It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: 'Absolute obligation' to investigate Pelosi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Gingrich: 'Absolute obligation' to investigate Pelosi

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is engaging in a "despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort" to withhold what she knew about the CIA's harsh interrogation techniques, former Speaker Newt Gingrich said Friday.

Gingrich said Pelosi "lied to the House" when she earlier claimed that the CIA had never briefed her about the Bush administration's use of interrogation methods like waterboarding, which is considered torture by the current administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

"I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters," the Republican leader said in an interview with ABC Radio.

Looks like Pelosi may start regretting her comments fairly quickly. If the people involved are to be investigated or charged with anything, then so should those who did nothing to prevent it including her.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Is lying by Congress becoming so mundane that it no longer even raises eyebrows? This should be at least as widely and frequently reported as Pelosi's self-righteous diatribes against the use of "enhanced interrogation methods" on those terrorists who most wish us dead.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm afraid so. It's become practically a given that those in Congress lie. Unfortunate but true.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Pelosi has become quite a burden for the Democrats. I am sure that there are quite a few Dems who would be much more comfortable if someone else were to be selected as Speaker. I think they realize that if she is not removed from that position, it will hurt them significantly in the 2010 Congressional races.
I doubt that there are many Pelosi supporters even among every day Democrats in the US, outside, perhaps her constituents. If she reamins as speaker, I can see her doing as much damage to the Dems in the election, as Bush did to the Republicans in 2008.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We got two types of Americans.

Those who know she lied, but won't admit they know.

And those who know she lied, and will say so out loud.

What goes around, comes around. This arrogant bitch just may get her due.

Every time I see her on TV, I am forced to fight my gag reflex.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not another republicans going after democrats for lying episode. The last one turned out real well didn't it? This is all going to get so intensely politicized that the entire system will go into shock and the system will stop moving. Not like it really does anything now but still... Republican witch hunts never turn out well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, you keep right on trying.

And if it stops up the system, then that's good, because we can't stand much more of this spending crap. Another six months of this, and we might as well start selling this country off.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

How is this a witch hunt? She has pushed for investigations and claimed she had no knowledge of what was going on. Turns out she lied. So she should be investigated as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yep, Pelosi gets caught lying and its called a Republican witchhunt?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Republican witch hunts never turn out well.

Are you aware that Pelosi actually started this mess, by insisting that the CIA and the Bush administration be "brought to justice" for torture? If she wants to pursue this avenue, then she is complicit in the approbal of torture, since she was thoroughly briefed on it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just don't want another dirty dress episode. By all means, nail the bitch. Just don't do it the usual republican way and screw it all up. Besides nothing's going to happen since both the Pubs and the Dems hands are bloody in all of this and I'm sure everyone will agree just to let torture, murder, rape, corruption, and treason just disappear... I mean a new season of Survivor is coming out soon.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Pelosi is a piece of trash.

But so Gingrich.

Nafta anyone?

As far as i'm concerned they can both burn in hell.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Newt, Newt, Newt. I see you've added new words to your list: loser, despicable, dishonest, vicious. your 1995 list

When will the good ole boys grow up and become good ole men? When will the good gentleman from Georgia remind his fellow Republicans that real men and women can debate without throwing spitballs?

Newt, you know that you can clean the toilet bowl all you want, but unless you get the old dirt under the rim, it will still stink. Use words to "clean up" Nancy, but the real poop about the use of torture will still stink.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by desert]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You got that right David!......I remember NAFTA and how Gingrich tried to push it.

Pelosi......she probably thought 'Waterboarding' was another word for Surfing.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The catch with Pelosi and hell is that she will make sure that you join her there because she is not going down alone.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This should go both ways IMHO. If you are going to make an issue about Bush era torture etc, then expect your role in it to go un-noticed then perhaps you need to rethink your position.

I see no issue with investigating who knew what and when

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

You got that right David!......I remember NAFTA and how Gingrich tried to push it.

The Republicans seem to be trying to push Gingrich. I watched as he tried to take advantage of the tea parties.

He is no different from the neo-cons that have helped bring about this craziness....which resulted in possibly the WORST administration ever...OBAMA'S.

This entire thing is misdirection...and nothing but political at best.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am very happy to Newt on board for investigating the whole torture thing. I agree with him. We need a FULL investigation. Not a congressional "truth" commission. One done by the justice department. If Pelosi is involved, she is involved. But the same will need to be done for every Republican congress person in those meetings, as well.
And investigate Bush..
And investigate Cheney...

Investigate them all..I'm all for it.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by its bologna]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by its bologna
I am very happy to have Newt on board for investigating the whole torture thing. I agree with him. We need a FULL investigation. Not a congressional "truth" commission. One done by the justice department. If Pelosi is involved, she is involved. But the same will need to be done for every Republican congress person in those meetings, as well.
And investigate Bush..
And investigate Cheney...

Investigate them all..I'm all for it.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by its bologna]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join