It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America in Prophecy & the New World Order

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

There has been no ‘tweaking’ of the text as some desperate secular humanist historical revisionists have attempted to claim.

It would appear there is, at least with the claims that some prophecies foretold of Jesus. I'm willing to collect this information and to post links for you if you would kindly post some links/sources for the statements in your previous post so I can verify what you're stating. I'm not saying that you're inaccurate but I'm not going to just take your word for it.

Edit to add, sources that would corroborate stuff in your post like this statement:

CAN BE PROVEN to have been delivered 98.9% accurate

[edit on 18-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

www.english.imjnet.org.il...

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Though Christian, this site details ALL variations of the available manuscripts with EXCELLENT documentation. Dr. John H. Skilton is a scholars’ scholar who put me through hell.

www.the-highway.com...

[edit on 5/18/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Sorry there Brother Dooper... There were some issues you wished me to fill in? I'm not sure exactly what you wanted me to discuss. I have a couple of request but they would throw a monkey wrench into the works to go into them right now... What would you like to open up?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Remarkable accuracy is described, but I don't see where you get this 98% number?

Here's some interesting questions raised about correctly translating Jeremiah: www.talkreason.org...

Also just because the bible has historical accuracies inside it doesn't mean it is accurate. The Iliad is historically accurate in many ways but we all know it is a fictitious tale.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Follow the links from the Shrine of the Book site to their discusssions of the transliterations available and you'll see the technical analysis.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, I'm troubled by the same cotton-picking thing that's troubled me for many years.

The relative absence of the US in the struggle Israel must meet as indicated in Jeremiah, Psalms, I & II Samuel, Isaiah, Micah, Joel, James, Daniel, Malachai, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Ezekial, Hosea, and Zechariah, to name a few.

It would appear that we in the US, and the Europeans aren't going to be players in an upcoming scene not far removed.

Or are we?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Oh, now I understand WHY you have such issues with supposed Bible textual problems. Just a little explanation should be of assistance here.

First, the earliest known complete version we have of the masoretic text is from 958 AD; the MT was written BECAUSE the Jews were upset at having to study out of the ‘Christian’ (believed Christians had hijacked it because they studied out of it) Septuagint, and they wanted a version in Hebrew. You are comparing apples to oranges; check the transmission purity between the Dead Sea Scrolls and the LXX Septuagint; I do not count the MT as anything more than a study help as per its several variations between 750 AD and 1050 AD, even Hebrew Scholars admit this.

By the way, the Masoretes were known historically to alter and remove any Old Testament scriptures that appeared to reference Jesus - EXACTLY why they maintain the copy of Isaiah OPEN to the famous Jesus reference at the Shrine of the Book because there are still Jews that doubt it is in Isaiah. You have fallen pray to a 1000 year old Masorete Historical Revisionism...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Brother, I hate to tell you, but that is the whole reason for posting this thread. That issue has torn me up since I went to a Hal Lindsey Conference in 1974 – the year before I joined the Army.

We had to be militarily removed from the picture or the Beast WOULD have had the ability to enslave the whole world and destroy it several times. THAT is the point of a ‘seal’; it is the Royal limitation to the destruction the Beast or the results of his actions are allowed to cause. BECAUSE of not allowing our might to be controlled by the Beast and because we are dedicated to the Lord; prayed about in prayers for mercy and reconciliation to God, He is going to let us go through the fruit of our own complacency as judgment to refine and purify us; this is the Second American Revolution.

I guess for fighting men such as us this is a bitter pill to swallow because we will never be THE super power again. To be knocked down and almost defeated, but to come back and defeat your opposition, even if your bloodied and greatly weakened, is still victory brother. The point is that we win.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Double post... Sorry

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Well, damn!

Now I have to start over.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Also just because the bible has historical accuracies inside it doesn't mean it is accurate. The Iliad is historically accurate in many ways but we all know it is a fictitious tale.

The point then is made for me by you... The point is that the Bible is totally historically accurate - even when naysayers have attempted to prove it wrong, the Bible was proven right; the Bible is perfectly scientifically accurate with numerous scientific discoveries in the oldest book in it LONG before being discovered by man; the Bible is mathematically perfect as any verse in it can be reconstructed with algebra and the first 16 verses of Matthew are mathematical proof that there is a God and God is He (Google Ivan Panin).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Start over how Brother? Don't be down trodden as this Union does stand... Can I be of help to you?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have no problem with the US not being a superpower. It's a hell of a responsibility, and I figure others should take their turn.

I have no problem with the US being tried and a judgment being placed upon it. As a nation, we've had every advantage, every thing was there for the taking, and we've really messed it up.

I never had a problem with being outnumbered. The first time I went out, there were twelve of us that morning, and two left come sundown.

Now this is beginning to fit into the missing pieces of my puzzle.

As it is to be, so it shall.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

The longest I've ever been discouraged is about five seconds. Then I get too busy working the problem for it to last.

Not a problem. I just meant I have a bit more studying to do, and as you know, you prepare until the last moment.

There's always something left undone, something else to be done.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, not many nations have been a world class superpower for over two hundred years. why should we be any different. No one really seems to read history, it is so often repeated. I too believe that God has removed his blessing from us and is letting us fall flat on our own face. There is too much symbolism to believe that the Bride will not have to go through the same events that the Children of Israel had to go through. The believing church today has too many people that are lukewarm and conciliatory. However God has promised that there would be a remnant.

From what I have seen there are to many christian people that think that God will not let anything happen to them or that they will be "raptured" before things get much worse. Even mainstream Southern Baptist believe that their will be a pre-trib rapture. I have yet to see a good solid scriptural base for this.

Off topi somewhat, Sarge are you familiar with the book " The Sign" I cannot right now remember the author. It is an interesting read but I feel that some of his conclusions are a little farfetched.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

The Sign by Robert Van Campen? Pre-Wrath Rapture Theory premier expose’; far fetched, pray tell how? That book made me really mad as it contained what I had seen for years exactly how I had seen it, it was literate, well documented, perfect in its application of the Greek, and well reasoned. The problem with it is that I thought I had had some corner on the Pre-Wrath insight – including who he had seen as the anti-Christ… THEN he came along and published a book just as I was really getting a hold on all of this, ruined my week… WHAT? Me jealous?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

When you stop learning its time to pull the dirt over your head - glad to hear it dooper, had hoped you were not discouraged. But then your right, no time for that, regroup and attack.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

Follow the links from the Shrine of the Book site to their discusssions of the transliterations available and you'll see the technical analysis.

Why don't you just give me a link? Can't find it.

Oh, now I understand WHY you have such issues with supposed Bible textual problems. Just a little explanation should be of assistance here.

You're not addressing the problems raised in the link I posted.

The point is that the Bible is totally historically accurate -

Nope, please post a link and quote from any reliable source that says the bible is "totally" historically accurate, not gonna happen.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Would take a long time as you have to go to the Temple Scroll section and view the scrolls to the end at which each is discussed. However, this link discusses the findings:

www.foundationsforfreedom.net...

Yes I did address the point you made about the Masorete discrepancies; it is WELL documented that they purposely set out to alter and remove any prophetic scripture reference to Jesus as Messiah. This is so well documented that all Junior College Manuscript Criticism books deal with that one. You are a victim of a Masorete Textual Revisionism ploy. Those anti-LXX boys are famous for their Hebrew Politically Correct Version of the Old Testament; the MT is right up there with Pravda for reliability.

Read: Wurthwein, Ernst. The Text of The Old Testament: An Introduction to the Biblia Hebraica. Grand Rapids, Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1995

Of COURSE not one of the numerous continual anti-Bible whiners will admit what they have proven with their continued attempts to disprove the Bible on just one point (PLEASE JUST ONE) of historical/ archeological fact. Its just every time they set out with a ‘got cha’ archeological strike on the historical reliability of the Bible, they turn up wrong and the Bible right; every single time.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

it is WELL documented

Then show me a document.

I searched this link and the other. Still no mention of 98%.

I'm starting to really doubt that you know as much as you claim to, obviously someone who says the bible is totally historically accurate makes my eyebrows raise, but this is getting to be a little ridiculous, if you misspoke (or should I say typed?) with your 98% comment then just say so and we'll move on.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join