It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: 'Absolute obligation' to investigate Pelosi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Pelosi is a piece of trash.

But so Gingrich.

Nafta anyone?

As far as i'm concerned they can both burn in hell.

I agree whole heartedly. This partisan tit for tat is so played out that my eyes roll out of my head when I heard about this on the news. Now Newt is playing the role of the Republican pitpull. Not because he is concerned with modern day conservatism, but because he is an opportunist. Neither Pelosi or Gingrich are of strong integral character, and for Gingrich to take the high ground is real ironic.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
She is a smug witch, but the woman is not stupid! I am sure those briefings are classified and will never be released. The Reps and Dems just like trying to "one up" each other. It is truely shamless! All of the people in that briefing "heard" something different according to their notes. It has been almost 7yrs since then so I am sure none of them remember anything!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

The memos that have been released were classified as well. I think it's only a matter of time before records from the meetings and briefings get released.

Pelosi has backed herself into a corner and doesn't have much hope of getting out of it in one piece. Serves her right for calling for everyone else's heads and trying to pretend she knew nothing.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Simply put, Pelosi needs a reality check and needs to be stopped. I for one would be very pleased to see her sweat under the spotlight of a formal investigation and subsequent testimony under oath.

I could care less about her party affiliation. She is wing nut on a massive power trip. Stopping her is like stopping a Hydra. Which head do you whack first?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

You got that right David!......I remember NAFTA and how Gingrich tried to push it. Pelosi......she probably thought 'Waterboarding' was another word for Surfing.

BTW, Pelosi also voted FOR NAFTA.
Source:clerk.house.gov...
OF course, Clinton signed NAFTA into law. Both parties did sell out American workers, and both parties continue to sell us out. Obama said he would renegotiate NAFTA, but he reneged on that also.
A curse on both of their houses.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by PammyK

The memos that have been released were classified as well. I think it's only a matter of time before records from the meetings and briefings get released.

Pelosi has backed herself into a corner and doesn't have much hope of getting out of it in one piece. Serves her right for calling for everyone else's heads and trying to pretend she knew nothing.

The real kicker is that nothing will come of all of this. There will be a new 'smoke screen', something else that comes up suddenly and dethrones this issue. By the time focus comes back around to Pelosi, her fumbles will probably pale in comparison to to the latest government antics exposed.

It's a vicious cycle, but the American sheeple are easily distracted.
'LOOK! Something shiny!...'

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Newt the gingrich is like a bad case of gas... the original meal wasn't all that good to begin with and now its the gift that just keeps on giving.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

I'd say you're probably right. Once it starts to look as though Pelosi will be investigated right along with everyone else, something will happen to distract the country and it will be forgotten for at least awhile and then "Ooh, look at the kitty..."

Gingrich may not be the best person to start throwing stones, but I agree with him on this one. She lied, we know she lied, so she should take responsibility for not saying something about it years ago and instead choosing to be complicit. She made her bed, let her lay in it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Newt the gingrich is like a bad case of gas... the original meal wasn't all that good to begin with and now its the gift that just keeps on giving.

C'mon grover, you've been here long enough to be able to add more than that to this discussion.

And if that was meant to be either a defense of Pelosi, or a thread deflection, all I can say is weak!

Pelosi has now outed herself as a liar and needs to be held accountable - just as you have said repeatedly during the previous administration.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What goes around, comes around. This arrogant bitch just may get her due.

Exactly, those were my thoughts, along with the rest that supported the Palin witch hunt,

karma baby

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't like or trust Pelosi, but why waste time with someone not in the loop (she wasn't President, Vice-President, or Secretary of Defense) - go right to the top dogs who were running the show and giving the orders and authorization to torture during those times. Say for example, Cheney, Bush, and Rumsfeld for starters and make their way down the ladder.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I think she has a mental issue, truthfullly.
Not trying to be mean something is wrong with her.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

Because she had her chance to object and failed to do so. That makes her complicit in the events that followed. She thinks everyone who had anything to do with it should be investigated, so that would include herself and everyone else who knew but did nothing.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This post explains the fact the cia is not entirely blameless either!
They are behind alot of the shennanigans that have been
going on for awhile! You want to believe otherwise?

Keep the partisan blinders pulled up fer sure!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Pelosi ought to do what George Bush did to a CIA official who didn't serve him well...have him get the Medal of Freedom.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I really have nothing to add to it... newt the gingrich is an obnoxious gasbag and easily as hypocritical as Pelosi... just ask his ex wives... and he really has no grounds to criticize anyone else's difficulties with the truth.

BTW Bob Graham also said that congress was misled and given all the misleading that was going on then it doesn't surprise me.

Its just the Republicans trying to seize on something to make noise about and the best thing Pelosi could do for herself is to shut up.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
As many theories about mind control and reptilian interference that I read and thoroughly dismiss as rubbish, this woman is probably the prime candidate to bear that conspiracy theory. Everytime I have seen her speak she has that deer in headlights look like she isn't controlling or even thinking about the words that slowly vomit from her lips. That woman SERIOUSLY gives me the heeby jeebies. It almost like she has completely forgotten what she says 1 day ago. Maybe early set-on of Alzheimer's?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by djvexd]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There really is nothing to investigate that is why newt the gingriches assertion is so idiotic... no laws have been broken by Pelosi to investigate in regards to this... its more a matter of he said she said and given the CIA's devotion to the truth not to mention the bush minor administrations habit of bald faced lying... not to mention obstruction its not so hard imagine that congress was not given the nuts and bolts details... especially to Democratic members.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, your partisanship is so strong, that you can't see the issue here. Fortunately, there are few people, like Leon Paneta, a Democrat, appointed by President Obama, who ignore the partisanship, to speak the truth.
www.poligazette.com...

New CIA Director Leon Panetta, who was appointed by President Obama earlier this year, wrote in a memo yesterday that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi lies when she says the CIA did not fully and honestly inform her about Enhanced Interrogation Techniques (EIT).

Panetta, President Obama’s pick to run the clandestine agency and President Clinton’s former chief of staff, wrote in a memo to CIA employees Friday that “CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing ‘the enhanced techniques that had been employed,’” according to CIA records.

“We are an agency of high integrity, professionalism and dedication,” Panetta said in the memo. “Our task is to tell it like it is — even if that’s not what people always want to hear. Keep it up. Our national security depends on it.”

He added: “My advice — indeed, my direction — to you is straightforward: Ignore the noise and stay focused on your mission. We have too much work to do to be distracted from our job of protecting this country.”

TheHill.com rightfully calls the memo a ‘pep-talk,’ which is actually quite sad. The CIA director feels forced to send his agents a memo to encourage them to “focus on their mission” because the speaker of the House of Representatives - who happens to be an extremely partisan and ideological hack - lied about the agency in order to save her own sorry butt. Pelosi’s conduct really is unacceptable. This memo should suffice to force her to step down.

Meanwhile, Pelosi continues to change her story. She admitted earlier this week that she knew back in 2003 that the CIA waterboarded terrorists.

As said, Pelosi’s conduct is unacceptable. She should step down immediately. Not only is she lying, she is also endangering national security by forcing the CIA to focus on political survival rather than on protecting the country

I guess you just can't accept what most people on ATS understand- namely that both parties are nothing more than two groups, joined at the hip, both intent on pulling the wool over the average citizen's eyes, and both beholden to the military-industrial complex, otherwise known as the PTB.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was under the impression that if anything was going to be investigated under the umbrella of 'Change', it was going to be "US Government complicity in 9/11"...
Did I miss that? Now the 'hot topic' is whether a head of government lied, or allowed torture? While the 'War on Terror' drum beats on...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join