It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who 'controls' Stephen Hawkings thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Its sort of like the question, who is his "Chief of Staff"? On the Daily Show, Andrew Card revealed that the CoS is almost above the President, as his gatekeeper.
In recent days Hawkings has come out on controversial things like Artificial Intelligence and Global Warming. While he might be able to communicate with his robot voice, it still begs the question, who is in control of his datastream????

[edit on 16-5-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It is a total enigma! I have wondered myself how do his thoughts transfer into the electronic vioe that you hear, and why aren't other people who are unable to speak for themselves not using what he is using?! Also, if some device can read your thoughts and process them into a robot voice we should use it on animals, find out their deepest secrets, huh? Anything capable of thinking would also be able to speak! So, yeah, how does that voice thingy work?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Whoa!!

You guys, it is wonderful to think about and consider things that do not make sense, but do you really want to open THAT Pandora's box?

Lots of us were happy to be going along our happy lives knowing that it is impossible to read animals' thoughts, or give a voice to people who cannot speak... and never even ponder Stephen Hawking, and what is going on there. LOL

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
who's behind the curtain of the Wizard of Oz?

hmmm?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Excellant post! Yeah, Stephen knows what he thinks, but does the machinations accompanying him actually express his thoughts. And can he express his thoughts purely? I still hope he can. He's an awesome dude, so long as his caretaker doesn't leave him out in the sun too long. Then it might all be an expression of pain. And, of course, how do we know we are receiving his true thoughts?

Edit to say: Please, if I am ever in Stephen's situation. Put a bullet in my head. I will continue on in a new life, spirtual, without the encumbrances of this earthly body.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by kyred]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Change

i saw this on south park .. its totally sadam he is behind the curtain isnt he?
even though south park is a smut kinda cartoon there is always that ring of truth to some episodes .. hmmm

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Change

lol the wizzard is ; )

well you did ask so im just saying just saying ; )

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Stephen Hawkings is actually modelled on that puppet fron the SAW movies- you know the one on the trycycle; only difference- the wheelchair.
Just as Jigsaw controlled this robot- Green evil reptiloid Aliens are controlling Hawkings. They have removed his larynx and speak for him, via his computed voice-box

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I wondered what speech software he was using to speak. He must have state of the art software, as he doesn't have to type anything, or use his eyes to focus on a keyboard. (You never see him blinking.) What kind of software did they give him, and did they implant something in his brain that could be picked up onto the machine on his chair? It is a very good question. I wonder if anybody knows the answer.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I have sometimes thought that he could be a complete farce. Somebody could have just taken control of him as his mental abilities vanished and turned him into a media atention puppet for whatever fraudulent physics they wanted to push onto the general population.

I don't know if this is the case, but it would be relatively simple to control his output. All you have to do is electroshock his fingers into movement and upload the text into his computer 5 minutes later.

Not only that but he embodies what the NWO want to do with mankind, totally break the human body and strap into machines. In a sense he could be a wierd sort of spell...

Let's just say I'm very skeptical of more than just his physics.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

wow, what a scenario! So he could be the test subject for a project of mind controlled puppets everywhere one day?!

It is truly a valid question though, the OP started a thread that I really don't think anyone will be able to answer with all certainty, which leaves the door wide open for conspiracy. For that I gave him a star and flag!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Guys, the fact that you hear him speaking and do not see him typing during FILMED interviews does not mean anything. You are on conspiracy site, so before not trusting controller of data stream and such , start with not trusting what you see on your own blue screen.
Thought reading??? His quick and fluent answer is typed for several minutes that are simply edited out. Otherwise watching him slowly typing his answer for minute plus would not really raise number of viewers, now would it?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Reread my post please.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
lol
The software that he uses to 'type' as such responds to movements in his eye muscles as they are some of the only muscles that he has left working. He runs through the list selects the words he wants to say and clicks on enter to say the paragraph, i can imagine an interview with him would take some time. As to the voice its a common voice for the program he had a choice of a few voices and chose this one, if you ever need to use such a program you can choose the same voice as his.

Still funny theory though

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Its sort of like the question, who is his "Chief of Staff"? On the Daily Show, Andrew Card revealed that the CoS is almost above the President, as his gatekeeper.
In recent days Hawkings has come out on controversial things like Artificial Intelligence and Global Warming. While he might be able to communicate with his robot voice, it still begs the question, who is in control of his datastream????

[edit on 16-5-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

If you Google "flappers Gulliver's Travels" you'll find out that Card wasn't saying anything new. However, while the CoS might have control of the official access to POTUS, there are other means of reaching him. Heinlein illustrated that in Stranger in a Strange Land.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

There's many devices people use to who are disabled in that way.

This may give you some insight -

www.businessweek.com...

The device
www.words-plus.com...

One of my patients uses a device much like that there's really not much to it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
No mind control... just a menu based word selection program and speech synthesizer. It can also be used to deliver long pre-prepared speeches:

On the computer, I run a program called Equalizer™, written by a company called Words Plus inc. A cursor moves across the upper part of the screen. I can stop it by pressing a switch in my hand. This switch is my only interface with the computer. In this way I can select words, which are printed on the lower part of the screen. When I have built up a sentence, I can send it to a speech synthesizer. I use a separate synthesizer, made by Speech+. It is the best I have heard, though it gives me an accent that has been described variously as Scandinavian, American or Scottish. I also can use Windows 98 through an interface called EZ Keys, again made by Words Plus. I am able to control the mouse with the switch through cleverly selected process from a small box shown on the desktop. I can also write text using similar menu's to those in Equalizer.

I can save what I write to disk. I write papers using a formatting program called TEX. I can write equations in words, and the program translates them into symbols, and prints them out on paper in the appropriate type. I can also give lectures. I write the lecture beforehand, and save it on disk. I can then send it to the speech synthesiser, a sentence at a time. It works quite well, and I can try out the lecture, and polish it, before I give it.

www.hawking.org.uk...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Mr. Hawking does of course.
As for *pure* thought?
He doesn't' like the American accent his voice synthesizer gives him.
That's pure enough for me.

"In 1980, we changed to a system of community and private nurses, who came in for an hour or two in the morning and evening. This lasted until I caught pneumonia in 1985. I had to have a tracheotomy operation. After this, I had to have 24 hour nursing care. This was made possible by grants from several foundations.

Before the operation, my speech had been getting more slurred, so that only a few people who knew me well, could understand me. But at least I could communicate. I wrote scientific papers by dictating to a secretary, and I gave seminars through an interpreter, who repeated my words more clearly. However, the tracheotomy operation removed my ability to speak altogether. For a time, the only way I could communicate was to spell out words letter by letter, by raising my eyebrows when someone pointed to the right letter on a spelling card. It is pretty difficult to carry on a conversation like that, let alone write a scientific paper. However, a computer expert in California, called Walt Woltosz, heard of my plight. He sent me a computer program he had written, called Equalizer. This allowed me to select words from a series of menus on the screen, by pressing a switch in my hand. The program could also be controlled by a switch, operated by head or eye movement. When I have built up what I want to say, I can send it to a speech synthesizer. At first, I just ran the Equalizer program on a desk top computer.
However David Mason, of Cambridge Adaptive Communication, fitted a small portable computer and a speech synthesizer to my wheel chair. This system allowed me to communicate much better than I could before. I can manage up to 15 words a minute. I can either speak what I have written, or save it to disk. I can then print it out, or call it back and speak it sentence by sentence. Using this system, I have written a book, and dozens of scientific papers. I have also given many scientific and popular talks. They have all been well received. I think that is in a large part due to the quality of the speech synthesiser, which is made by Speech Plus. One's voice is very important. If you have a slurred voice, people are likely to treat you as mentally deficient: Does he take sugar? This synthesiser is by far the best I have heard, because it varies the intonation, and doesn't speak like a Dalek. The only trouble is that it gives me an American accent"

... Direct quote from Stephen Hawking's website

peace

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Controlling people? Try Tavistock Institute. That would be my guess after reading about the Committee of 300.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow I didnt even know if anyone would respond to this.

I was mainly talking about who gives him his 'news'. Quite a few things have changed since his decent, yet they have him commenting on things as an authority. If his mind is still sound, I dont think he'd want to comment on controversial things without actually being an authority.

Being so disabled, he cant exactly go out and scour the web and all the latest scholarly papers like you or I. Yet I've seen him commenting on AI, transhumanism type stuff and Global Warming, while he's an astrophysicist.

Dont know much about his personal life, which would help clarify who his 'CoS' is. I mean have his wives been multidiscipline science experts? The point is on these matters I find his credibility weak. If hes surrounded by a bunch of ideolouges who 'tell him what to think' (think "Consensus Science") that isnt the same as when decades ago he was in a position to actually put his hands on data and decide for himself.

Dont know much about his friends, although apparently billionaire Richard Branson of Virgin corp is going to fund his space flight or some jazz like that. That might mean something to some of you?

BTW: I'm not aware of neural implants that do what some of you thought above, but they're literally right around the corner. Existing tech's I've seen allow you to move a cursor around a computer screen and do some other fancier stuff like fly around Google Earth or control video games. All 'they' have to do is figure out how to to recognize letters being thought, and then apply predictive text like Hawkins uses to type faster or what Google now does as your typing, and then apply speech processing and you pretty much have it. This would be done by tought, not by hooking into the voice box nerves or anything like that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join