO.. primarily a military alliance... .. now Russia has NATO on it's borders.. the organization which was originally designed to counter threats from the former Soviet Union. Russia must strengthen itself to ensure good security Estonia, Lativa, and Lithuania, all former Soviet republics now in NATO, bordering Russia.

4. The need to keep up to par or as equal as possible with the United States in military technology.

5. Facist China, who would probably launch a nuke/invasion at any time.. knowing that the US would probably not defend Russia due to political reasons and conflict. And the fact that Russia wouldn't want other nation's troops on their homeland.

6. The strive to remain a global world power and have individual border and currency and to maintain integrity of the Russian culture and charater.


I agree with most of what you said, but the whole US/NATO thing is just paranoid Russians. Thus US is not a threat to Russia (in terms of intentions, not military prowess). Hell - look at Iraq! The American public can barely handle that - think what would happen in a Russia/US war. If Russias old satalite nations want to join NATO it is only because they disliked Russian rule so much. You are dead on with the EU though - soon europe will be over run with muslims and White Europeans will become the minority.



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
Russia spends around 60-70 bllion dollars on its military now if you want to know.

The Iraqi war proved nothing about Russia's equipment. Iraq did not use them efficiently and weren't trained well with them as well as have a lack of upgrades and maintenance.

Its people are not really starving no more. The middle class citizen as well as the worker get efficent food, however there are many who are jobless, thus making them join the army or be hobo's.





I hope you don't think that spending 60 billion is a lot.... If Russia ever tries to go toe to toe with the US again, we will pull a Reagan - IE put the military budget over 1 TRILLION dollars.



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Since Europe is letting masses of islamic fundementalists in, and the caucasian race is being soon outnumbered by others... It's up to Russia to be able to defend from religious nutcase fundementalists before they take over and destroy Russia...

I see it in America too, but we are resisting a lot more to it.



posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Europe is being slowly chewed up by foriegners i tell you. If so then we might get a radical Europe like Nazism to ethnic cleanse these people... Imgaine that


60 billion is enough to keep the Russian military in order i would presume. Russia will in a few years possibly reach over the 100 billion mark as time goes on.

America spends 400 billion due to its major deployment of troops all over the world, its spending on the war on terror, it continuous wars and its keen advancements for its military technology.



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

At least in USA most people have enough food and health care.

Yeah good job you guys if you can pay for it you get it, if you can't you starve or die of disease great country you got there. If you're trying to make an economical point I think I should bring this up. If nothing else Russia is way more efficient in its R&D spending then the U.S. managing much better results for their investment. Other then that I will agree that Russia is in a mess economically, but they're slowly getting things back together and doing better then the U.S. at tackling deficit, just so you know every American citizen owes around 20k$ due to national debt, in contrast every Russian citizen owes less then 1000$, and this grows smaller every year. True the ability of the average Russian citizen to pay up is less then the average American citizen, but not 20 times less!
Don't worry about Russia it'll pull through, they're a damn stubborn people like that, which is why I like them. By comparison the U.S. has never had to go through anything that compares to Russia's historical suffering(please don't be fools and argue this one, it would be truly pathetic). Eventually the bill collector's going to come and then the Americans will have to take some serious cuts to........ everything.



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Reagan really beefed up our military, we need one of him every 15 - 20 years!



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Laxpla
signature
Subject: wanted to tell you.
from: SectorGaza
sent: 10-5-2004 at 01:39 AM
that i am glad that your uncle died at 9/11 by the hands of bush, i hope your head will be de-attached and dragged in falluja or soemwhere else they might send you to rape and kill civillians when you join the united stupid states army, the next bush-made terror act in america should be over your house , watch out for anthrax [V] amer.


ehh



posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
Europe is being slowly chewed up by foriegners i tell you. If so then we might get a radical Europe like Nazism to ethnic cleanse these people... Imgaine that


60 billion is enough to keep the Russian military in order i would presume. Russia will in a few years possibly reach over the 100 billion mark as time goes on.

America spends 400 billion due to its major deployment of troops all over the world, its spending on the war on terror, it continuous wars and its keen advancements for its military technology.


I believe that Russia will put up a bigger defense against the Islamic fundementalist invasion than Europe is... since it won't be long that these Muslism get into places of power in the EU.



posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
I believe that Russia will put up a bigger defense against the Islamic fundementalist invasion than Europe is... since it won't be long that these Muslism get into places of power in the EU.


Muslims will never get into places of power in the EU, i don't think the EU will even let a European Islamic country join.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by infinite]




top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join