It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup first: more Americans now "pro-life" than "pro-choice"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
the only thing i have to say on this issue is that polls will change just like you change your underwear. I think that the only thing that will remain constant is the freedom we have been given (in this regard) with choice.

There are plenty of reasons why an abortion is much better than the alternative, and the same is to be said of adoption and foster care. I will not debate either, The fact remains that there are uses to both sides ...
Now please please please forgive me but the population of earth is at its highest ever and we have seen that the current growth is beyond manageability and in the same regard some adoptive families and more than accounted for foster families are absolutely ABUSIVE and i wish it was a mental abuse. Some horror stories ive encountered include molestation, rape , and forced prostitution.
On the other hand I am absolutely sure that some couples would more than be blessed by a child. However these couples are few and far between and i am sad to say that they are few and far between ...

Your facts are all wrong guy. Population argument is a myth and their are far more on the waiting list to adopt than there are babies available. Most go to other countries to get them because of time and money and beauracracy including shortage here.

seeing as almost 90pct of abuse on a minor adopted or not) happens with parents who are infact "hardcore" drug users

Dude, where are you gettimg this "stuff"?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I am delighted with this, a sign of a nation which is turning its back on the 1960s generation.

Just curious - were you part of the 1960 generation?

I was. If you weren't a part of that time - you will never understand.

It was a magical time. And NO - I'm not talking drugs - I never touched them.

-------------------

You may think this is a delightful trend - - frankly I am horrified. Shall we give the government back the right to our personal medical and school records too. Did you know at one time you had to sue the government for access to that information?

That's another freedom that came out of that generation.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I think many of those FROM the 1960s are still deluded, those of us with historical perspective can see more clearly?

So no- now don't get me wrong, I like my Kinks, Small Faces and Byrds as much as the next man, but in terms of society, I can see the bigger picture

I have no doubt, some people had a great time, at the time

You may think this is a delightful trend - - frankly I am horrified. Shall we give the government back the right to our personal medical and school records too.

no

Did you know at one time you had to sue the government for access to that information?

you will be pleased to know I do not advocate that, but I also understand the amount of control, growth in government and curtailing of freedom BECAUSE of the triumph of the liberal/left in the culture wars of the 1960s needs highlighting and needs attacked

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think many of those FROM the 1960s are still deluded, those of us with historical perspective can see more clearly?

So you are not from the 1960s?

That was the question.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnneeSo you are not from the 1960s?

That was the question.

it was answered, I think that was obvious

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That was the question.

If it was obvious - I wouldn't have repeated the question. How about a direct answer.

#1: Individual Rights to your own medical records.
#2: Individual Rights to your own school records.
#3: Individual Rights to your own bodies reproduction.

Oh yeah - let's keep 2 - and take back one because of "other people's" beliefs.

---------------------

I'm well aware of the "Swinging Pendulum" of History. Take 3 steps forward - 2 back.

You can just get off my Individual Rights Pendulum - - I think I'll take back Right to Religious Choice.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am delighted with this, a sign of a nation which is turning its back on the 1960s generation.

-------------------

You may think this is a delightful trend - - frankly I am horrified. Shall we give the government back the right to our personal medical and school records too. Did you know at one time you had to sue the government for access to that information?

It was magical because you no longer had to sue the Government to get records, that were established by our own actions? What you couldn't remember what grade you finished or the last physical you had got so you needed to sue them to get a record of it? You must be ecstatic with the advent of the RFID chip then eh? Or that someone has to sue just to find out where Obama was born. Then when they do, all we get to see is the most often used type of document to falsify where we were born, a Certificate of live birth even when a vaulted original as proof prima facie exists. The only thing magical about the 60's was when they were finally over. It was a time of upheaval and strife and struggle from the civil rights movement and the riots in cabrini green, and the emergence of the most self centerd, immorally corrupt in the 60's morrally bankrupt in the year 2008, sexually depraved beamer driving, coc aine snorting, I, me, my, look at me, anti establishment in the 60's becoming nothing BUT the establishment in the 90's generation there has ever been.

That generation was the most spoiled bunch of brats that has ever been brought to society. When they were babies it was diapers, When they were kids, Remco, Matel, Tonka, the hoola hoop the etch-a-sketch in other words TOYS and the toy industry was the biggest industry going.

When they got older the auto industry then they all wanted equal rights and the minority vote to power from the majority. They wanted drugs and then the government made money off them and the start of the "prison industry began" They wanted guilt free sex and the planned parent industry when off the charts. They wanted money and the credit and banking industry got corrupt. Everything that generation has touched has gone bad. The only GOOD I can see coming from that age was civil rights but equal rights has become a minorities right to superior rights. Even marriage licenses, something all of us had to "qualify for" is now only the majority have to but if you are gay or have some unique sexual "orientation", YOU can marry anything you want! Oh and God help you if you are concieved in this day and age because the biggest risk the most worriesome aspect of existing today is surviving the intent of your mothers wish to kill you while still in her womb.

That generations easy out divorces exascerbated by guilt free sex and the start of infant genocides, those who survived or were actually wanted, as a generation grew up by a generation of the now two income temporary couple that ended up raising fatherless boys who went to schools to shoot their class mates, revere science authority while mocking religion, and saddle them with a national debt their own grandchildren will be paying off the debt for.

Yeah, it was a magical time alright and apparently you still don't see where we went wrong and are still fighting to continue in the same illogically rationalized direction to justify some of the most dangerous trends a society has ever had to pay the consequences for and now, what was once the American experiment to the American dream, has become nothing more than a slogan for a country that continues riding on the coat tails touting the morall high ground won by the great generation of the past creating the globally perceived hypocrisy of our questionably perilous future.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That was the question.

If it was obvious - I wouldn't have repeated the question. How about a direct answer.

Oh yeah - let's keep 2 - and take back one because of "other people's" beliefs.

---------------------

I'm well aware of the "Swinging Pendulum" of History. Take 3 steps forward - 2 back.

You can just get off my Individual Rights Pendulum - - I think I'll take back Right to Religious Choice.

HUH?

HUH?

No one forces anyone to have sex anne and when you do and you get pregnant, no one forces you to get an abortion.

What you really want is the superior right over a male for the "option" to "choose", death over life, the right to kill that same males son or daughter or force him to pay for child support for a child he didn't want but woman have the superior right to decide the fate of both the male and child regardess of anyone’s else’s reproductive DNA it comes from, or, whose life it takes. This is what the Pro Choice movement is all about, because before that, death was not an option for anyone to choose over the life of another as punishment for the know in advance consequences of the guilt free sexual revolution movements self centered morally devoid belief that if it feels good, do it.

Well, "doing it" has cost the lives of millions JUST so they can all have sex and their fatherless offspring has made Maury Povich rich, saying: "John YOU are NOT the father" as woman who no longer think about the consequences until they happen, are faced with reflecting on what they were thinking before they took a good look at their choices and the loser they were having sex with much less ever considered marrying.

Try looking at life from the side of consequences where the most dire one is dying and grief, rather than the "I am woman, hear me roar" mantra of the feminist movement.

You and Drwizzard using the clever semantics of "pro choice" attempting to pigeonhole those sitting on the fence into thinking they are pro choice is disturbing. I wonder how supportive you would be or where your political leanings would be, if their were a referendum for creating an option to choose whether or not someone else would have the RIGHT to choose whether YOU lived or died.

Under any circumstances would you be FOR someone getting a right to choose that option?

would you be "Pro Choice" then?

When it is about your own life, death is not an option so it is not a choice. It is only a choice when you have the option to choose death over life. and if one is not an option for your own life we see it isn't really an option at all. So saying you are pro choice is clever, but what you are choosing is an option neither one of you would want someone else to choose for you in your own demise and while you would HOPE, those who have that option to choose it, wouldn't,, you sure as hell wouldn't be about choice now would you.

Nope, you'd be pro life then and death or the right to even choose it, would NOT be an option anymore and one only given to the state in cases of capital crimes where at least a capital crime has been committed.

Pro Choice isn't about death and choosing abortion over life wizard?

yeah riiight.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Con Science]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join