It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America in Prophecy & the New World Order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

That's a shame. I would suggest that you haven't spent any time studying the matter, or you would most certainly feel different.

However, for one to arbitrarily discount the contents without studying the contents, is to me a bit shallow and flippant.

So . . . what in the world are you asking questions about, if you've arbitrarily predetermined to discount the sources?

Personally, I would prefer to spend my time with others who are seeking to share and learn.

Methinks you're not as certain of yourself on this as you imply.

But as creature of choice and free will, you do what you wish. But I think your time would be better spent on other topics.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by toddhathaway

I wonder if he will suffer a head wound

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Is there a new thread that explains the Bronze contributor and such like that?

I noticed I was "THIS ONE IS AWARE."

Then, that disappeared, and I'm a Bronze.

Any idea how this stuff is determined?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Star for you and a star and flag for Sarge!
I've been patiently waiting for this thread for awhile. Here's my thoughts:
While I do not want to get in too deep with the translations and whatnot
here, God's plan is being fufilled according to HIS time table, not man's.

It is not God's fault if you are not aware or don't believe.

YOU have to ask and find things out yourself.
Thats the only way it can be true to YOU.

The proof may be in the actual places you can really go to and see for yourself! These places and happenings were also prophecied about beforehand. Agreed, if it doesn't pass ALL the tests, it must not be true.
Religion and spirituality get mixed up. We are spiritual creatures,
experiencing a physical world.(twisted by evil)
We thumbed our noses at God a long time ago.(and still do,btw)
Why do we blame him for our troubles sometimes I wonder?

I see something happening to the US to make it become irrelevant, and
therefore allow the invasion of Israel, etc.
A financial crisis big enough to collapse the dollar could do it.
So could war, or a natural catastrophy large enough.(yellowstone)
That is actually why I am on ATS, to follow all this.
Plus, I'm interested in ET's, bigfoot, ESP, black ops, nwo stuff, survival, etc!

Thanks ATS and all of you for helping me on my quest!

EVERY sign you listed is happening NOW, BTW!
I wish everyone all the best, and this thread(and us)to last!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I agree with your comment that; "Aliens and the age old demonic presence are one in the same."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some spooky things are about to happen.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I recall several years ago picking up a number of books I think at a yard sale (a man can never have too many books) and one concerned the European concerns with the prophecies of Nostradamus.

In it, he apparently had really done his homework, his timeline was very detailed, and it posited a major Islamic war, especially destructive in Europe. This is mostly because Nostradamus was concerned about his homeland, France.

Even at the time, I was struck by the relative absence of America during this significant time of slaughter. There had to be a reason America wasn't a major player.

It became apparent that early on in this struggle, America wasn't a major player as it was UNABLE.

As I recollect, America DID get into the game later on, but we apparently had our own problems that took all our resources in the early stages.

So when Sarge or others, attempt to shed light on reasons the US will have its own problems, especially as events are seemingly accelerating, I find it of interest.

Maybe over the course of the next week, we can get Sarge to amplify some of these views and why.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
iI am writing today to send a message from the "Word". This same "Word" reveiled Himself to me in the same way He did with Abraham, Isaac, an Jacob.

Here is the message, "He is looking for a man after His own Heart."

that's all for now,
His Servant

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

First off, the attempted maligning and discrediting of Washington’s Vision for America has been a coordinated effort of the secular historical revisionist – the same ones who claim that America was started as a secular nation. However, there is just one small problem with this, any American can request a copy of it from the Library of Congress as it is the second book it published, after the King James Bible. Furthermore, the vision was first widely published in a newspaper in 1859 (this was the point that the History Channel used to try to discredit it on their Presidential Prophecies series, even with its foretelling of events that would take place decades after it was first published) and the vision is referred to by several founding fathers in their personal journals; which even the History Channel had to admit.
[edit on 5/16/2009 by SGTChas]

Thanks!

I'd like to look into this some more. Do you have any links for supporting evidence?

What was the name of the book that you are referring to in the Library of Congress?

Any help is appreciated.

Eric

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That's a shame. I would suggest that you haven't spent any time studying the matter, or you would most certainly feel different.

You know what’s really hilarious; you aren’t the first person even on ATS to claim this. I guess that’s what happens when you disagree with believers, that’s why I try not to bother with them.

However, for one to arbitrarily discount the contents without studying the contents, is to me a bit shallow and flippant.

I have studied the content; your opinion of this after I disagreed with you doesn’t change the circumstance.

So . . . what in the world are you asking questions about, if you've arbitrarily predetermined to discount the sources?

A poster made some pretty tall claims, I was curious about the sources; so far I’ve gotten nothing that would indicate this poster’s ideas stem from these sources, unless they are just interpreting. Never said I was predetermined to discount them, I simply knew from repetitive experience that they would probably never validate such claims, and I was correct. Once something happens repeatedly it is not foolish to expect similar results.

Personally, I would prefer to spend my time with others who are seeking to share and learn.

So would I, which is why I think my conversation with you should end, apparently I’ve never studied any of this just because I disagree with your conclusions. Doesn’t sound open to me, that sounds very narrow minded, and a little condescending, but I’m use to people with faith living on pedestals.

Methinks you're not as certain of yourself on this as you imply.

Where did I say I was certain of myself? I’m certain of my beliefs based on evidence, that’s not the same thing. I think anyone who claims to be absolutely certain of them self is probably lying.

But as creature of choice and free will, you do what you wish. But I think your time would be better spent on other topics.

I don’t know you, in fact I don’t think we’ve ever had a discussion before, so your opinion on what I spend time doing carries no weight for me, please spend time handing out advice to people who will find it useful, if I were you I would start with people you actually understand and know, and I’d try to not judge them or their intentions based off of one discussion.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I guess that’s what happens when you disagree with believers, that’s why I try not to bother with them.

Once again... why are you here?

Never said I was predetermined to discount them, I simply knew from repetitive experience that they would probably never validate such claims, and I was correct.

Nooooo, that statement doesn't contradict itself.

Doesn’t sound open to me, that sounds very narrow minded, and a little condescending, but I’m use to people with faith living on pedestals.

Mister Pot, meet Senor Kettle. You don't have any preconcieved notions, do you Mister Pot? No, of course not.

Where did I say I was certain of myself? I’m certain of my beliefs based on evidence, that’s not the same thing. I think anyone who claims to be absolutely certain of them self is probably lying..

Saint Thomas felt the same way, for a little while. That's documented, by the way... I know you know the source.

I’d try to not judge them or their intentions based off of one discussion.

Not even going to touch that one... Too easy.

Back to the subject... I'm such a novice I'm having a really tough time with Teman. I'm stuck trying to figure out what city in the prophesy this applies to in modern US. Any help?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Where do you find that city?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Once again... why are you here?

Already explained, if you join a discussion you might want to keep up, I don’t plan on repeating myself more than twice, not fond of repetition on the internet, especially when it is easy for the other poster to go back and review my first response, and respond as they wish.

Nooooo, that statement doesn't contradict itself.

No, I expected something to happen, that’s not the same thing as being predetermined to discount it. I can expect a liar to lie to me, that doesn’t mean that I automatically assume everything they say is a lie. No need for this narrow logic.

Mister Pot, meet Senor Kettle. You don't have any preconcieved notions, do you Mister Pot? No, of course not.

We’ve met, so kind of you to introduce us again though. Never said I didn’t have preconceived notions, on the contrary I admitted this in my first response to the poster, and then they proceeded to play Mr. Pot.

Saint Thomas felt the same way

That’s nice and completely irrelevant, like most of your post.

Not even going to touch that one... Too easy.

I noted the absurdity of one poster’s claims, not the person. As for judging this other poster, yes I perceive them as someone who is being condescending and narrow minded, if that’s hypocritical of me, then so be it, I’m human and I enjoy it.

Now, can we let the off topic discussions die? They're getting too personal and are a waste of space.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Already explained, if you join a discussion you might want to keep up, I don’t plan on repeating myself more than twice, not fond of repetition on the internet, especially when it is easy for the other poster to go back and review my first response, and respond as they wish.

Actually, check page one for my first response to the OP... you might want to keep up. I just haven't posted until now because I'm a novice when it comes to bible prophesy. I'm one of the guys that requested this thread... You may want to heed your own advice, lest you appear a hypocrite. That may damage your somewhat tenuous credibility.

So, then allow me to rephrase my prior question into a request:

I think you should leave the thread, as you suggested yourself. Stop "wasting your time".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Where do you find that city?

In verse 8. From what I gathered from external sources, it was named for a grandson (?) of Esau... Here is the guess on the location, but I'm sure someone with more knowlege that I have will elaborate/add to this...

bibleatlas.org...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Actually, check page one for my first response to the OP... you might want to keep up.

I meant my personal discussion, not the entire thread. Hm…

I think you should leave the thread,

Good… for… you?

as you suggested yourself. Stop "wasting your time".

Never suggested leaving. I do think this off topic back and worth is quite a waste though.

So, back on topic, Teman was mentioned in Genesis 36:31-43.

Originally, the name of a tribe and then of a district of the Edomites. In Biblical genealogy it is the name of the eldest son of Eliphaz, the first-born of Esau, and one of the "dukes" of Edom (Gen. xxxvi. 11, 15, 42; I Chron. i. 36, 53). The genealogy here noted proves that Teman was one of the most important of the Edomite tribes, and this is confirmed by the fact that "Teman" is used as a synonym for Edom itself (Amos i. 12; Obad. 9; comp. Jer. xlix. 20, 22; Hab. iii. 3). The Temanites were famed for their wisdom (Jer. xlix. 7; Baruch iii. 22); Eliphaz, the oldest and wisest of the friends of Job, is described as a member of this tribe (Job ii. 11 et passim).
Teman is referred to in Obad. 9 as a part of the mount of Esau, while Amos i. 12 mentions it in connection with the Edomitic "palaces of Bozrah"; Ezek. xxv. 13 speaks of it in contrast to the southern boundary Dedan. The "Onomasticon" of Eusebius (260, 155) mentions a region called Thaiman, in Gebalene (the Gebal of Ps. lxxxiii. 8 [A. V. 7]), and thus in the district of Petra, noting also an East Teman, a town with a Roman garrison fifteen (according to Jerome, five) miles from Petra.E. C. I. Be.

Just curious, what would lead you to believe that Teman has anything to do with the modern US?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I don’t believe in the bible or bible prophecies. So far, no matter how much supposed indication is thrown at me, I do not see what those who believe in it claim to see. So, I have no interest in discussing the bible’s prophecies seriously, I feel that they are inaccurate and a waste of time

You live by evidence. Here's the relevance of my "Saint Thomas" statement. Here's your proof... your first hand source, if you will.

You have no interest in discussing the "prophecies", would you care to discuss prophesies, or do you insist on continuing to troll?

I'm sorry you elicit a response, but you don't belong here if you consider this a waste of time.

Need any more proof than your own words?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Just curious, what would lead you to believe that Teman has anything to do with the modern US?

Nothing special, just the OP!!!

Seriously, if all you want to do is troll, why not at least do your homework?

EDIT: I'm sorry to bust your chops, but if you're just here to continually attempt to debunk, as well as belittle somebody's hard work attempting to accurately decode the messages in scripture for those of us that lack the needed linguistic skills... Well, I call that a troll.

[edit on 17/5/09 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 17/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You have no interest in discussing the "prophecies", would you care to discuss prophesies, or do you insist on continuing to troll?

I'm sorry you elicit a response, but you don't belong here if you consider this a waste of time.

I consider discussing them a waste of time, never do I consider it a waste of time to hear from another why they subscribe to them and what evidence brings them to such conclusions.

I don’t think proving or disproving them is more relevant than discovering why people have faith in them. Just my personal way of looking at the matter.

I’ll ignore your troll insults.

Nothing special, just the OP!!!

Seriously, if all you want to do is troll, why not at least do your homework?

The OP mentions Teman once. I thought you had more of a basis for your interest, which is why I asked. I found it interesting that someone who appeared to not know what “Teman” referred to would think it related to something of today, but apparently you were just asking because the OP mentioned it, that’s why I asked you, a simple question trying to seek clarification. No need to get tizzy.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You know something, I don't give a damn whether you believe or not, if you want to discount everything or not, I don't care.

This isn't a matter of believing or not.

Historically, prophecy after prophecy have been made and fulfilled.

Selective ignorance is not a virtue, in spite of your pride over it.

Automatic dismissal is really an intelligent approach to anything.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

if you want to discount everything or not,

Not really a matter of want.

This isn't a matter of believing or not.

I respectfully disagree.

Historically, prophecy after prophecy have been made and fulfilled.

This is just an opinion, like mine. We are all just sharing opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join